Dolers Are Freaking Awesome!

Ashanali

Yay! :thumbsup:

Did you do some re-editing of the one of us? It looks brighter.

Scary jumping legs did well!

I'll be honest and admit first thing I thought was 'hanging' legs. :rofl: Stupid morbid past employment :rofl:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! :thumbsup:

Did you do some re-editing of the one of us? It looks brighter.

Scary jumping legs did well!

I'll be honest and admit first thing I thought was 'hanging' legs. :rofl: Stupid morbid past employment :rofl:

Nah, I thought that also :) It's only because I asked Rocco aaaaaaaages ago how she did it (yes, I thought she had suspended herself somehow :D) that I know it's jumping legs, not hanging legs.

That is the beauty of the image. It was argued as morbid hanging, but also jumping playing. It left a unanwered question that left the judges wanting more. :)

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I really owe this all to Ash. She pushed me to entered and guided me the whole way through. She is our little DOL photography mum pushing each one of us to find our feet. We are all very lucky to be taken under her wing. I should also mention her incredible eye. When Ash finds someone she wants to push they all ened up taking home awards. There was others out there she helped not just me. She knows her stuff. :)

I love all of them...I can see what sets a great photographer apart from a good one...it must be that same creative genius gene that famous musicians and artists have.I love taking my photo's but acknowledge for me my gift is literature which comes so naturally...at photography I have to work at getting that same 'spark' of orginality and just don't feel it most of the time.

I reckon just from looking at those photo's that you guys have that special something that sets you apart.

Thought I had better add mine.

The first four were entered at our state awards back in April only

4684399713_da40dd7e95_b.jpg

4685033514_0431f85fdf_b.jpg

4684399207_23ee4b3c63_b.jpg

(this one just missed out on an award.)

4685033340_2577d70b63_b.jpg

And these four were entered at both state and national awards

4685033802_fe9be9ba1b.jpg

4684399035_214fbb8f0c_b.jpg

GOLD!

4685032880_925ab2e92a_b.jpg

GOLD at state... bombed at nationals :thumbsup: (it's just like dog showing. Different day, different judges)

4685032724_de29e6254e.jpg

Great photos (of course). Loving the chooks - went to the Melbourne show once with country friends who bred chooks and I had no idea how excited people could get over a chook LOL

I really like that chook one. I love how the white one is sticking her head out and everyone else is just chillin' :o

And I love the birth one. Makes me teary every time I look at it :( And the one of Shell, of course ;)

2787 images from 740 photographers entered.

28% of images won a silver award

I can't remember how many silver distinctions there were. I think it was around 200

only 41 gold awards

and 8 gold with distinction

I'm not upset with having an image that is considered as being in the top 50 out of 2787 images (of course, Serena's gold image also.) :o

I really like that chook one. I love how the white one is sticking her head out and everyone else is just chillin' :(

I wonder how many of us now will be hanging around the chickens this year at the Ekka. ;)

2787 images from 740 photographers entered.

I'm not upset with having an image that is considered as being in the top 50 out of 2787 images (of course, Serena's gold image also.) :thumbsup:

I knew there was a few print entered but not that many. Wow, does feel pretty good to be up there. :o

I'm over ambitious now to want a GD.... :thumbsup: