Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

First Neuter Champion awarded in the Northern Territory was a Norwich Terrier, very closely followed by a Dachshund.

Very big congratulations to Chloe Fidler and proud mum Rachel on the title on little Gypsy aka Kaeva Super Minx at Haywood.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldnt want to be holding your breath to get a title, let alone 1 point in Victoria.

This state is sooooo far behind the rest of Australia. I would do better living in the Amazon somewhere :rofl:

I am sooooooooooo frustrated. I want to get out and make a fool of myself with my first few shows

before my puppy comes along and we start playing for sheep stations :laugh:

I looked in the new Dogs Vic mag and still no class 18a for me here.

Edited by keesit

First Neuter Champion awarded in the Northern Territory was a Norwich Terrier, very closely followed by a Dachshund.

Very big congratulations to Chloe Fidler and proud mum Rachel on the title on little Gypsy aka Kaeva Super Minx at Haywood.

:) Woot woot Chloe and Gypsy :laugh:

:laugh: And woot woot Melissa and Icarus :(

Sorry if this is a dumb question from a non showy but do the neuters have to be on main register?

Would I need to talk to my breeder about getting a potential show quality pup on the main register but I would still want the pup neutered, cause I have no intention of breeding and do not want to have an entire male around the place?

Sorry if this is a dumb question from a non showy but do the neuters have to be on main register?

Would I need to talk to my breeder about getting a potential show quality pup on the main register but I would still want the pup neutered, cause I have no intention of breeding and do not want to have an entire male around the place?

You are not the only newby here :) but talk to your breeder and get his / her help. You will have to get the registration papers off them, (must be on the main register) filled out on the back by them, and send in the certificate of spaying (a copy) with it to transfer the dog, but remember you only have 14 days from the "sale date" to do it.

Or if you have not had it spayed, transfer the dog and register it as spayed once it is done.

You will then get a new cert. of pedigree with sex stated as "Spayed"

All this takes about 3 - 4 weeks in Victoria, I dont know about S.A.

Hi everyone. . I'm not a show person by any stretch of the imagination but i just have some general questions. .

I'm inheriting a choc lab for the next two years starting in jan. . It has been suggested to me by mum who is not a show person either that maybe it may be an opportunity to try a hand at showing just for some fun. .

obviously i'd have to see if he had the all the right paperwork and if he was actually suitable for the ring

my questions is

is there an age limit for dogs being entered this dog will almost be 3 can you enter a 3yr old or do you need to start when they're puppies. .

My other question is how to i go about learning how to handle, stack ect. . I'm an agility person so as far as showing goes i have nothing lol. .

if its not do-able it doesn't matter it was just a thought and sounding like a good opportunity to learn something new

Hi everyone. . I'm not a show person by any stretch of the imagination but i just have some general questions. .

I'm inheriting a choc lab for the next two years starting in jan. . It has been suggested to me by mum who is not a show person either that maybe it may be an opportunity to try a hand at showing just for some fun. .

obviously i'd have to see if he had the all the right paperwork and if he was actually suitable for the ring

my questions is

is there an age limit for dogs being entered this dog will almost be 3 can you enter a 3yr old or do you need to start when they're puppies. .

My other question is how to i go about learning how to handle, stack ect. . I'm an agility person so as far as showing goes i have nothing lol. .

if its not do-able it doesn't matter it was just a thought and sounding like a good opportunity to learn something new

Assuming all his paperwork is correct (and his is good enough for the ring), you can enter a 3 year old for the first time. I entered Phoenix's first show as a neuter at 3.5 :) I started showing Willow this year, I started her from a puppy, and while it didn't really matter if she mis-behaved in the ring as a baby (sat down, won't stay still etc), I have actually found it a lot easier to train Phoenix for the show ring. I had the advantage of having already trained him in obedience, so it was just a matter of moving his feet into position on the stand and making him stay in that position.

I'd try and go to a few show training classes, maybe gets some help from border collie groomers, and thirdly, not sure how it works as I am only new to showing as well, but I think you'll need to make sure the dog in question is registered in your name or atleast co-owned in your name. If not, you'll need to get his owner to enter him in shows.

I'm by no means an expect, only new to the ring myself. Be warned, it does get addictive.

there we go... i've said my piece on the Dogs Victoria facebook page... lol

Just wondering why Victorian show organisers are NOT supporting the NEUTER class in up coming shows??? I have offered to support the class yet still no response. So far ONLY one All Breeds club has said they will support it... Ovens Valley 2011.

I have had to travel interstate (Alice Springs and Albury) to gain points for my girl becau...se not a single club has offered the class... VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Come on people... atleast give it a trial run before you can it?!?!?!?

I had a go too last night, but it doesnt stay there to add comments :)

If you go to the discussion board on the site, a new topic has been started on Neuter class and you can leave a comment.

I"m also very discouraged to see no neuter classes offered. I"m pleased that our specialty will have it, but not impressed that the clubs won't go down that road.

I do have a question that I can't find an answer to. I have a Champion that will be shown in the neuter class for a title. I know I have to send in the registration and desex papers but when this animal obtains the neuter champion, how will it show on registration? I'm assuming the champion status will remain, but what about the neuter champion status? N/Ch? maybe?

I don't know what the actual letters for the Neutered champion are... I imagine N.Ch or something, too but it does say in the rules that previous non-neutered champion titles will take precedence, so if your dog has it's normal Australian Champion title, it would be Ch. N.Ch <dog's name>

I don't know what the actual letters for the Neutered champion are... I imagine N.Ch or something, too but it does say in the rules that previous non-neutered champion titles will take precedence, so if your dog has it's normal Australian Champion title, it would be Ch. N.Ch <dog's name>

Ch. NCh Mijke Mustang Sally :laugh:

Just wanted to see what it looks like in print :laugh::laugh:

Hi all

as most of you are aware, as of July the neuter classes will be able to gain points towards their neuter championship.

Since the schedules are now out or July and august- has anyone noticed any kennel clus offering this class???

I know it will take a while with the scedules needing to be in long before the date of the event (about 6 months) but how can we encourage kennel clubs to host this class?

I for one am really keen to support this class and have quite a few friends waiting also! I am sure once the ball starts rolling it will be well supported.

Any ideas???

Tumbarumba and Bethungra Shows 19th and 20th March 2011 in Tumbarumba... are planing Neuter Classes...so we look forward to lots of entries :rofl: This will be Advertised in NSW January Journal

Just had a look at the September Gazette for NSW..

The shows around Sydney/Newcastle with Open Neuter are -

15-17 October - Hillsborough

5-6 November - Hillsborough

14 Nov - EP

27 Nov - Castle Hill

5 December - EP

WOOT WOOT! See you there!

Just got back Dante's papers stamped NEUTER so we're ready!

Edited by sas

Hi all

as most of you are aware, as of July the neuter classes will be able to gain points towards their neuter championship.

Since the schedules are now out or July and august- has anyone noticed any kennel clus offering this class???

I know it will take a while with the scedules needing to be in long before the date of the event (about 6 months) but how can we encourage kennel clubs to host this class?

I for one am really keen to support this class and have quite a few friends waiting also! I am sure once the ball starts rolling it will be well supported.

Any ideas???

Tumbarumba and Bethungra Shows 19th and 20th March 2011 in Tumbarumba... are planing Neuter Classes...so we look forward to lots of entries :birthday: This will be Advertised in NSW January Journal

WoooooooooooooHooooooooooooooo :rofl::):dancingelephant::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :birthday: