Need A Home For A Pup

Kristina

I came across an ad and felt sorry for the dog. The woman sounds nuts. She babled on for ages in the ad about the dog, who is about 5mths old, a rotty x boxer, saying she's not bored, but destroys things, CAN"T be with kids as she's too bouncy. They can't keep her for what ever stupid reason. Saying she HAS to be walked on a harness and muzzled!!! :)

I want this dog out of that house asap, i'd take her but i have too many here so no room. She also said if not rehomed soon they'd take her to the pound, and if they do that and tell them all this crap i'm sure this pup won't have much of a chance of getting another home.

This woman is nuts!!!

If anyone can take her, even just to foster, please let me know ASAP!!

Thanks.

Here's a part of her email to me...

Lillie will have to have obediance training not puppy school. Puppy school is pointless for her, she will have these behaviours for a few years so puppy school wont help her a lot.

She has to be harnessed and muzzled when she is walked, harness for control of her or you will land on your face or into a tree and a muzzle because boxers are renound to mouth people who can interpret it as biting.

She weighs well over 20kg now but is like a bear and loves to sit on your lap.. not realising she is rather big!!

Toilet training is her biggest issue..!! we have had trouble with this, she thinks its a game like everything else

Here's a part of her email to me...

Lillie will have to have obediance training not puppy school. Puppy school is pointless for her, she will have these behaviours for a few years so puppy school wont help her a lot.

She has to be harnessed and muzzled when she is walked, harness for control of her or you will land on your face or into a tree and a muzzle because boxers are renound to mouth people who can interpret it as biting.

She weighs well over 20kg now but is like a bear and loves to sit on your lap.. not realising she is rather big!!

Toilet training is her biggest issue..!! we have had trouble with this, she thinks its a game like everything else

Oh dear.

I'd love to help but I'm not in the area and have only just got a new puppy myself. The puppy sounds like a nice dog though who just needs some training. hope someone can help.

This dog will be a piece of cake, she just needs a sane person with knowledge. She'd learn so quick and be a great pet.

I think you're right - no offence to the woman but from what she is saying it doesn't sound like she has a lot of knowledge and a boisterous puppy can be very daunting without it.

With the right training and perserverance I'm sure this pup would turn out just fine.

I guess at least this woman realising that she cannot manage is a good thing although I hope she's at least patient enough to wait for a home and not take the pup to the pound.

Sorry, I can't help - too far away and I'm full up myself :( but here's hoping this young pup gets a fair go.

Do you know if the pup has had any vaccinations etc. If someone was to foster her would you be able to do all the leg work in rehoming her Kristina?

Edited by lynda

Lynda, i called her earlier today and she crapped on and said her vet said to just leave the vaccs till when they were ready and could do it with desexing. I've arranged to go there tomorrow to see the pup. They want $100 for her too. and just getting on net now i got these emails from her....

just informing you that the interest for Lillie has been a lot.

We are telling all people who want her that it will be a case of 'the highest' offer for her.

All of you have experience with large breed dogs and or boxers so no one person is better than the other.

Thanks,

I have had over 200 people looking at lillie and emails all over the place. We will give her to you for 100 still as i beleive you interest in her is not for breeding purposes.

If you would like her kennel also you can have that for an extra $80. Its a clip together kennel and can be hosed out easily. Its made of that hard durable plastic.

I have a dr appointment as i told you on the phone but im happy for you to come at 9pm if you like.

my husbands mobile is ......., please send him a text to confirm anything.

We only need the $100 to cover vet bills and as you can imagine having a dog is expensive.

Also she eats twice a day

She means 200 ppl looking at the ad. I was actually going to ask if i could get her for free, so i guess that will be no after that email. i'm not doing any bidding for her.

I'm going to take a day off work tomorrow, so i could meet someone half way. But i can't pay for her, too streched at the moment.

Nekhbet, if i had the time i'd take her and teach her a few rules. But i think it's best she go into a home where she won't be moved again.

Ask her how much she thinks the pound will give her for the pup... in fact, tell her that they may well charge HER a fee for surrendering the dog to them... then suggest that maybe if she really believes that you'll give/find the dog a good home, then she'll give her dog to you...

T.

Ask her how much she thinks the pound will give her for the pup... in fact, tell her that they may well charge HER a fee for surrendering the dog to them... then suggest that maybe if she really believes that you'll give/find the dog a good home, then she'll give her dog to you...

T.

I'm pretty sure they charge now to leave dogs/cats, etc there. Might just email her and say i won't come and let the others get her. See what she says then. So silly.

I just feel bad for the dog and if another moron answers the ad that believes what the nut tells them,that poor pup will have a shit life.

Lynda, i called her earlier today and she crapped on and said her vet said to just leave the vaccs till when they were ready and could do it with desexing. I've arranged to go there tomorrow to see the pup. They want $100 for her too. and just getting on net now i got these emails from her....

just informing you that the interest for Lillie has been a lot.

We are telling all people who want her that it will be a case of 'the highest' offer for her.

All of you have experience with large breed dogs and or boxers so no one person is better than the other.

Thanks,

I have had over 200 people looking at lillie and emails all over the place. We will give her to you for 100 still as i beleive you interest in her is not for breeding purposes.

If you would like her kennel also you can have that for an extra $80. Its a clip together kennel and can be hosed out easily. Its made of that hard durable plastic.

I have a dr appointment as i told you on the phone but im happy for you to come at 9pm if you like.

my husbands mobile is ......., please send him a text to confirm anything.

We only need the $100 to cover vet bills and as you can imagine having a dog is expensive.

Also she eats twice a day

What vet bills then????

:laugh:

Poor dog...