Do Dogs Sulk

Enigma

In a word, YES!!! :thanks:

My favourite sulk was from a one eyed wolfhound. I can't remember why I roused at him but he'd done something stupid. As he was coming through the gate, he wouldn't look at me so I turned his face to me and the sodding thing shut his eye so he couldn't see me. I don't think I have ever felt so irrelevant in my life.

My parents' friends has a long haired dachshund that would throw a complete tizzy if you put a collar on her - she would tear around the room, then roll on the floor like she was trying to get the collar off, then she would literally throw herself onto the couch and refuse to look at you or move until the collar came off. As soon as the collar was off, she'd be her normal sweet and happy self...

My Zeddy will park herself at the end of the couch with her head over the arm and refuse to look at you if she's got the poops over something.

T.

Yep. And sighthounds are experts at it. He'll forgive you soon enough. :heart:

:o:thumbsup::thumbsup: Are they ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst sulkers I've had have been sighthounds! They mke you PAY! :thanks::eek:

IW4ME, I'm talking wolfies too!!

Edited by Monah

One of mine once sat in the corner facing the wall and would not look at me after I cut her nails. She wouldn't even take treats! So I don't know what exactly was going through her mind, but it certainly looked like sulking to me.

Ah yes - I have to do Oscar's nails tonight as they are disgraceful. Its always a battle, he hates it and after it won't come near me - even for food!

Sighthounds are the masters of it, greys have this way of looking at you and you can feel their disappointment in you :thanks:

I have a dog who is a master sulker! Every time I have to tether her up at dog club, which is inside the clubrooms and I'm always a few metres away, she insists on turning her back on me.

Never does it any other time.

No question - dogs can sulk!

Dogs can sulk and how :thanks: . One of my dogs when reprimanded (doesn't happen often as she is such an angel) gives the appearance of sulking. If I am in bed and I am being stern to her she comes even closer placing her head on my neck with that really sad look on her face, she looks as though she is about to cry.

YesYesYes :eek:

I used to look after a big old rottie who was an absolute darling but if you told him off or didnt play with him just when he wanted would go to his bed turn his back heave a huge sigh and refuse to look at you for ages :thanks:

From what I have seen of greyhound ... absolutely!!! They make it very clear when they are unhappy with you - and it can be anything from peeing on your bed to completely ignoring you. :thanks:

I am thankful my boys don't seem to care too much ... as long as I bring food :eek:

Slight OT - We had a cat who cried non-stop for 4 weeks while my brother was away. It just sat on his bed, didn't eat and cried and cried - absolutely pitiful. I was thankful when my brother finally got home thinking the cat would finally return to normal. Well that cat wouldn't even look at him. If my brother walked into the room the cat would walk out. She never looked at him and turned was always turning her back to him and completely ignoring him. Even when my brother tried to pick her up she would hiss and carry on and the walk off. It took another 4 weeks before she would forgive him for going away and leaving her.

YesYesYes :o

I used to look after a big old rottie who was an absolute darling but if you told him off or didnt play with him just when he wanted would go to his bed turn his back heave a huge sigh and refuse to look at you for ages :thanks:

Patch the greyhound has mastered the sigh :eek:

Charlie has mastered the whole big SIGH when he doesn't get his own way. He turns his back towards me, flop down on the floor and gives me the big sigh too.

Emmy is easily distracted to sulk. I step on her foot accidently and she LIMPS away being all pathetic shooting me the 'you hurt me mummy... you're mean" looks, but I walk into the kitchen and she perks up and rushes towards the kitchen hoping she will get a treat from her favorite thing in the world... the fridge! she will roll on her back so I can check her foot and everything.

I have a dog who is a master sulker! Every time I have to tether her up at dog club, which is inside the clubrooms and I'm always a few metres away, she insists on turning her back on me.

Never does it any other time.

No question - dogs can sulk!

Dogs can sulk and how :eek: . One of my dogs when reprimanded (doesn't happen often as she is such an angel) gives the appearance of sulking. If I am in bed and I am being stern to her she comes even closer placing her head on my neck with that really sad look on her face, she looks as though she is about to cry.

That's a social affiliation behaviour. I find these so interesting! :thanks: Erik did a good one the other night when I discovered him chewing on my $900 binoculars. All my fault for leaving them somewhere he could get them, but I made a lot of "Nononono NOOOOO" sorts of noises and he was all like "Did I do good?" I was really upset with myself and I was ignoring him because I didn't feel I could be fair to him until I'd calmed down. He came over all anxious and when I finally let him up for a cuddle he got really sooky and snuggled up high on my chest where he could lay his head against my neck. I wouldn't say he was sulking, but I think perhaps he was trying to reconnect with me so everything would be right in his world again.

One of mine once sat in the corner facing the wall and would not look at me after I cut her nails. She wouldn't even take treats! So I don't know what exactly was going through her mind, but it certainly looked like sulking to me.

:thanks::eek: I used to have a dog like yours. She would literally go towards the corner of the kitchen and turn her back to me.

:o Me too! Charch does this.

Sometimes he peeks at over his shoulder then quickly turns back when he is satisfied that we are looking at him :thumbsup:

My cocker HATES being groomed. She gets done every second day and when I'm finished she ignores me for the remainder of the night. Will only have cuddles and pats from OH. The look on her face is priceless. I'm sure its says "Umm, you think I'm still going to be nice to you after you brushed me? Yeah right lady, in your dreams!!"

Yep. And sighthounds are experts at it. He'll forgive you soon enough. :whee:

:winner::cheers::cheer: Are they ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst sulkers I've had have been sighthounds! They mke you PAY! :thumbsup::laugh:

As much as I hesitate to anthropomorphise - do they ever! Aggrieved sighthounds are seriously good actors.

Our greyhound is good at sulking, and teh great dane we had was the same. They both did the best sighs to show their unhappiness. We always have a giggle at Harry's sulking when he's showing us his disappointment. So cute!