Shedding

Alfie02

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question on which dog breed sheds more. Huski, Labrador or Golden Retriever?

Siberian Husky without a doubt. The other two wouldn't even be close to what a Sibe sheds.

Just a quick question on which dog breed sheds more. Huski, Labrador or Golden Retriever?

Siberian Husky without a doubt. The other two wouldn't even be close to what a Sibe sheds.

Yeah a friend of mine owns 9 dogs, a variety of breeds but the majority are husky and she recons they shed like nothing she has ever owned before. I must say my lab also sheds loads, I am forever vacuuming and sweeping up outside.

Yeah a friend of mine owns 9 dogs, a variety of breeds but the majority are husky and she recons they shed like nothing she has ever owned before. I must say my lab also sheds loads, I am forever vacuuming and sweeping up outside.

Daisy my beagle sheds heaps but it's nothing compared to Micha fur! OMG And it's ALL year round too.

I have an Australian Shepherd and an Anatolian x and they both shed constantly. Twice a year my Aussie blows her coat and it's pretty hectic.

I constantly have tumbleweeds in my house, I have to sweep/vaccuum every day, twice a day.

They both get brushed which helps but their hair is everywhere.

All my clothing is covered in hair, I have those sticky barrel hair remover things at home and in my car :thumbsup: And at work!

I think unless you get a Poodle, the hair will be something you have to deal with!

I have had a Labrador and a Doberman and Rottweiler, all three shed a lot of hair, also hubby had a German Shep that she too!

But the chinese Cresteds were pretty good! lol

Sorry butmy dogs do shed dander still ( skin cells) no dog at all is totally no shedding!

My BC x Kelpie sheds all year round. And he doesn't shed clumps of hair that are nice and easy to pick up. He leaves a trail of thousands of single hairs EVERYWHERE!

Some of his shed hairs even made it to Thailand. Went there on holiday and found some of his hair stuck to my clothes in my suitcase :thumbsup:

when we got Boo his breeder mentioned that we'd learn not to wear black....unfortunately we wear black almost exclusively and so we just deal with looking like hairballs :thumbsup: The tumble weeds of hair are noticeably larger now we are in a house with no carpet, I swept today and there were huge clumps of pet hair under the bed and in the corners, you'd think they'd be bald with the amount of hair I found!

Hardly anything from my bichon and poodle x - good thing too I'm very allergic to dog hair!

I can only live with dogs that aren't shedders. From what I know this is the curly ones like the bichon, poodle, bedlington, portugese water dog, lagotto, and possibly a few more like the schnauzer etc. and of course the hairless breeds.

So the only hair flying around this house comes from my daughters' heads - they both shed a surprising amount of hair!

Another who has a series of lab rugs throughout the house. He sheds every day, most of the day. I sometimes get a little upset/frustrated by the hair but getting used to it and just living with it. We love him way too much and would definitely get another lab because we love the breed so much, hairy buggers as they are.

I got my GR late last year and was in no way prepared for the incredible amount of shedding she did over summer!! :) :) :p

I would sweep morning, noon and night, and brush her furiouosly twice a day- and stil there was MORE!!!!! :D

It seemed forever until it slowed but now I find I only need to sweep our floors once a day. It does help that it clumps quite well.

I'm interested (yet nervous!!) to see her next big shed- she went from being an outdoor dog to an indoor one so I wonder if that will make much difference? :)

when we got Boo his breeder mentioned that we'd learn not to wear black....unfortunately we wear black almost exclusively and so we just deal with looking like hairballs :)

:) You sound exactly like me. What was I thinking about getting a white shedding machine?? :thumbsup:

I gave up caring pretty quickly though- most of it falls off by the time I get to work. :thumbsup:

I do find myself giggling at my friends after they give Honey a cuddle and spend the next 10 minutes trying to defluff themselves. :D

Guest belgian.blue

My Belgian Shepherd doesn't really shed, her coat holds on to all the loose stuff until you brush her. She has finally grown her adult coat, so we will see how this year goes.

I don't really notice the Pointer hair, though he still is a puppy ..

So, low shedders here :eat: