Furious At Sil

HugUrPup

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate people that just see dollar signs when it comes to breeding animals

A girl I used to know, she was a total drop kick in my mind, but this topped it off

She wanted a Great Dane, but couldnt afford the $1000 price tag, anyway she heard about a litter, went to take a look and fell in love with a girl, but as I said, she couldnt afford the price tag

Well anyway a couple of weeks later she gets a call from the breeder, the girl isnt suitable to show for some reason (cant remember what it was) and they were willing to sell her the pup for $600 instead

So of course she saw the dollar signs, and figured she can get the pup discounted, and breed her and sell the pups for $1000 a piece...never mind the fact that because she wasnt suitable to show it would also mean she shouldnt be bred...stupid girl, I never did find out if she got the pup

Gosh. What's wrong with the breeder? If this person who went to have a look and couldn't afford the price tag SHOULDN'T sold a pup anyway. It's not t just the purchase price, it's the ongoing costs of owning the dog. As we all know if we do it properly, it's not cheap. What happens if there are unforseen situations? No one can forsee what happens in the future. The more I think about it, I blame this breeder more and more. Probably sees the $ signs as well!!!!!

The SIL needs to be a member of VicDogs for them to do anything. Did she join and transfer the Goldie.

You might also like to point out that if the council do decide that the bitch is a PB and seize her that the pups are likely to be killed. That might give her a good fright.

I thought she would get destroyed a few weeks ago when I got the call which is why I said for her to claim she is an Amstaff.. if there is a litter born from her or a dog or person attacked, I am going to feel so responsible for that.

And if she is as irresponsible an owner as the picture you have painted and the dog does attack again, then that attack will be attributed incorrectly to an AMSTAFF, which is another nail in our coffin for being added to the BSL list, and in the state that is most actively trying to add AmStaffs to the restricted list :love::eek:

EFS

Edited by zayda_asher

I thought she would get destroyed a few weeks ago when I got the call which is why I said for her to claim she is an Amstaff.. if there is a litter born from her or a dog or person attacked, I am going to feel so responsible for that.

And if she is as irresponsible an owner as the picture you have painted and the dog does attack again, then that attack will be attributed incorrectly to an AMSTAFF, which is another nail in our coffin for being added to the BSL list, and in the state that is most actively trying to add AmStaffs to the restricted list :love::eek:

EFS

Yeh I know, I wish I had of known the full situation when I got the phone call :( arghhh

The SIL needs to be a member of VicDogs for them to do anything. Did she join and transfer the Goldie.

You might also like to point out that if the council do decide that the bitch is a PB and seize her that the pups are likely to be killed. That might give her a good fright.

Not sure if she joined, but they gave her all the paper work etc.. who knows after that.

The PB isn't pregnant yet as far as I know.. she just said they are an item and would make cute pups and neither are desexed.

When a girl I knew wanted to breed her dog with a different breed (she has a poodle x and was going to breed it with a spaniel x) i found the ugliest photo I could of what the puppy could look like. It turned her off breeding her dog right away. :eek:

I told her with hideous puppies like that, she'll never be able to sell them and won't make any money (her main draw card was cute puppies and money). Then she'll end up with like 6 dogs who would probably have genetic issues who she would have to pay to have desexed because they will breed together and she'll end up with a bunch of inbred, sick dogs who will cost her an insane amount of $$.

Not the best education in the world but she's not the kind of person who will listen to the "intelligent" facts - she ended up having her poodle x desexed because of it :love:

Ask her what sort of pups will be the result of breeding a tolerant but very mouthy breed with high bite inhibiton to a breed that has low tolerance to other dogs and that's got extremely powerful jaws.

At worst, those pups could have very low triggers to bite AND very powerful bites AND be very reactive to other dogs... just bloody wonderful. :love:

People who crossbreed dogs willy nilly really have no bloody idea what they're playing with when they mix breeds selectively bred for very different characteristics.

Mixing a gundog with a terrier sees two completely different temperaments, bite thresholds and bite inhibitions mixed with completely unknown results. :eek:

Gosh this makes me so mad I'm sorry but I can't help it. I would be contacting the breeder of the Golden Retriever and let them know what your SIL is thinking of doing. I know they can't technicallly do anything about it, but it is ridiculous what is the matter with your SIL. Cross breeding with a pitbull. This is the breed that I absolutely adore and respect and it breaks my heart that two stupid morons think oh they are going to have beautiful puppies. Take them for a look down at the local shelters/pounds and see how many dogs are there on death row. :rofl: :D :eek: ;)

WOW..

What a predicamint your in... Your SIL needs to be shot... So does the APBT owner. I would suggest that some one secretly drop all the legal requirement brochures into the APBT letter box so they know what they have to do... The local council needs to be notified aswell. The breeder your SIL dog should be told. Im sure they would want to know...

If all else fails, kidnap your SIL dog, pretend he has run away and get him desexed them WHALAH he found his way home ball less..... :rofl:

Hope it all works out for the best :D

If all else fails, kidnap your SIL dog, pretend he has run away and get him desexed them WHALAH he found his way home ball less..... :rofl:

I like that idea! :eek:

I don't really have anything to contribute, sounds like a horrible position to be in. I hope it has a happy ending :D

So many points to bring up with her. My daughter has a birthday party on the 6th of April so hopefully either I see SIL before then or she keeps the dogs separate.. that's highly unlikely though.

I'm not sure about contacting the breeders either.. there's nothing they can do really and it will just upset them.

Edited by puggerup

I hate people that just see dollar signs when it comes to breeding animals

A girl I used to know, she was a total drop kick in my mind, but this topped it off

She wanted a Great Dane, but couldnt afford the $1000 price tag, anyway she heard about a litter, went to take a look and fell in love with a girl, but as I said, she couldnt afford the price tag

Well anyway a couple of weeks later she gets a call from the breeder, the girl isnt suitable to show for some reason (cant remember what it was) and they were willing to sell her the pup for $600 instead

So of course she saw the dollar signs, and figured she can get the pup discounted, and breed her and sell the pups for $1000 a piece...never mind the fact that because she wasnt suitable to show it would also mean she shouldnt be bred...stupid girl, I never did find out if she got the pup

Gosh. What's wrong with the breeder? If this person who went to have a look and couldn't afford the price tag SHOULDN'T sold a pup anyway. It's not t just the purchase price, it's the ongoing costs of owning the dog. As we all know if we do it properly, it's not cheap. What happens if there are unforseen situations? No one can forsee what happens in the future. The more I think about it, I blame this breeder more and more. Probably sees the $ signs as well!!!!!

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest