Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Back from our trial!

Didn't pass but still had fun, she was very distracted by what was going on in the next ring so missed alot of commands and heeling very sloppy. What was funny was that her heeling is her best exercise by far and we went badly and yet the two things I thought might go wrong which was her SFE and recall she did perfectly and got 20/20 for both :laugh: Gotta love when they do stuff like that! Judge mentioned when she was heeling correctly like when she was offlead for her recall walkup she was excellent, so I need to do more proofing in a trial environment on lead as I very rarely do stuff on lead.

I also talked way too much in the ring :o Blame nerves on that one....

Didn't do stays as we weren't on a pass so didn't think it necessary.

Even though we didn't pass and her heeling was shocking, I am very very pleased with how we went and when we worked together we did great and I went in the ring fairly calm and she came out of the ring happy and excited which was my main goal! :D

Met up with Murve with Orlando and the little Sargeant (sp?) I could have scooped him up and brought him home, he was beautiful!

Edited by tollersowned

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bad luck tollersowned but it's great that you came out of the ring happy with your performance! :thumbsup:

We had our first Novice trial today and passed! We scored 189 and came 2nd on countback. Lost 9 points in heelwork (did a hoverdrop and some wide turns, the rest was lovely IMO) and 2 in the recall for a squiffy finish, full marks otherwise :D

it was great to put faces to names at Hastings today :D met up with tollersowned & perfect partners :thumbsup:

Tollersowned you & your sweety did well its a shame you didnt stay for the 1min sit's & 2min drops, as you have said you had fun & that is important :D :D I am glad you did have fun, LOL everybody who has met Sarge wants to take him home :laugh:

well we did well in the Heel work with 24 points, missed 1 sit & 1st drop was half hearted effect , SFE 20points Recall well what can I say Forget it :eek: again cause we lost the Recall we ended up with a NQ 1min & 2min stays 30 points :thumbsup: total 74

OSS we have it all in video, so as soon I receive it from my friend I will post it

Perfect partners it was great to meet you & I hope your sweety gets better soon

Bad luck tollersowned but it's great that you came out of the ring happy with your performance! :thumbsup:

We had our first Novice trial today and passed! We scored 189 and came 2nd on countback. Lost 9 points in heelwork (did a hoverdrop and some wide turns, the rest was lovely IMO) and 2 in the recall for a squiffy finish, full marks otherwise :D

congrates Wuffles on getting a good pass :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tollersowned you & your sweety did well its a shame you didnt stay for the 1min sit's & 2min drops, as you have said you had fun & that is important :D :D I am glad you did have fun, LOL everybody who has met Sarge wants to take him home :laugh:

We watched the stays :laugh:

I've uploaded her recall.....came in very quick and forgot to brake earlier :laugh:

and her SFE

Edited by tollersowned

Well done at Hastings TO and murve.... pity there were no passes. And big congrats to Ava and wuffles!

I knew we should have done Hastings, not Broady...

Well, we were all set for our first Novice trial tomorrow, and I've just checked Annie with a tissue :cry: . Why couldn't the little $%^#&% have waited ONE more day!!!!!!!

Well done at Hastings TO and murve.... pity there were no passes. And big congrats to Ava and wuffles!

I knew we should have done Hastings, not Broady...

Well, we were all set for our first Novice trial tomorrow, and I've just checked Annie with a tissue :cry: . Why couldn't the little $%^#&% have waited ONE more day!!!!!!!

Oh WHAT Nik, don't tell me she is in season :cry:

I know that feeling I feel sorry for you :(

my girlfriend stayed here last night (she came down to do Hastings from East Gippsland ) my boys wanted to mount her, Di thinks now Mysty may come in early toooooo,

Bumma why are the bitches coming into season early :eek: now thats make 4 bitches I know that have come in early

I don't think we're in season early... maybe by a week or so. She was last in season in December. What a pain as she was working so well. But I have to look on the bright side- it means that we can do the Aussie comp end of July, and the workshops at the Albury shows early August without worrying about seasons!

Hey T.O just watched the 2 vid's oh what a crash :laugh: , I did watch you but I thought my eyes were playing tricks till I saw the vid & yes i was right, the SFE was real good :D see I told you you can do well

I don't think we're in season early... maybe by a week or so. She was last in season in December. What a pain as she was working so well. But I have to look on the bright side- it means that we can do the Aussie comp end of July, and the workshops at the Albury shows early August without worrying about seasons!

We were going to do Et at Sale next month, our training with Malika was going great till she came in 3 weeks early, now that threw our training out the window :(

Anyway good luck with the Aussie trials & workshops :D

Mine waited two and a half months, then came into season two days before we were due to drive 750kms to Perth. Luckily I could still take my other dog!

Your a lucky lady Oss having a another dog to participate with

Bumma about her coming 2 days before hand

Thanks everyone!

LOL Murve, I am just lucky she is only a little girl....I would have been stuffed if she was Lab sized!

Yes you are lucky she is little, try doing it with a 60 kg Rottie, I have, he only did it once after he put me on my rear ended me, he was more carefull not to knock me for a sixa :rofl:

Edited by murve

Coco has been horrible all weekend with her scent work, this morning despite scenting the track she ran right over the article in SB but ignored it. Started to hunt further afield (out of the ring where I warmed up) so I called her off again. Brought back wrong articles in SD which she hasnt done in 12 months so withdrew. Her other work was fine.

My question to the gurus Is it possible that the antibiotics I have been on for three days now have changed my scent enough to cause this issue with her?

Remembering this is the dog who refused to work for me the first (and only time) I trained with my glasses on, in fact she went and sucked up to my friend who was calling the ring runout. Took the glasses off and she worked as per normal.

Not a guru but I have heard that medication can upset the dogs scent work so I would use that as the "reason" until its proved otherwise.

I encountered an interesting scent problem myself yesterday with Kenz. We were playing articles and for whatever reason she bought me back the article next to the correct one - not once but on two separate occasions - both her wood and her leather. They both also happened to the same numbered article. Normally when I play my scent work at home I try and select all of the one number. I couldn't remember which article I scented last time I used this particular set or when we played the other day so will just do with benefit of the doubt and see what happens in our next session before worrying to much.

Coco has been horrible all weekend with her scent work, this morning despite scenting the track she ran right over the article in SB but ignored it. Started to hunt further afield (out of the ring where I warmed up) so I called her off again. Brought back wrong articles in SD which she hasnt done in 12 months so withdrew. Her other work was fine.

My question to the gurus Is it possible that the antibiotics I have been on for three days now have changed my scent enough to cause this issue with her?

Remembering this is the dog who refused to work for me the first (and only time) I trained with my glasses on, in fact she went and sucked up to my friend who was calling the ring runout. Took the glasses off and she worked as per normal.

I asked Bedazzled a little while ago if she knew how you got on today.....

Yes antibiotics definitely affect your scent work - take it from me .... been there, done that and failed scent!

Not super windy, maybe a little bit Ptolomy but will give her the benefit of the doubt unless it becomes a habit. On the bright side she nailed her metal :rofl:. Suppose I can't win them all. She normally only brings me back the correct one and she thought she was correct to the point where even though I knew where I had put it I thought she must have grabbed the right one.

Edited by ness