Just Got Email From Puppy Farmer

ilana182

I run a small online pet boutique, which is listed on a "local listings" type website. Even though I don't even have an actual store (I work from home and just sell toys etc online). I often get phone calls on my mobile from kids asking me if I have any puppies for sale, which is annoying in itself, but I just received the following email from some lady:

Hi,

A customer has found your business on TrueLocal and left you a message.

i have puppies for sale. 2 maltese x shiztu m&f ..1 gold color male silky x shiztue this lot are 8 weeksold ALSO 2m and 1f silky x shiztue 7weeks. wrmd and flead. i also supply another pet shop on the s/shine coast. my pups are of good quality , xxxxx

Their contact details:

Name: xxx

Phone: xxx

Email: xxx

I wrote back simply:

I DO NOT SUPPORT PUPPY FARMS

I'm just so furious that someone is going around and just emailing any old business that's listed under "Pets" and trying to pimp their poor puppies. Did I do the right thing but emailing back?

I would have also attached information to explain WHY you (and others) do not support puppy farmers... might not have done much, but you just never know when you might strike that chord and educate someone :rofl:

ETA - we can only try anyway...

But good on you for calling a spade a spade and being blunt.

Edited by Kelly_Louise

Do you have anything on your listing that people could be confusing for selling animals??

No, they just have a "Pets" category, and they just list any and every business that has anything to do with pets. I think I might ask to get the "free" listing removed.

Now you have their email send them everything you can find related to puppy farm raids, cases, why they should not be supported etc. They will very quickly wish they had contacted you! Oh and you may also educate them in the process - well probably not but why not !

The first one to send them would be Leo's Story I think.

Do you have anything on your listing that people could be confusing for selling animals??

They probably just shoot an email to anyone listed as "pet services" or the like. When I had the grooming shop we often got puppy farmers wanting to put up notices in our window. My partner used to put them up & I used to take them down & tear them to shreds :hug:

I want to know what one of these looks like... shiztue

Maybe a little like the one I saw advertised once - a SHIATSU (SWF that also gives you a massage) :rofl:

Now you have their email send them everything you can find related to puppy farm raids, cases, why they should not be supported etc. They will very quickly wish they had contacted you! Oh and you may also educate them in the process - well probably not but why not !

The first one to send them would be Leo's Story I think.

:) Totally brilliant idea. ;)

Don't think there were enough puppies to be a puppy farm. Back yard cross breeder, I think.

and I would never buy from someone who couldn't spell the name of what they were breeding!! Or thought "flead" was a word --- or was breeding silky x shih tzu, what a horrible cross.

What could they be thinking of?

Nothing :(