Agility Nationals Perth 2010

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just thinking that I should start a thread like this ValleyWA as I was curious too, have read on another site that they are quite a few interstaters and was wondering how many were our fellow DOLers. It will be great for us all to catch up and put names to faces and perhaps the WA crowd may be able to help the interstaters with things like chairs and cabanas as most will be flying in and have to travel light. Perhaps we could start a thread of what people could help with this could include things like transport, accomadation, Ccrates as well as chairs and cabanas of course.

By the way we will be there, hopefully my dog won't be too much of an embaressment. Mirrawee will be kept very busy as she will be running my girl Jenna, also my sisters girl Abbey and possiably her own dogs as well. Not only that but she has to travel such a long way each day so it will be twice as tiring, and still has her horses to deal with too.

Jen I was thinking along the same lines. I don't really have much in way of cabana's/chairs but I will be able to help out by cheering DOLers on and watching peoples dogs for them maybe if I'm not stewarding. I may also be able to bring down some homecooked food. Can't think anything else.

We will be there :)

Delta will be running in everything she is eligible for, Charlie will just be doing jumping and games as he doesnt enjoy running agility so I wont waste my money :(

We are driving over from Canberra with a van, staying at some christian camp thing that they have opened up for the agility competitors... all 7 dogs in tow :thumbsup: Only 5 are competing though, the older 2 are just the support crew.

Good grief, Bec - 7 dogs!

Yep, all going well, I'll be there competing with Kirra. Rory's coming along to visit his rels and let Nana Winpara see him in the flesh. We're driving over, so hopefully will have all our gear - staying in a dog-friendly house.

Looking forward to catching up Barb :rasberry: I'll be there and entered in Masters and Open everything!!!! Lots of WA's are offering shelter and chairs. I have a few extra chairs but one of the el cheapo chairs I bought in Tassie was nicked from our grounds earlier this year...bumma :provoke:

Yep, all going well, I'll be there competing with Kirra. Rory's coming along to visit his rels and let Nana Winpara see him in the flesh. We're driving over, so hopefully will have all our gear - staying in a dog-friendly house.

Looking forward to catching up Barb :laugh: I'll be there and entered in Masters and Open everything!!!! Lots of WA's are offering shelter and chairs. I have a few extra chairs but one of the el cheapo chairs I bought in Tassie was nicked from our grounds earlier this year...bumma ;)

It will be good Deb. Yep - Masters and Open everything for me and Kirra too. (I'm too old for this :rofl: - but hey - what the heck.)

Yeh Tammy and I have bought a van especially for the occassion LOL The 2 little ones are retired so only the borders that we need to worry about. We have no choice but to drive though as they will not fly more than 2 dogs on each flight and we werent prepared to separate them over 4 different flights, who knows where they would have all ended up :laugh:

I'm going over there as well. We will be competing the weekend before. there will be 4 of us girls. Xena will be retired but Inka and my young coolie Gabby doing her very first Nationals will be there. Cant wait. 3 of us are old hands were there the last time lol. Cant wait count downing now. We will be driving over will probably take a couple of days will be working out things this weekend

Yep as Bec mentioned we will be driving over doing the trials the weekend before the Nationals as well so will be good to catch up with everyone :laugh:. Now i cant for the life of me believe how hard it is too pick up a 500 SPD partner for my young girl......so if anyone is looking let me know i am looking at sending our entries off this week to get the early bird...helps when you are running 5 dogs lol.

We had hoped to team the kids up with each other but unfortunately the pairs gods were not in our favour this year and not many trials are having them. So Linky is a baby BC with a ton of speed, good weaves, contacts will be good ;) and is pretty consistant let me know if anyone is interested..

Edited by Tailwag

Off topic, but did you end up entering the Western Classic?

I did yes but I've decided we're not ready :( . I can't wait to trial but I want to be confident we're ready. Banjo's had an on going foot problem for the past few weeks to. It's lucky I'm not going because I have to work that Saturday night now :mad but I'm hoping to come watch on Friday.