Furious At Sil

HugUrPup

My SIL phoned me up from a pet shop over a year ago, wanted to buy some boxer X pup and I told her to hold off and come over for a cuppa before deciding.

I then taught her about puppy mills etc and why puppy shops are bad to buy from, and why cross breeds are bad to buy (unless you are getting a rescue of course) and finally I helped her decide on a breed (after hours and hours) and then before Christmas that year, I managed to find her a beautiful pure bred Golden retriever pup from a reputable breeder :rolleyes:

He's doing great and grown into a stunning playful, intelligent boy who is adored by SIL and my niece.. here is where it goes to crap though ;)

Yesterday she was over for dinner and I asked how Bazzel is and she mentioned having to pay extra for his registration because he isn't desexxed. I asked her why he is still intact. She said she wants to stud him out, and I said that she will need a breeder prefix and register as a breeder if she gets her own bitch, or if she is just having him as a stud she needs to contact other reputable Golden retriever breeders, to make sure the bloodlines are the right match etc

She said, when it comes time to breeding she will let me know so I can help her with it all.

So an hour or so later she is showing me photos on her phone of her neighbors PB bitch and she says.. this is Bazzels girlfriend. :( I was like.. what do you mean girlfriend? Is she speyed?

She then gave me this really guilty look and said.. I know both dogs well and they will make such cute puppies :mad :mad :mad

:o Do people ever learn????

I told her that no-one goes looking for Golden retriever X pitbull pups and if they sell, the buyers won't know the temperament because the two breeds are so different, they will not know the size of the dog, the coat texture the look of the dog or anything and this is why so many cross breeds in up in the pound!!!!

Edited by puggerup

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay-sus. What a combo.

Maybe casually mention how much trouble they could get into if they advertise APBTx puppies. And how much trouble her neighbours could be in for having an undesexed APBT. Or an APBT full stop.

Or maybe a swift kick in the back of the knees would better convey your thoughts on the matter.

It is illegal to breed or own an entire pit bull in victoria. Tell her that if she wants to be involved in it when the rangers swoop to go ahead.

How idiotic. The two breeds are miles apart and frankly I dont see what situation the pups would be good for at all. If in doubt call her breeder who sold her the pup (if mating happens) and let them give her an earful as well.

I hate people that just see dollar signs when it comes to breeding animals

A girl I used to know, she was a total drop kick in my mind, but this topped it off

She wanted a Great Dane, but couldnt afford the $1000 price tag, anyway she heard about a litter, went to take a look and fell in love with a girl, but as I said, she couldnt afford the price tag

Well anyway a couple of weeks later she gets a call from the breeder, the girl isnt suitable to show for some reason (cant remember what it was) and they were willing to sell her the pup for $600 instead

So of course she saw the dollar signs, and figured she can get the pup discounted, and breed her and sell the pups for $1000 a piece...never mind the fact that because she wasnt suitable to show it would also mean she shouldnt be bred...stupid girl, I never did find out if she got the pup

urgh Goldengirl some people have no idea :o

This PB was just returned to the owners after being seized for attacking a small dog. She wasn't registered when she was taken, so when I got the phone call a few weeks ago from SIL in tears, I said to tell her neigbour to say she is an Amstaff not a PB, which is what she is registered as now.

I am really stunned that they returned her entire :rolleyes:

actually I am suprised they returned her at all.. I have no idea what she said to get her back.

Edited by puggerup

actually I am suprised they returned her at all.

:rolleyes: and lord knows what she will be like when her protective maternal side appears !!

Oh- better mention to you SIL that her dog will now possibly want to be in on the action if neighbourhood bitches are in season , and he smells them !

If I can persuade her to join DOL to learn, can everyone promise to not scare her away? I want her to learn and to hopefully talk her neighbor into desexxing her bitch and to just gain knowledge YK? I think she needs to hear it from more than just one person.

I think anyone who did join this forum with those ideas would soon change their minds as soon as they started reading about BYB and oodles, if they dont change their views they would be smart to keep their mouths shut lol

exactly.. ok I will talk her into joining :rolleyes:

How very scary. Perhaps you could tell them they should not breed with a d.a. dog as the genes are passed on down the line and they are likely to get some pups returned to them if and when they show aggressive traits, never mind the damage they would do in the meantime.

I'd report the undesexed Pitbull to the council to start with and see if they can fix that side of it.

dogmad, I want to be able to see my niece again :rolleyes: I was hoping to somehow persuade SIL into not only desexxing Bazzel but also getting her neighbour to desex her PB...and properly contain her and put her on a fecking lead when walking her :o (I have never met this woman, but I gather she wears her brain up her bum).

This is what really scares me about byb's. People purchasing have no idea of either parents temperaments. What if they sell the puppies to people with young children? Totally irresponsible. I can't believe people would want that on their conscience.

This is what really scares me about byb's. People purchasing have no idea of either parents temperaments. What if they sell the puppies to people with young children? Totally irresponsible. I can't believe people would want that on their conscience.

That sadder part of this story is that SIL has a wonderful pure bred Golden Retriever with papers.. what a waste to put him with another breed :rolleyes: