Tuffie Toys

all that glitters

I had a boomerang one - got killed :(

Have had a ring one for ages though - yet to be killed, despite several attempts :laugh:

Had the sheep but was the same size as Kyzer :rofl: and he was a bit scared of it so it got rehomed and hasn't been killed there.

Edited by amypie

Depends.

Some dogs rip them to bits in a minute, other dogs they last ages. My theory is, if a dog wants to rip it up, they will.

Riley had a octopus (8 i think) and ripped it up in about a hour, but the Mega Ring has been going strong for over a year now. Its got a small tear, but only through the top layer so it hasn't affected it at all.

Edited to add - I love the Pig and Sheep - I even had someone buy a Pig off me for a door stop! :laugh:

Edited by wagsalot

Yep they're cute - I was upset when we sold our last Sherman (the sheep) :laugh:

Edited to add - with the toughness, the mega ring is the first soft toy that hasn't got wrecked in this house, so they are certainly tougher than alot of other toys. It gets fair work out too as its one of Riley's favourites.

This is what his looks like after a year

post-4872-1266229318_thumb.jpg

Edited by wagsalot

The dogs got the octopus one for Xmas and promptly destroyed it :laugh: Daina is the main destroyer but the boys help too.

PC230045.jpg

PC230043.jpg

P1030001.jpg

That didn't take her long. There is A LOT of stuffing in them, I picked up so much.

They have decided to leave the tentacles intact and it is their FAVOURITE toy. You can't sit down without Daina dropping it at your feet or putting it on your lap. Often her and Mud will be lying down face to face and in the middle of them is the toy and they are just having a nice time chewing on it.

If you imagine a de-stuffed octopus toy with the inner circle totally gone and just the ring of legs - that's what they've done :rofl:

Jack has had the alligator and octopus for years, and only managed to get a wee bit of the stitching loose on the black binding material. He usually destroys all stuffed toys, particularly those with squeakers, but these are too tough for him :laugh:

Our lab has had the octopus and lizard/gecko since she was a pup (6 months) and both are still intact. She has destroyed a lot of other plush toys. We did get her the moosesaurus but she did managed to rip it (starting with the ears) in the first week or so.

We've found the skinneez toys very good and she absolutely loves them. They have no stuffing so if she rips one it's not as dangerous. She's had the large lion since she was a pup and even plays tug with it with other dogs and still going strong. I couldn't find the official site but here is the flamingo which we also have... http://www.wag-n-trainllc.com/skexpifl20in.html

Our Lab has destroyed a hell of a lot in his time (20 months old) but the only toy he still has from his puppy days is his yellow ultimate tuffy ring. He adores it, and tosses it about and then uses it as his pillow every night in his crate.

We also bought our Dally girl her very own pink one on her first birthday a couple of weeks ago and she hasn't destroyed it yet (she's not a major chewer usually) and she too uses in her crate.

Sam (the Lab) is so funny to watch when he wiggles across his crate to literally pull the tuffy ring under his head, so human like! It has loads of wear left in it yet.

Rosie had the Sherman - she loved it but - evil little dog that she is - methodically worked her way through the seams to de stuff him - every time I pushed the stuffing back in she found another way to get it out :laugh:

She did enjoy it though

post-25263-1266232801_thumb.jpg

post-25263-1266232811_thumb.jpg

post-25263-1266232818_thumb.jpg

post-25263-1266232906_thumb.jpg

post-25263-1266232958_thumb.jpg

I bought the Ring for turbo when he was going through a destructive toy phase... it survived very well.. now he loves all his stuff toys and doesn't chew them so I haven't tried anything else from the range! They do seem to be quite strong compared to the other stuff on the market.

I have one BC who they are good value for but the other 2 lay waste to even the toughest of these toys within minutes. For me, the high price doesn't translate to extra playing time so I won't buy them anymore.

We've been through:

Howie Horse - 7

Phineas Phrog - 8

Ultimate Bone - 8

Mega Ring - 10

ETA: I ordered from the dogtoys website and found the service slow.

Edited by molasseslass

Ive had a few of various types and Ive found that only the rings and the bone type shape ones last. The ones like the octopus etc are too full of stuffing so fall apart waaaay too easy - i tried sewing them up a few times to no avail. One of my boys had a big ring for over a year before it started getting a tiny hole, then lasted about 6 months longer

Pepper has killed an alligator, a lizard, a sheep and an octopus. But the skins are apparently still more exciting than the ring and the bone that she hasn't killed.

:laugh:

:)

The newest ones have lasted a lot longer because we only give them to Pepper indoors, when we are home and playing with her. In the end it didn't save Sherman Sheep, but he lasted a lot longer than Garry Gator. :D I'll buy them again, infrequently (because of the cost).

Depends on the dog. I havn't found a dog toy (including the Kongs, Tuffys and any other thick rubber material object) that is JRT proof yet. Chalky tears them all to shreds overnight then sleeps all the next day :laugh: . It must be tough work.