Do You Take Your Dogs On Holidays With You?

Pepi

We always take Pepi with us wherever we go and where he cant go, we simply dont go. It's not a holiday without him. Hotels are a no no as they never have allowed us to have Pepi with us but most holiday home owners are more than happy to accomodate for him with the exception of a few.

How many of you take your babies with you on holidays?

I take Edward with me. He sleeps the whole way - seriously I have to wake him up when we stop. Mostly we go visit family in Canberra but we've been to dog friendly caravan parks across the country. I'd love to rent a holiday house somewhere down the coast that welcomes dogs. Edward's never seen the ocean :laugh: Friends have just come back from Mystery Bay where they had a great time, dogs and kids, in a holiday house.

Sometimes yes, but last time we went away no, we went for a month in a ute, it was over 40 degrees and went to a lot of National Parks where you cannot have dogs, it just would not have been practical. Will I go on other holidays without them?? Sure, it makes me appreciate them so much more when I get back :o

If I can't take my lot like you I simply dont go! It is suprising how many dog friendly accomodations there are around. It isnt always easy to get somewhere that allows 4 dogs but we have managed so far, even staying in a one room motel room in the middle of a concrete jungle, with a patch of grass for toileting. :o it was an interesting stay for sure!! I frequently visit my mum, she lives 8 hours from me in fact I just came home from her place on Wednesday. The dogs were brilliant in the car sleeping the whole way with only one pit stop on the way home. I would not enjoy a holiday without them, they are my family, I think I would worry about them to much to enjoy a holiday if I left them behind.

Mine come on holiday too, unless it's over seas and then one of the family are usually home to babysit anyway. My family all know that if I'm coming to visit that means the dogs are coming too and thats how it's always been. :o People would think there was something wrong if the dogs weren't with me.

We don't have holidays but we do have sleep overs at friends does that count? They come with me when I go I would not leave them at home to their own devices even for one night. Our next sleepover will be the Easter weekend.

Wots a holiday?

:o Same here. It's been a few years since we had any sort of break but have had one week a year in a dog friendly holiday house up the coast before that.

It was lovely and the dogs loved being able to play at the beach...which is not something that happens in our part of Sydney.

The only problem we did have was with our Kelpie X, who insists on biting at the waves on the beach and ends up swallowing a lot of salt water....with the inevitable result....'squirties' from both ends. :rofl::rofl: