Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If money was no issue I would like to trial in Calafornia around September so I could run Lincoln at the Chessie speciality and then the Eukanuba. Plus the weather would be awsome. :mad (I know I cheated)

In all seriousness I would love to trial Lincoln in Vic when he reaches the right age/readiness so his breeder could come watch. :hug:

Thats a no brainer Ptolomy - WA of course I always seem to do better there and the company is always so welcoming and supportive :thumbsup: .

ETA. So is NSW a state you would or wouldn't want to trial in Ptolomy :thumbsup: . Not sure I would trial obedience in NSW, not to keen on Queensland mainly because of the temperature.

Edited by ness

If money was no issue I would like to trial in Calafornia around September so I could run Lincoln at the Chessie speciality and then the Eukanuba. Plus the weather would be awsome. :thumbsup: (I know I cheated)

In all seriousness I would love to trial Lincoln in Vic when he reaches the right age/readiness so his breeder could come watch. :thumbsup:

I just did this at the Dally Nationals in NSW - it was fabulous to have Ziggy's breeders there....they were so delighted with him :thumbsup:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Thats a no brainer Ptolomy - WA of course I always seem to do better there and the company is always so welcoming and supportive :thumbsup: .

ETA. So is NSW a state you would or wouldn't want to trial in Ptolomy :thumbsup: . Not sure I would trial obedience in NSW, not to keen on Queensland mainly because of the temperature.

Temperature!?!?! LOL You guys get soo much worse than us! I've never heard of a trial being postponed or cancelled due to the heat like they do in SA! We just get more warm weather that's all!

In answer to the question, I honestly have no idea. By the sounds VIC has lots of stuff happening all the time, WA seems to be ahead when it comes to training methods and well QLD seems to be behind the times for alot of things... I'll trial anywhere that I'm going to get a qually! :rofl:

I was thinking about how different states are yesterday when I was stewarding a UD ring, all expect one person did their articles on the mat and the judge (and he's not the only one who feels this way up here) mentioned when setting up the ring that any who does articles on the ground is an idiot... made me think of a conversation we had a while ago about using the mat and how pretty much no one in WA does compared to pretty much everyone here in QLD :thumbsup:

I've never used a mat when I've been using the articles outside, always been on the ground! We just like to go against the grain, Seita :thumbsup:

I am originally from WA so I wouldn't mind trialling over there :thumbsup: NSW and VIC too... really no where I wouldn't go :thumbsup:

I've never used a mat when I've been using the articles outside, always been on the ground! We just like to go against the grain, Seita :rofl:

I am originally from WA so I wouldn't mind trialling over there :thumbsup: NSW and VIC too... really no where I wouldn't go :thumbsup:

That's right, I wonder whether I'll get any comments from judges about my decision not to use the mat! The head of obedience here in QLD is one of those who thinks you've got a screw loose if you don't use the mat! :thumbsup: I'll find out soon I guess!

I'd love to have a go at a few trials in each of the states if I could, especially for agility.

I like seeing the different courses the interstate judges put down and the slight differences in standards, as well as seeing some good handlers in other states. :thumbsup:

That would be a good fun goal I reckon - do a trial or two in a different state. SA and NSW are easy, from there it gets a little more tricky especially when you don't fly :thumbsup::thumbsup: One of the Tassie doubles would be good fun too. :rofl:

I would/will trial again in NSW .......hmm just not sure when :thumbsup:

I never properly crate trained Banjo, use to chuck a treat in then shut the door :thumbsup: , but today I shaped him getting in on his own and then waiting until I asked him to come out, what a better way of doing it :thumbsup: .

Apparently other states don't often use collapsed tunnels in agility. Is that true? :thumbsup:

You don't see them too often here in Vic. I think it was late November that I last ran a course with one in it. There is one judge here who always seems to have on in their courses.

I admit I don't like seeing them on course as there are too many here which are not well built and either risk injury or are downright dangerous. Add a few put in courses at very bad angles - I'd just prefer not to see them.

Edited by Jess.

I've never used a mat when I've been using the articles outside, always been on the ground! We just like to go against the grain, Seita :mad

I am originally from WA so I wouldn't mind trialling over there :) NSW and VIC too... really no where I wouldn't go :eek:

That's right, I wonder whether I'll get any comments from judges about my decision not to use the mat! The head of obedience here in QLD is one of those who thinks you've got a screw loose if you don't use the mat! :( I'll find out soon I guess!

You and me both Seita cause we work without the mat. Seen too many dogs over the years fixate on the mat and miss an article they have kicked over the edge. Not that I've actually done this myself before but you get the idea.

Almost forgot have trialed in SA, Vic, NSW and Qld and they all have their different ways. At least we dont have to deal with snow/sleet up in sunny Qld and summer trials are usually night ones for the cooler weather.

Regarding that conversation we had a few pages back about our dogs favourite training treat...

When we got to training tonight a friend of mine had a donut for Daisy (long story) so I thought I'd see if she'd like some as her reward tonight.

OMG She could barely think straight :) She kept missing her down signal because all she could think about was the donut :eek:

Hence why I could not keep a straight face in the video from tonight;

Oh dear :(

ETA: How much trouble would we be if she barked like that when we were in the ring at an actual trial?

Edited by huski

Regarding that conversation we had a few pages back about our dogs favourite training treat...

When we got to training tonight a friend of mine had a donut for Daisy (long story) so I thought I'd see if she'd like some as her reward tonight.

OMG She could barely think straight :mad She kept missing her down signal because all she could think about was the donut :eek:

Hence why I could not keep a straight face in the video from tonight;

Oh dear :(

She sure did try to tell you to hurry up and let her have the donut, didn't she! :)

Lovely enthusiasm though!