Check It Out!

mutt lover

I turned up at the primary school to pick up my kids with my pom in the kids' old baby snuggly... now THAT earned me some incedulous looks!!

Got to say, little Pom LOVED being so close to me and being up so high (lol I am all of five foot) was HUGELY appreciated by his shortness!

I'd like to find a pram large and stable enough for my Labrador one day. She's an amputee now and at 13yrs old, she can still go for a short walk, but gets really tired after about 500m (she only had the surgery 5wks ago)...

I know someone who bought a doggy pram for her Chow Chow. It looked a little bit like one of those bike carriages people put their children in but was actually a doggy pram. I think it was fairly expensive though, but worth every cent I'm sure.

Oh, that is just gorgeous.

I am nearly at the point of needing one also. My old girl can make it to the end of the road but thats about it. Sometimes it is all too much and she just has to stop and won't get up again.

Not sure whether they make prams big enough for Rottweilers though :noidea:

When Zero is getting on in life and can't go for his normal walks, this is what I'll be doing with him!

Bugger what the neighbours think - if your dog enjoys it and it's not hurting anyone then let them think what they want! :noidea:

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Well looks like I'll be looking for another chariot for 'My Lady' took her out in pram after work tonight and a wheel broke off, perhaps prams are not meant to be wheeled on rough gravel roads or on grass! Off to op shops tomorrow to find another 1 preferably one with bigger wheels might be better I gotta take her to paws walk but won't be able to if I can't find pram may be able to wire wheel up to where it was joined will try that and see what happens.

I have sold people doggie prams before for the same reason. There are a couple of guys that live near us that have wagons attached to the back of their bikes too, one is for a cav the other for an ACD. It is lovely to keep them involved in something they love doing with you.

Yep, done the pram thing! also am getting a wagon for the bike for one of my dogs who has HD. The other dog runs for miles by the bike, this way I can take them both :)

What a wonderful person you are. 'My Lady' sure looks good for her age and what a gorgeous girl she is.

Have you thought about looking on ebay or in the local paper? There are so many prams there and you might be able to pick one up really cheaply.

There are loads of the 3 wheel jogger prams which might be better for rough terrain. :mad

Good luck on the hunt for a new carriage for 'My Lady' :) .

I bought a dog pram recently for my old staffy girl. She fits but not much room for other crud in there (the snacks and water and toys go in the tray underneath). She is terribly embarrassed about it all but it means she can be with us and the other dogs for longer outings. I was going to buy a second hand baby pram but the dog pram was lighter to manouvre and the sides are enclosed so she can't jump out and hurt herself. My friends think it is hilarious but some times you just have to let the other kids poke fun at you.....