How Did Your Pet Get Its Name?

crazyboutdogz

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs

Marie Claudette (SWF) - lesser known character from the Anne Rice Witches Series

Lestat - (Lab) main character of Anne Rices Vampire Series

Merrique - (X Breed) Anne Rice Vampire

Armand - (APBT) Anne Rice Vampire

Mistral - (Samoyed) Laurell K Hamilton Fae Warrior Character

Satu - (Malamute) just a name my OH liked, its Finnish, means fairytale

Alchemy - (Samoyed) another name we just liked, also a character in a story I wrote myself

Cats

Salem - black cat, sort of works itself out really

Charlemagne - I was doing a report on the french King, the name stuck

Seti - Egpytian King

Lucrecia, aka Lulu - just a name we liked, also a character in a story I wrote

Nightwish - favourite band

Vladimir - The origional count Dracula!

Ahti - finnish god/magician

Rats

Rasmus

Rammstein - both bands we like

The next names we want for girl Samoyeds are

Delain

Chimera - both bands

And for the dog my OH wants to get and show

Vikingr or Raider

Edited by Wolfsong

Chops (cat) - I "adopted" her (I bought an apartment and she was left there by the previous owner) when she was 7 and I think she'd had rough life, she would bite any chance she got when I first got her, hence Chops.

Charlie (cat) - I wanted a "Ch" name to go with Chops and he was such a happy little kitten that Charlie seemed to suit him.

With Saxon (poodle x maltese), I wanted another "Ch" name and did all sorts of searching through pet and baby name websites, checked the dictionary and asked everyone for suggestions, but couldn't find anything I liked. One night I was in bed nearly asleep and the name Saxon just popped into my head. Then I had a dream that he was called Saxon so that cemented it... I can't imagine him being called anything else so I think it was just meant to be his name :laugh:

Bert- pug- My family dog is a 12 year old pug named Ernie. When I moved out and got my own squashed face man, it seemed only appropriate he should be a Bert :laugh:

Sally- border collie- we named her before we got her, we were just walking along one day and I suggested Sally a nice name for a border collie. Quite a boring story really :laugh:

Edited by bertandsally

Guinea pig - Clyde named after my great uncle (deceased both the uncle and the guinea pig unfortunately.)

Rabbit - Peter terribly unoriginal but he was already named by a Grade 5 school class

Thumper, Peters son and thumped the ground all the time

Cats - Katie came named she was dumped by a neighbour when they moved.

Shadow because he chases shadows all the time.

Summer because we got her at the start of last summer and she is a blue cream with what looks like a sunrise on her forhead.

Dogs - Lady (rough collie) she was such a diginified lady like dog. We got her as a stray when she was nine years old. I miss her terribly.

Mokha (lab) Beautiful chocolate colored coat lab so my daughter wanted Mocha. I looked it up in the dictionary and it had the alternative

spelling of Mokha for a town in Yemin.

Molly (yellow lab) This was her shelter name and I had already decided my next girl would be Molly or Bonnie so we stuck with Molly. I love

the name Molly from a friends adorable daughter.

Mooshy the Pomeranian - I originally named my Pomeranian "Mischa", but when my brother first met her as a puppy, he said she looked so cute and "smooshy". So we'd called her Smooshy Mooshy, she's 4 years old now and "Mooshy" just stuck!

Willis the Mini Daschund - my brother had always wanted a sausage dog named Willis, so he could say "Whatchu talkin' bout Willis!" (Diff'rent Strokes)

DSC00806.jpg

Edited by ilana182

Jarrah (Staffy) - because he is the same colour as our Jarrah florboards

Haha, that's exactly why we renamed our Jarrah (kelpie) that too - you couldn't get much closer than this!

bob3.jpg

bob2.jpg

ETA - Ebony was called Ebony by her breeder, Jonty & Whisper I got to name both call name & registered name, & I chose them because I liked the names.

Edited by MrsD

My cattle dog Chloe, in her puppy years, had 'eyeliner' markings like Cleopatra... so when coming up with a name, Cleo was the obvious choice... however, she didn't look like a Cleo - so a few letters changed around and she became Chloe (which suited her to a T).

Sasha came with her name... I didn't have the heart to change it.

Yoshi - Mario Kart - its the player we all fight over LOL "Its a YOSHI!" hehe (Lab x poodle)

Willow - already named when we got him - it suits him as he is graceful like a willow tree :rofl: (Standard poodle)

Jarrah (Staffy) - because he is the same colour as our Jarrah florboards

Haha, that's exactly why we renamed our Jarrah (kelpie) that too - you couldn't get much closer than this!

bob3.jpg

bob2.jpg

ETA - Ebony was called Ebony by her breeder, Jonty & Whisper I got to name both call name & registered name, & I chose them because I liked the names.

What a stunning looking Kelpie :o

Enya (Rotty) - named after the musician Enya :)

Molly (Border Collie ) - no reason, it was just the name that OH wanted and her breeder was happy to call her whatever we wanted. Her pedigree name is Woolly's Molly 3rd and I can't decide if it's a regal name or a silly name :(

Feonix (Rotty) - just loved the name Pheonix, but it was an F litter and a girl so I changed the spelling to Feonix, but she gets called Fi Fi (great name for a Rottweiler! :laugh: )

Radar (Rotty) - well, we had originally planned to keep Radar's brother who we went ahead and had microchipped with the "F" name we had planned to keep for our boy. By the time we changed our mind and decided to keep Radar instead we were stuck with the fact that he had a different pedigree name, which OH didn't like, so we had to pick another name for him, and Radar is the only name I could get OH to agree on :o

Neo (Rotty) - from The Matrix :laugh: He is the chosen one :rofl:

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by Allerzeit

Mooshy the Pomeranian - I originally named my Pomeranian "Mischa", but when my brother first met her as a puppy, he said she looked so cute and "smooshy". So we'd called her Smooshy Mooshy, she's 4 years old now and "Mooshy" just stuck!

Willis the Mini Daschund - my brother had always wanted a sausage dog named Willis, so he could say "Whatchu talkin' bout Willis!" (Diff'rent Strokes)

DSC00806.jpg

OT - i just made a few puchases for pablo from your store :o

I got Darcy's name from a baby name website :o

For some reason I knew I wanted his name to start with D. So I did some browsing on the internet and came across 'Darcy', which I thought would be a very fitting name. I thought it sounded good, I liked the meaning, and it didn't take long to catch on. It suits him. It also reminds me of 'Mr. Darcy', which is now his nickname :(

Wallace -after William Wallace (braveheart)

Ailsa - an island off the coast in Scotland called Ailsa Craig

Moraig -my best friend is called Sara but we call her Sez anyway I wanted to call the pup Sara but she had a bit of a freak about that, so Moraig is Scottish Gaelic for Sara.