I Fell In Love With A Greyhound Yesterday

SeeGee

OH, myself and the 2 beagles went for a training session at Redcliffe with Jane from Dogs on Track yesterday. She bought Sharnie, a greyhound she takes with her sometimes.

Sharnie was so beautiful, so calm....nothing could sway her. Her lovely long face, which she allowed me to stroke, her beautiful head that she let me pet, and long muscular body that was just amazing. I wish I had taken a picture of her :laugh: .

I have never ever met a Greyhound up close before, theres none in my area at all - plenty of whippets, no greyhounds. She was the most incredibly soft natured dog. I fell in love :laugh: . Told hubby that when we get more space, it will be time to get involved with Greyhound Rescue.

She was just SO beautiful. I understand not all Greyhounds are like that, but my goodness, she is an asset to her breed :laugh: .

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO no, not at all.....

Sharnie was HUGE!!!

They can curl themselves up into tiny spaces :laugh:

My 2 are pretty tiny - Patch is 27.5 kgs and Lilly is only 22.5kgs. Aside from a 5pm zoomie they spend all day on a couch or bed.

LMAO no, not at all.....

Sharnie was HUGE!!!

They can curl themselves up into tiny spaces :laugh:

My 2 are pretty tiny - Patch is 27.5 kgs and Lilly is only 22.5kgs. Aside from a 5pm zoomie they spend all day on a couch or bed.

Yep, that's right. They fold away to almost nothing :laugh: as they are all legs.

Greyhounds are the most gorgeous, gentle, appreciative, sweet and loving natured animals. I absolutely adore them. Very easy to fall in love with. Super easy to live with, and are easily kept happy. Let's face it, anything is better than a cold kennel in a GHs eyes.

I know I will definitely be having another Grey one day. Just love 'em :laugh:

I never ever liked Greys, till i met my first one :laugh:

It was at a pet expo and i spent almost all day sitting on the couch they had there with the dogs, I feel in love and know I will own one one day!!

Even Mum, who isnt a dog person, agreed with me!

Sharnie is a particular gem, she is so so so laid back. A wonderful asset to the breed

My whippet has charged and snapped at her and Sharnie just looks down her regal nose at her.

Jane is awesome as well - she has helped us heaps can't speak highly enough of her.

Hubby and I have already decided that we will have a greyhound as our " small white fluffy dog" that we will have in our old age , fantastic temperment and no having to bend down with what will be our old arthritic joints !! What could be better !

:o

I love greys, can't see me ever having one though, OH thinks their ugly :D

They have such beautiful natures.

I'll admit I thought they were too until I met one - there is something about their eyes - you just fall in love :rofl:

Would never be without one or 2 now.