Miss Hannah Is Not Well

bel

My foundation girl Hannah is currently laying on the vets consult table unable to move. She has surgery yesterday to remove a couple of mamery(sp?) lumps. All was well recovered from the surgery was barking to come home when I picked her up. Was all good until about 8:30 tonight when I went to give her her antibiotics and found her calapsed in her crate.

We are waiting for her blood results as I type.

Vet seems to think it's addison's disease.

Fingers crossed and all my prayers are for my girl to be ok

Hi Bel. I'm sorry to hear. I'm sure your wracked with worry, but try to sleep good because your girl is going to need you.

Were there no earlier symptoms that could be explained as Addisons? Seems to have occurred mighty sudden if not.

Good luck and best wishes and thoughts for your girl's recovery coming from here.

Thanx heaps everyone for the well wishes.

Hannah had blood tests and xrays before her surgery which were all clear.

Results from tonight are back and show nothing abnormal so vet has rulled out Addisons which is good although we still don't have any answers as to what's wrong.The only thing abnormal (well for Hannah anyway) is her heart rate is higher then it usually is. Her normal heartrate is about 80-90 and now it's about 140 (this is normal for a small dog)

She looks like she is still coming out of the anaesthetic, dopey, disorientated etc although she was fine when I brought her home and even was trying to play with her grandpups.

She is asleep in her crate beside me at home on a drip (and before you say anthing I'm a fully qualified and experienced vet nurse who has done a few years of night and after hours shifts) with strict instructions to call the vet if anything changes.

Thanx for the well wishes everyone

Hannah seems a little brighter this morning, she has responded to us calling her name and to the other dogs barking. Will take her out to the toilet and see how she walks.

I hate not knowing what's wrong.

Thanx heaps for the well wishes.

We don't know what happened but she's getting better. I removed her drip line about an hour ago as it had finished. She has eatten some can dog food( the barf patties were still frozen) and had a bowl of water. She is still weak on her legs but is able to walk unaided. She did try and play with the other dogs.

Was a very scary night but at least she is getting better.