Caulfield Pet Expo Aka Lydnhurst & Metropolitan Ca

LizT

Guest CaptainCourageous
An offer to pay the dry cleaning bill would have been nice.
You should be sending her the bill :(

Admittedly, it happens to a dog's handler sometimes. :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went as a spectator yesterday - had no trouble getting in. Showed my Membership card at the carpark

and then just walked in with other exhibitors into the show area.

Yes, it was quite crowded - in fact when I arrived in the car park the people next to me were putting their

canopy back in the car saying there was no room to put it up.

Lucky it was a small show - less than 600 dogs - very poor for a metropolitan show !!!

I suspect the entries were down due to the location of the show.......... IMO it really isn't exhibitor friendly.

After attending one of the first shows held there I had equipment stolen and difficulty getting shade I vowed never to return again. :thumbsup:

ETA: Congratulations to those that did well at todays show! :):(:dancingelephant::champagne:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

No Schips today.

Yesterday only 2 shown, both Barb's, nothing in Group.

Rings were very small, no room to move a big dog, and not enough space for setting up. We only entered because it was our girl's last weekend in puppy class and we were helping on the Poodle Club stand. Overall, I think attendence was down on other years and not a lot of bargains.

No Schips today.

Yesterday only 2 shown, both Barb's, nothing in Group.

Rings were very small, no room to move a big dog, and not enough space for setting up. We only entered because it was our girl's last weekend in puppy class and we were helping on the Poodle Club stand. Overall, I think attendence was down on other years and not a lot of bargains.

I agree the rings were small - didn't get much of a chance to stretch my boy out. Grass was not the best, and the baby puppy kangaroo hopped around the ring...! :champagne: Was very, very cramped too - esp when the people we were next to on Sat decided to stick a huge tent peg in our spot on Sunday, preventing us from setting up there again and we ended up having to set up quite a bit away...don't you just love those "nice" show people?? :thumbsup:

Mmm I thought there was nothing great, didnt buy anything (glad I didnt pay to go!)

Rings were tiny (and I have a small breed)

But on the good note baby had fun playing with others and looking at the petting zoo..although when it came to group she DID NOT MOVE!! LOL! Brakes on!

We went yesterday and raided the ATM before we went. Not a single thing that we could not buy from Petstock. Four Paws and more or Seb and Gloria. We were told all about the products and great deals and did not buy a thing except a coffee.

Congrats to Cathy on Best in Show with her Cairn Terrier Gr Ch Joymont Secret Mission!!

Also, Runner up in Group 3 went to the very spunky Pointer 'Hiro' (Ch Briella Point Taken) :rofl: :D :):rofl:

I was only there today, the grounds were not crash hot, the group 2 ring needed a good cutting, Poor Missymoo's baby's little legs got lost :(