Copperhead Snake Release

snake catcher

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, that's one pissed off snakle. Leave him alone. :laugh:

I was called out to remove it from a property, im licenced to do this, id love to leave them alone and this was a release of a rescued snake.

I have been relocating and saving wildlife here on the peninsula for many years.

The reason she was pissed was because she could smell freedom after being in the tub and she was letting me know she wanted to go now.

I was actually steering it towards the reeds so she could hide.

I think she was pregnant,hence her girth.

Cheers

Edited by snake catcher

Aww, that's one pissed off snakle. Leave him alone. :(

I was called out to remove it from a property, im licenced to do this, id love to leave them alone and this was a release of a rescued snake.

I have been relocating and saving wildlife here on the peninsula for many years.

The reason she was pissed was because she could smell freedom after being in the tub and she was letting me know she wanted to go now.

Cheers

Then why did you go back and pick her up after she was let go out of the tub!, seems to me you were tormenting her!

If you are so wonderfull why didn't you let her go in the reeds?

And no a Dog Forum is not interested in some sheila and a Comment on 'Show us your tits'

I'm an ecologist and have met a few fellow ecologists in the past that just can't leave an animal alone. Snakes and lizards really cop it because they are easy to catch (relatively). I hate seeing an animal in distress. If you leave them be, they will make their own way to safety. Although I have had trouble once getting a frog back in its rock crevice. It just wouldn't go! We had to find it another rock. Can't leave amphians exposed, but snakes are good at finding cover.

You do a good job corvus,does your nickname come from a love of corvids.

I raised a raven that was bought into our shelter,had him for a year and released him softly into our yard here in Mornington.

3 years later and i am listening to him now still.

He has a family in the pine tree out the back and still mooches scraps of us.

I dont think i was tormenting the snake,I saved it from a redneck with a shovel, i let it come out of the tub on its own and i followed it with the video camera.

I picked it up so i could take it to the reeds/dam and find water straight up.

The"shiela" is my lovely wife Karen.

Just out of curiousity are you allowed to release/relocate snakes anywhere "in the wild" or do you need special permission and/or a special place.

Where does one choose to release snakes in Sth East Melbourne (just so i know not to go there).

*shivers*

Aww, that's one pissed off snakle. Leave him alone. :)

Cheers

Then why did you go back and pick her up after she was let go out of the tub!, seems to me you were tormenting her!

If you are so wonderfull why didn't you let her go in the reeds?

And no a Dog Forum is not interested in some sheila and a Comment on 'Show us your tits'

Speak for yourself. I found the vid quite interesting and did not see any 'tormenting' going on.

Maybe he should have let it find its own way back to the reeds, but it is plainly obvious that he had good intentions. :laugh:

Is it a full moon tonight?

I saw no tormenting. I saw from the video that the 'strike' warning was when the snake coiled up. Don't know how you can look through a video camera when a snake is coming towards you. I'd be all eyes on the snake. Actually, I'd be outa there :)

Sure - didn't need that bit at the end of the clip, but hey .... not something I'm gonna dwell on. :laugh:

Thank you for sharing the clip with us. Don't know how you do what you do. Your reflexes would have to be pretty darn quick.

You do a good job corvus,does your nickname come from a love of corvids.

Oh yes. :confused:

I dont think i was tormenting the snake,I saved it from a redneck with a shovel, i let it come out of the tub on its own and i followed it with the video camera.

I picked it up so i could take it to the reeds/dam and find water straight up.

Good on you. Everyone has different boundaries with animals. I'm a "look but don't touch" kind of girl if I can be, but sometimes the best thing you can do for them is move them. I'm useless at getting lizards off the road with my minimal impact methods. :o

wow if you think thats tormenting and cranky some see my water python when she's hungry

I didnt hear the sound, I just saw the vid and didnt have a problem with it. A snake that has been caught and released will sit there sometimes like a twit and keep striking, better for her to be shown where the reeds are instead of out in the open.

some people have sand in their panties tonight dont they