One Of My Worst Nightmares Has Happened.

baifra

Baifra, it was not your fault. It is not analogous but I am only in my twenties and had not seen a good school mate for 2 weeks, both of us having recently graduated and started working. I got a call on a Monday morning to say that she was in a coma and that life support had to be turned off. I never got to say farewell to her when she was conscious, or tell her how much I appreciated her friendship and I lost one of my most compassionate inspiring friends. Her birthday is next month and it has weighed on my mind. Death happens in terrible and tragic ways that no one could ever comprehend. You must not blame yourself. Guilt stems from helplessness, regardless of whether one is present or not. You were by her side at her time of need, you relieved her of a great deal of discomfort than if she'd been alone, you gave her love and that made a difference.

I truly hope that you and your family will be okay sooner than later. :D

Edited by Ms Genki

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baifra, this is definitely not your fault. This could have happened at any time ... even if your parents had been home.

Not wanting to sound callous but your parents should never have left the snail baits on a shelf were there was some risk the box could have fallen. The snail baits should have been safely locked away in a dog proof cabinet – or even thrown away. All our snail baits were tossed once we got dogs, as the risk is just too high.

Very sorry for your families loss :D

What a tragic accident :D :( There is nothing that i can say to take away the guilt and the pain you are feeling, except that after I lost my angel Bindi, I was riddled with guilt, that everything was out of whack that fateful day. But I came to the conclusion that maybe no matter what we do, when they are called to the bridge, they have to go. :) .

I'm so very sorry, it is an awful accident to happen. Please don't blame yourself, sometimes things happen that cannot be forseen, no matter how hard we try.

She looks like a real darling who was very treasured on this earth, I'm glad she had such a wonderful and loving family.

:):) Baifra, I know lots of people will say this and Ill say it too, Im still beating myself up over an accident that took my most loved furbaby away from me 10 years ago now... It was an accident... a crazy chain of events that could not be undone, if just one of those events hadnt happened then quite likely Clyde woudl still be here... but they happened. And noone can control all events... You can drive yourself very insanely Ill by thinking coulda woulda shoulda.... An Accident Is an accident and your parents would know that, you where there for her in the end... and that is the most important thing. :(

RIP Phoebe :D

I am so so sorry to hear this. Please don't blame yourself. Accidents happen even when people take every precaution to ensure they don't. It's not your fault. She seems like a lovely girl, my condolences to you and your family.

*hugs*

Baifra, I'm so sorry to hear of your family's painful loss. I couldn't see through the tears to reply earlier, so I've returned now to reply. It brought back memories of a close call while we were away on our honeymoon, but we were luckier, I can't imagine how sad you must feel.

Please listen to everybody and don't blame yourself.

What a hugely sad sad thing to have happened, Biafra :banghead: :rolleyes: :confused: . You all must be just so devastated.

No point in telling you not to blame yourself: you will and you will go through all the "what ifs" a thousand times over. As dyzney says: it was just an awful accident. They happen and people are left shocked and bereft and wondering why. There aren't any answers really.

Sincerest condolences to you and your family.

:thumbsup: Phoebe.

So sorry Baifra, how horrible :D I know it won't make a difference but please don't feel responsible, it was just a horrible accident.

Snail pellets are sooo nasty, we dont have them anywhere on the property, inside/outside/locked up as this is my worst fear :p

Many posters will tell you that this is not your fault Baifa.

Listen to them.

This is a dreadful accident that could have happened on any day whether your parents were home or not. Many dogs seem to find snail bait highly palatable.

RIP Phoebe. :D

what a great post

Listen and know its not anyones fault.

These things happen for a reason. God knows why but they say it becomes clearer with age.

Hugs to you and the family at this special time

xoxox