When To Stop Furminating?

luffy4688

What is the difference between Mars Coat King and a Furminator? Are they two competing brands of the same thing?

No they are different. I tried a Furminator on my Cavaliers and wasn't happy with it at all. The Coat King suits much better :laugh:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

google pictures on both and u wuill see the difference - the furminator is like a very sharp and VERY fine comb and the coat king is like a rake but with hooks on the end... hrmm im not good at this lol look at pictures, they are both fantastis :laugh: being a groomer i use both and as u mentioned Gretel they are both useful for different coat types - i found that dogs like labs shepherds and beagles corgies etc were great with the furminator whereas the coat king is good for longer style coats like leos, cavies, goldens, border collies etc... making sence?? i have probably made it worse lol i suck at explaining and to think im a teacher HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am thinking of getting a furminator for my Samoyed, Simba.

Would it really make grooming him that much easier?

XXToughgirlXX

I think you would be better off with a Mars Coat King rather than a Furminator. The teeth are too close together on a Furminator.

Check with Clipperworld, they will help you. :laugh:

I am thinking of getting a furminator for my Samoyed, Simba.

Would it really make grooming him that much easier?

XXToughgirlXX

I think you would be better off with a Mars Coat King rather than a Furminator. The teeth are too close together on a Furminator.

Check with Clipperworld, they will help you. :o

+1!! agree Clipperworld will tell u which coat king to get but a furminator is nooo good on a sayoyed coat so save ur money :rofl:

So i have a furminator and love it for my GSD and kitty kats (though recently they have started to run away when they see it - lol) but have used the Coat King as i volunteer at a local shelter when we run a fundraising hydrobath and they've got a Coat King there (and now a furminator too because i bring mine, hehe). Every customer with a GSD that i've shown the Furminator to has bought one and swears by them. Amazing on GSD, Husky, Goldies, Rotties etc - basically any dog with an undercoat. It actually works wonderfully on my foster Greyhound Vader - he LOVES his furminatorr massages.

Longer hair go a coat king - for dogs like Samoyd, BC, Goldie etc, the main place where they differ in terms of the results is that the furminator doesnt cut the fur, but the coat king does. And if you're dealing with a fluff-ball dog it's probably the way to go. But I'd recommend you try them both for yourself to decide.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to drag this thread back up but I have just purchased a Furminator off Ebay for my GSD. I am just not sure how much to use it though as its pretty cold here atm and I dont want her to freeze with no undercoat. I just want to remove any dead or shedding hair. I managed to get a plastic shopping bag half full (compacted) so I think I will stop there in case I go too far. She absolutey loved it and was sooking for more.

I have 2 Labs and 2 Ragdolls and I don't know what I did before the Furminator. Also got mine of Ebay, it's awesome.
I use the furminator on my GSD and Ragdoll cat and loooove it! I use it in conjunction with a comb.

Do you get a separate one for the cats, or does the one do both?

If only the one, which size is best?

Hmmm... I have a huge fur problem for approx 6 months a year when I cat-sit my parent's two part chinchilla fluffy cats. I brush them with a regular brush most every day but still feel like we live in a snowfall of fur. Sometimes when one of them walks through the sunlight, I can actually see a trail of fluff floating in the air behind them. I wonder if one of these brushes would be suitable for them? They aren't particularly long haired, just fluffy but with really dense fur.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got around to getting one of these on the weekend, and after just 5 mins per cat I got half a bag of fur! Amazing! My two cats don't shed much but the two I cat sit shed so much I get furballs lol! They aren't long haired but they are fluffy and the fur is very dense. I'm just starting off with short bursts so I don't overwhelm them but am looking foward to getting the rest of that fur out!

furminator.jpg

furminatora.jpg

How often do you use it atm ie. winter?
I use the furminator on my GSD and Ragdoll cat and loooove it! I use it in conjunction with a comb.

They get combing and brushing every few days and I use the Furminator maybe 2-3 times a month. Basically weekly.

Edited by Sky_Mel

I use one on my British. I attack it for as long as he will tolerate - which is WWAAYY longer than any other thing I have used. I personally wouldn't care if I created bald spots on him as he has so much damn hair. I have never come near it yet! Just bags and bags of fur. I live on a farm and furminate outside and then let it blow inot the paddocks and trees so the birdies can use it to line their nests

Zero's furminator is sitting in the grooming box - it hasn't been touched for over a year! It gives him horrible static and I find that it doesn't do as good a job as a good comb.

A friend of mine gave her cat a bald spot with the furminator and then when she got a coat king, she did exactly the same thing with it!