Puppy Enquiry

Joan of Arc

I received this email tonight and I know this sounds judgemental but it came from a hotmail account has not details etc - well read it and see what you think.

I have copied it word for word but left the sender's name out for thier privacy.

It just doesnt feel right.

i will like to buy a pet from you for my wife who just move to australia as part of her birthday gift and i saw your advert online about the pet animal you have for sell because she really like pet alot and i will like to do anhything to make her happy. Please kindly let me know what you have for sale now, their condition and the cost too. I will be waiting to hear from you asap.

I think I must have just been lucky but have never received emails that I felt really uncomfortable with. I wouldn't be comfortable with this one though. I would probably reply and ask them to phone for more information. I have found that sometimes when I have asked people to actually call the serious ones will and some don't. I get a much better idea of people from a phone call than emails.

Good luck!!!

I've got those. When they start talking about condition of the animal, etc, i know it's def spam. Delete and block basically.

They're one of those that tell u they'll give you a cheque for $1000 when the dog is only $500 and ask you give them the $500 change before they clear ur cheque, of course, the idiot gives money and gets nothing back.

So ye, delete and move on....

I got one tonight from a "hotmail" account.....

Subject line was .....Need a pet

and that was it.....the email itself was blank

I replied and said ....pet what ??

Was going to offer a nice pet rock I have out the front, but was worried that it would not be given the care it deserves..... :(

Was going to offer a nice pet rock I have out the front, but was worried that it would not be given the care it deserves..... :(

Love it :D

I got the same email.

Sounds wrong - if I get emails like this I just don't respond, if they are really interested they will try again or ring me.

Though we did have one enq when we had our first litter - the husband was getting the puppy for his wife and wanted it to be a suprise :(. Yep, alarm bells rang and I ignored the email. He got in touch again, I left it for a couple of days and then he rang me. After speaking to him, he came out to visit with his children and they are a lovely family. They had just move out from England, his wife bred and exh dogs over there (GSP's), she was a psych nurse and was badly attacked by one of the patients (won't go into all the details here), he wanted a dobe because he wanted her to have protection and someone to be with her always - she was so badly hurt, physically and mentally that she wouldn't leave their home here. Long story short - that boy has the best home and over the next 2 years he helped to rehab her back to normal life and is always with her to this day. Couldn't ask for a better outcome for one of our puppies and I would place another puppy with them without hesitation.

Reading between the lines can be hard sometimes.

Sounds wrong - if I get emails like this I just don't respond, if they are really interested they will try again or ring me.

Though we did have one enq when we had our first litter - the husband was getting the puppy for his wife and wanted it to be a suprise :(. Yep, alarm bells rang and I ignored the email. He got in touch again, I left it for a couple of days and then he rang me. After speaking to him, he came out to visit with his children and they are a lovely family. They had just move out from England, his wife bred and exh dogs over there (GSP's), she was a psych nurse and was badly attacked by one of the patients (won't go into all the details here), he wanted a dobe because he wanted her to have protection and someone to be with her always - she was so badly hurt, physically and mentally that she wouldn't leave their home here. Long story short - that boy has the best home and over the next 2 years he helped to rehab her back to normal life and is always with her to this day. Couldn't ask for a better outcome for one of our puppies and I would place another puppy with them without hesitation.

Reading between the lines can be hard sometimes.

I agree, reading between the lines can be hard! I also don't like people discounting an email because it is a hotmail account! I have recently changed but had a hotmail account for years, thank goodness the breeders I have dealt with haven't written me off because of my choice of email providers. I usually do the initial inquiry by email and follow it up quickly with a phone call when I have been interested in a pup, and find most of my puppy buyers do the same thing. I think if people are serious they will ring. Definitely sounds like a scam though, judging by what others have said receiving a similar or same email. I would just delete this one in that case!

NEVER reply to these emails, any type, blank especially. If you reply a lot of them then can send virus or other crap.

Best is to delete and forget. The key words to look out of in emails is them talking about condition of the 'pet' and sending an agent. See that, and just delete.

But don't reply!! Plus if you reply they know you use that email and can bug you all the more.

DELETE DELETE DELETE

Was going to offer a nice pet rock I have out the front, but was worried that it would not be given the care it deserves..... :thumbsup:

Must be doing the rounds, I got the same thing as well :rofl::rofl:

Sounds like it is doing the rounds. :rofl:

I dont discount enquiries from hotmail / yahoo etc accounts....however I am very cautious of those enquiries.

And the ones that have stupid email addresses as well... eg. [email protected]

WELLLLLL.....you know there is some information I just dont want to know and when making enquiries some people should think about what comes up for the receiver.

Off topic...but some of the doozies I've seen on job applications I think how can anybody take you seriously. :bottom: