Remember My Dog Who Is Keen On The Cats?

Kirty

Remember me asking for advice about my Dane who is a bit too interested in my cats? Well, my little kitten LA has decided to take on the role of 'desensitiser'. :laugh: Despite me constantly shooing the cat away, he is besotted with the dog. Phoebe is being brilliant with him thankfully. She looks to me frequently for reassurance, and I gave her lots and lots of praise. :) And don't worry, I was sitting about 2ft away, talking to Phoebe the whole time.

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

Edited by Kirty

:):laugh: Beautiful! Just love interactions like that.

I needed a camera this morning when my big "Border Collie" cat was sitting in a doorway in the sun, and 'talking' to one of the BCs as he was coming through the door. She talked him into playing head-butts with her, and exchanging licks. Other times I've seen her holding his head in her paws while she licks him, and then turning her head to get him to lick just the spot she wants.

Tell Phoeve she's a super good girl - and thanks for sharing.

My step-dad's Dane wasn't keen on cats...actually, he was VERY keen....to eat them

My mother found a 16 week old kitten and brought it home to keep until the ranger showed up, as soon as Titan saw the kitten he lunged towards it barking but the kitten ran towards him, not away, clawed it's way up his face and sat on his head screeching in his ears as he ran around the house screaming and shaking his head.

When the kitten was finally pulled off, she wriggled free, chased the 80 kilo hulking monster dog into the master bedroom, cornered him and boxed his muzzle with full claws out.

Titan ended up under the bed crying and wailing and bleeding, the kitten {still a clawing, spitting mess} was locked in the bathroom and everyone was pretty shaken.

My mum decided to keep the kitten when she let it out of the bathroom, it walked right past Titan with tail held high and Titan sank into a submissive down.

Oddly enough, after that, it was love.

They haven't been seperate since, and they groom each other after baths, purring and love-whining resounding from their shared bed.

They won't even eat from seperate dishes and they even share the cat's bouncy feathered mouse toy.

:laugh: Embarrassment for the reputation of that dog

jaymatt, Phoebe is doing pretty well. In the last few months, she has come along in leaps and bounds. Every day she improves more. This last week was very exciting because she played with me for the first time! I was on the deck, razzing up the other dogs and Phoebe leapt up on me! She has been doing it every day since which is great. She enjoys her walks now and loves coming inside. :laugh:

Heavy Paws, hopefully that is the case with Phoebe. She has been brought up around cats and kittens, so hopefully we can control her 'interest' in the cats. :)

Kirty, thats so good to hear.... she has grown so much. pop into our thread when you get a chance, we would love to see pics and hear how she is going ... I am so pleased she went to you.