Meet The Newest Addition

Kirislin

This is Bosley. She is a race bred greyhound, full sister to the fabulous Drill 'em who's been nominated for Greyhound of the Year, but they dont all turn out to be champions and Bosley wont even be tried. Her owner/breeders have decided not to pursue training her. She didn't show alot of interest and rather than push her they've decided to put her straight into a pet home.

I offered to take her for a while to teach her some house manners, house training the most important, so she can learn how to be a pet. She's only been here an hour or so and is a bit nervous of my crew. She's scared of the camera too, hopefully when she gets to know me she wont be frightened and I might get some good shots of her. I've discovered she's a grinner too so I will try to get some smiling photos too.

But anyway, meet Bosley.

4698124595_1cc5374dc7.jpg

4698124575_38bb438330.jpg

4698124603_f2d983c1fe.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, she is lovely, what do the whippies think of her..............?? they may fall in love with her and she may HAVE to stay.................... :shrug::mad

Or YOU may fall in love with her after putting lots of work and effort into her............... :cry::rofl:

Trish

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, she is lovely, what do the whippies think of her..............?? they may fall in love with her and she may HAVE to stay.................... :shrug::mad

Or YOU may fall in love with her after putting lots of work and effort into her............... :cry::rofl:

Trish

We've just been having cuddles on the couch, I had to show her how to get up but once there she needs no training in smooching.

Puck isn't impressed, he puts his hackles up and growls quietly. The girls have mostly ignored her. Tag was a bit barky at first but is settling now. Time will tell.

She is very green though, not sure about coming inside but instantly understood the doggy door that mine are still to get the hang of. My biggest concern for now is making sure she doesn't toilet in the house. She's not trained at all so I'll have to watch her like a hawk as I bet her bladder would hold a bucketfull!

As you know I got Ebony straight from the pound, but I found no problems with house training her, I actually never had to 'train' her , she just automatically went outside down the steps to the lawn to eliminate. If Bosley was kept in kennels and let out for a run a couple of times a day, she may be used to 'holding on' until she was let out.

good luck, she is just beautiful...................

She's already worked out the doggy door so hopefully will take herself out when she needs to go, although I want her to learn to ask as well, for those times she might be somewhere without a dog door.

She's already worked out the doggy door so hopefully will take herself out when she needs to go, although I want her to learn to ask as well, for those times she might be somewhere without a dog door.

BUT if she stays with you she won't need to learn to ask, cos' you've got a doggy door........ :shrug::mad:cry::rofl: :D

Sorry Linda...... ;)

Cut it out the lot of you!! She's not staying, she cant! nononononononono!

She's already starting to play. She's decided she likes my water plants. I've got some canna? calla? lilies in the frog pool till I decide where I want them and she repeatedly pulled one out. I'd put it back and she'd pick the same one every time, fish it out and run off with it. I was scared she'd eat it and I dont know if they're poisonous so I've hidden it now.

4698323325_7fc73f6c5e.jpg

blowing bubbles, blub blub blub.

4698323327_ccb11bc737.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

Oh, I have a weak spot for greyhounds! :shrug:

Greyhounds are pretty easy to toilet train as they're generally very clean, and can hold it in as they wouldn't want to dirty their "kennel" or nearby surroundings. I used to take my foster out 4-5 times a day and she immediately got the hang of it and never once toileted indoors -- she came with her file saying she's not house trained as well :mad

I dont think she will be hard to rehome because she hasn't been raced so doesn't carry any injuries, is young, and didn't show any interest in chasing, although she just had a big game of chasey with the boys outside, but that's different. Tomorrow I will take her up the park to introduce her to dogs of all shapes and sizes. Since she's lived a fairly sheltered life until now it should be quite an experience for her.