Puppies Dumped In Bin

Sam the man

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story...ix-puppies-die/ :thumbsup::laugh::mad:(

I wonder how a 5 year ban can be policed when there are animals being sold in the papers, pet shops and not always through registered breeders? Getting the dog desexed would have been a better financial proposition compared to the fine and also saved some poor defenceless puppies from a cruel death.

I'm so sick of pathetic excuses like this. SHe had any number of options (including not letting the dog have pups in the first place) but chose to do something extremely cruel. Putting them in a freezer bag and chucking them into a hot charity bin!!! What did she think would be the result of that?

The woman has either no brains or no compassion (or both) and probably shouldn't be allowed around children let alone allowed to keep the adult dog. And yes, why didnt they make sure she desexed her dog??? Ridiculous.

I can't believe one of the comments writers who defended her...bloody hell......I'm sure if she was asked you can bet money she drinks, smokes and has Foxtel (and yes I am making huge assumptions based on the photo) - far more important than being able to feed and care for living creatures.....

I can't believe one of the comments writers who defended her...bloody hell......I'm sure if she was asked you can bet money she drinks, smokes and has Foxtel (and yes I am making huge assumptions based on the photo) - far more important than being able to feed and care for living creatures.....

Defended her? I don't see anyone doing so. Such acts cannot be defended. Prevention is better than cure. It would have been much better if a person in these circumstances either didn't have a dog or had a dog that couldn't have pups. Unfortunately, a lot of people have little control of their lives, and I think this is getting worse as the generations move on. I'd rather not end out paying taxes to cover the costs of keeping the out-of-control folks in prison and pay for much cheaper remedies that make it easy for them to do the right thing.

Comment that annoyed me "maybe instead of sensationalising this we should look more to the reasons this woman came to this action. obviously there are not enough options for people who find themselves in financial difficulties as the pets are usually the first to suffer.

the article clearly states this woman was turned away from a vet clinic and with the fees incurred from the surrender of a animal to local council it's no wonder they ended up in a bin. "

comments at the bottom of the article - not on DOL......

I'm so sick of pathetic excuses like this. SHe had any number of options (including not letting the dog have pups in the first place) but chose to do something extremely cruel. Putting them in a freezer bag and chucking them into a hot charity bin!!! What did she think would be the result of that?

The woman has either no brains or no compassion (or both) and probably shouldn't be allowed around children let alone allowed to keep the adult dog. And yes, why didnt they make sure she desexed her dog??? Ridiculous.

EDIT: Ahh you know what, I prob better not comment.

Suffice to say, what a horrible person :(

Also should add, this was the front page of the paper today, but there was also a really great article about a boy who wouldn't give up looking for his beloved dog and eventually FOUND him in Brisbane after getting a train ticket and going to find him! Then the RSPCA (hmph) sponsored Dogtainers to get him back to Rockhampton. :mad

Edited by FranCQ

This comment from one of her friends

I am sure the 2-3 days that they spent in her home that they were well cared for :( To me she is a poor sorry case for a human being, if she felt "bad" she would have had a change of heart and went back to the bin to get them out. $200 may be a lot of money but she should have thought about that before the dog got pregnant AGAIN :mad

Disgraceful

10 March 2010 3:59 p.m. | Suggest removal » | Post reply »

To all the people commenting on this. As a friend of Natasha's let me make sure you realize that Newspapers only write what they want you to read. Not the full story.

I hate people who are cruel to animals. Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.... BUT....

Natasha is a great person. I will start by saying that. Instead of getting on your highhorses, read the following. You're all full of assumptions, but some of the things written are either missing details, or are plain wrong.

1. She pleaded guilty because she knew she had done the wrong thing. Have any of you made mistakes in your lives? Or are you all perfect?

2. The pups were cared for, then she realized she couldnt look after them. VETS TURNED HER AWAY because she couldnt afford to get them put down. $200 is a lot of money, when you don't have it.... (the gold chain, a gift.... or are you all selfish and dont know what that is???? Say so.)

3. How about the guy who didnt make the papers??? He had a trial the same day, 10 counts of neglect. 10 pups stuck in a cage, full of a layer poo and wee with no food or water. He got a similar sentance, yet, he's nowhere to be seen in the newspaper. Funny that, seems like the system, including the paper's picking on the female not the males. To me, those pups suffered a lot worse than Natasha's pups.....

4. The bitch of the pups never suffered. Nor was she a novelty. She has always been treated like one of the family the whole time, cared for like any dog.

5. The clothes bin: The pups were in a fabric shopping bag, lined with a blanket, and left on top of the pile, flowing out of the bin. They were there for little under an hour....

Finally, for all those sitting high and mighty, who can find $2500+ at the drop of a hat. Nice. You can sit there and say all of these nasty things, but sit and think about if your bank account was nill or close to it, had a baby, one small income, a rental home and a bomb of a car.........................................................

