Calling All Photography Enthusiasts! It's Back!

Ashanali

I've been a bit slack this year. Last year I posted this thread a month before. This year it's only a few days away so apologies to those who already have plans for the weekend.

This year's Digital Life Expo/PMA event is being held in Melbourne. It's a must see for all photographic enthusiasts from hobbyist to professional. You can get hands on with all your favourite products, speak direct to suppliers, find new stuff that you would never have thought of and be overwhelmed by the awesomeness of the photographic/imaging world.

If you're interested in seeing images from some of Australia's (and the world's) leading photographers, you can stick your head in to the Aust Professional Photography Awards judging and see the judging as it happens (I'm judging! :cheer: I'm terrified. My first time.) and I know that myself, Rocco and another DOLer have prints that are entered in the awards also (all of ours will be judged on Friday afternoon/evening in the 'illustrative' category.)

The expo isn't open to the general public on Friday or Saturday morning but the print judging is. The Expo is open to the general public from lunchtime on Saturday and all day Sunday.

If you have any interest in photography, at any level, be sure to come along and check it out. (I think free registration is open still - follow the link below and save yourself $20 entry fee)

http://www.pmaaustralia.com.au/

and as an added bonus, the good food and wine show is on next door at the same time

http://www.goodfoodshow.com.au/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's being advertised on the radio, I was just listening and wondering if I should go along, looks like you've made up my mind for me.

I just registered but I dont have a printer, I've written down the barcode number but I dont know if that will be enough information to get me in for free. I've send an email asking them but does anyone here know?

S'ok, I've got a friend printing it for me.

Edited by Kirislin

Bec and kirislin- you'll love it! Check out at the pma site the speakers who will be there. Go and listen to all you can. You'll love it!

Linda- trade days are awesome. Less packed and the staff on the stands aren't frazzled and can take more time to talk :cheer:

I'm excited. This is my Christmas for me. Trip away, no kids, functions/parties/dinners each night, get to see lots of photography friends, watch (and judge) the awards and take away some awesome inspiration, AND I get to play with photography toys :cheer: :cheer:

if you see me around, come and say hello. I'll be the tall chick with the long blonde/caramel hair that's hanging around the awards judging. :cheer:

Bec and kirislin- you'll love it! Check out at the pma site the speakers who will be there. Go and listen to all you can. You'll love it!

Linda- trade days are awesome. Less packed and the staff on the stands aren't frazzled and can take more time to talk :cheer:

I'm excited. This is my Christmas for me. Trip away, no kids, functions/parties/dinners each night, get to see lots of photography friends, watch (and judge) the awards and take away some awesome inspiration, AND I get to play with photography toys :cheer: :cheer:

if you see me around, come and say hello. I'll be the tall chick with the long blonde/caramel hair that's hanging around the awards judging. :cheer:

I'll be the fat dumpy one looking bewildered and overwhelmed :cheer:

Would it be dumb to take our cameras with us. Mine is so fantastic, I think it has artificial intelligence, it might see something I miss :cheer:

Edited by Kirislin

I really should go but I don't know if I turn up if I would be able to actually speak to anyone there and would probably not learn much.

I wonder if osmosis would work just being in the building.

I really should go but I don't know if I turn up if I would be able to actually speak to anyone there and would probably not learn much.

I wonder if osmosis would work just being in the building.

That's why I thought I should bring my camera!!!!! :cheer: Go along, you can register for free.

Maybe we DOLer's should arrange to meet.

I have registered to go now I just have to go on the day.

Come on, Annie and I have met so we can vouch for each other being human and I think Annie and Bec have met as well. I've finished weekend work for now so I am fairly flexible as to when I go, so Yep Annie, I would love to meet up.

I wonder if they'll have Canon lenses on special. hmmmmmm Maybe I should jot down a couple of current prices and see if anything there can better it. I do love a bargain.

Edited by Kirislin

I have registered to go now I just have to go on the day.

Come on, Annie and I have met so we can vouch for each other being human and I think Annie and Bec have met as well. I've finished weekend work for now so I am fairly flexible as to when I go, so Yep Annie, I would love to meet up.

I wonder if they'll have Canon lenses on special. hmmmmmm Maybe I should jot down a couple of current prices and see if anything there can better it. I do love a bargain.

:cheer: just checked the "secret money supply" I have enough for my 100 macro!

Does Sunday suit? just that it is a huge effort for me to get into the city and don't want to be heading home on the frangers line in the dark on Saturday (if you know what i mean).

and as an added bonus, the good food and wine show is on next door at the same time

I didnt tell there would be refreshments so close. :cheer:

I will be there too so look out for a mad blonde rushing from room to room. :cheer:

I didnt tell there would be refreshments so close. :cheer:

I will be there too so look out for a mad blonde rushing from room to room. :cheer:

* Hears, "Anybody in the road gets knocked over" chanted in her head* :cheer:

geez looking through the "program" I reckon osmosis will be mandatory

"Educational Possibilities of the Gigapan Robotic Camera Mount and Related Software"

"Extending Depth of Field in Photomacrography Using Multi-Focused Image Fusion"

"Digital Infrared Photography: Recovering Tattoos from Mummified Remains"

geez looking through the "program" I reckon osmosis will be mandatory

"Educational Possibilities of the Gigapan Robotic Camera Mount and Related Software"

"Extending Depth of Field in Photomacrography Using Multi-Focused Image Fusion"

"Digital Infrared Photography: Recovering Tattoos from Mummified Remains"

Uh oh I can feel my eyes glazing over already. Yes Annie Sunday will suit me. What time do you want to meet and where of course, if there's a Canon stand that would seem the obvious place to me, unless of course we have some Nikon people as well, they might not want to be seen with us though.