............... If I came and slapped you a $2500 fine for something you had done wrong....

Would you learn your lesson?

If you can be a cold hearted phycopath and kill puppies.... then you can be a cold hearted phycopath and kill a baby.

In addition to all that she got (which wasnt very bloody much) she should also be declared and unfit mother and have her child/en taken from her. No matter how desperate your situation is NOTHING is justification for what that woman did. NOTHING. Hell If the vet woudlnt have taken them and she was that desperate she should have just left them at the vets. they cant force her to take them with her. They cant run out to her car and put the pups back in the window or something.

At the worst they would have been PTS humanely instead of suffering the horrible cruel trauma they did. OR Take them to the Pound/RSPCA they obviously cant be too far away if she has had run ins with them before.

Dreadful.. Horrible... Sick... Woman. Shoudlnt be allowed to keep a houseplant.

Edit: Just read the defensive comment from the friend. So What. A small income, a Baby, a Bomb of a car etc etc... Does not give you the right to be a cruel person. I coudlnt find $2500 Right now this minute if my life depended on it. And im sure alot of other people coudlnt either. She didnt learn her 'lesson' from when the dog had pups last time. If she had called the RSPCA or a Shelter with her 'desperate' situation someone would have helped. Not just try the vets and give up and toss them out. If a dog can die within Minutes in a hot car.... a little under an hour in a big still bin is just as bad. Doesnt matter what kind of 'bag' they where in. As it was they werent found in time to save them all.

I reinterate - Shoudlnt be allowed to keep a houseplant.

Edited by Maxiewolf

This comment from one of her friends

1. She pleaded guilty because she knew she had done the wrong thing. Have any of you made mistakes in your lives? Or are you all perfect?

2. The pups were cared for, then she realized she couldnt look after them. VETS TURNED HER AWAY because she couldnt afford to get them put down. $200 is a lot of money, when you don't have it.... (the gold chain, a gift.... or are you all selfish and dont know what that is???? Say so.)

3. How about the guy who didnt make the papers??? He had a trial the same day, 10 counts of neglect. 10 pups stuck in a cage, full of a layer poo and wee with no food or water. He got a similar sentance, yet, he's nowhere to be seen in the newspaper. Funny that, seems like the system, including the paper's picking on the female not the males. To me, those pups suffered a lot worse than Natasha's pups.....

Would you learn your lesson?

Thanks for filling out the story.

Wondering . . . if someone had offered a deep discount on the cost of getting her girl speyed, do you think it would have avoided the problem altogether? (I know that was a biased question . . . I've go an axe to grind).

Edited by sandgrubber

No I don't think she would have personally as she obviously has had other litters and people like that tend to use whatever spare money they have on what they consider "necessary" for themselves rather than their pets.

That may sound harsh but it is an all too common scenario for many people that hold no value of life, except their own

5. The clothes bin: The pups were in a fabric shopping bag, lined with a blanket, and left on top of the pile, flowing out of the bin. They were there for little under an hour....

Ummm... is that supposed to make us feel better about the whole incident? That at least they died in comfort?

They still died... which means they suffered... so putting them in a Lifeline bin was a stupid thing to do... what did she THINK was going to happen?

Surely she knew she was having a baby for quite a while... and she knew the dogs was having pups... so the money excuse doesn't come into it. She's aware 'apparently' from previous incidents that litters cost money :thumbsup: really??

I'm sorry... but even in desperation, there is no excuse for that.

And no, I don't think a fine will stop her. Someone stupid enough to dump pups in a bin doesn't learn from a fine.

Edited by Kelly_Louise

Just read the friends justifications. Still not seeing anything that excuses her allowing her dog to get pregnant AGAIN and then not having the guts to deal with the situation humanely and maturely. 'Oh, this is a nuisance, I'll just dump them in a charity bin' doesn't cut it no matter which way you spin it.

Apart from anything else, why a charity bin? Don't you think they are sick and tired of people using their bins like this? Why should they be put in a situation where they go to empty a donation bin only to be confronted with several tiny dead puppies in a bag.

Nice of the friend to try but really, instead of defending her, the friend would do better to spend her energy giving this woman a wake up call and telling her to start acting like an adult. That's what a real friend would do.

sandgrubber - nope - my guess is she and the b/f would have blown the dough on a night at the pub or an x-box....

Pretty bloody grim. I have a sister who's a bit like that. Hard to know what to do. Condemnation doesn't help. Rescue doesn't help. Sigh.

Jesus. Poor babies. :thumbsup:

Why couldn't they have speyed the bitch as part of the charges? I'm sure as anything a $2500 fine isn't going to kick start her into going to spend money at the vets for a desex..

So this woman has just had a baby.. of course we all KNOW that babies cost way less than litters so this was completely justified. -SARCASM-

Pathetic trash and rediculous excuse for a human being.

ETA: changed having baby from future tense to present tense.

Edited by alexhegyesi