Agility Training Talk Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure they have to drop on the table at ADAA but not ANKC.

With ADAA the dog has to drop on the table & the weave poles are closer together. We are going out to the ADAA Grand Prix at Tamworth in October. Any other DOLERS going :coffee: Should be a real good 4 day weekend in a huge new indoor equestrian arena. Because my dog is 510 she wil have to jump higher at 550 & there will be wings on the jumps. So a few challenges to work on beforehand. At present she will drop automatically on the table in practice & at training, but no way will she drop in a trial ;)

I trained an automatic drop on the table and the first ANKC trial he dropped beautifully and we also got a qually :thumbsup: However while he still drops at training, he now wants to stand on the table at a trial :thumbsup: . I haven't come across a table in an ADAA trial yet (it is optional at all levels).

With ADAA the dog has to drop on the table & the weave poles are closer together. We are going out to the ADAA Grand Prix at Tamworth in October. Any other DOLERS going :thumbsup: Should be a real good 4 day weekend in a huge new indoor equestrian arena. Because my dog is 510 she wil have to jump higher at 550 & there will be wings on the jumps. So a few challenges to work on beforehand. At present she will drop automatically on the table in practice & at training, but no way will she drop in a trial :laugh:

I was thinking about going, but didnt know about it until the week entries closed and it was going to be too difficult to try and organise accommodation etc, also Id only be doing combined starters or NFC

Me and Tess have our first competition on Saturday, she has 2 runs in combined starters, the first only has 2 other entrants and the second only has 1 other, gotta love having a toy dog in the bottom levels lol

Wish me luck for clear rounds :rofl:

Well Jedi and I had our first agility lesson from our new trainer! We had a great time and had lots of homework to work on! :p

Go Jedi :laugh: . It's so much fun but you do soon realise whoa I have so much to train but I love it.

Anyone coming to watch the Festival of Agility this weekend in sydney?

It is well worth watching for anyone interested in agility. All the top dogs in the state will be there. The dog of the year finals are always very exciting. I have both my girls in both finals this year.

Hope the weather is kind!

Edited by Vickie

Anyone coming to watch the Festival of Agility this weekend in sydney?

It is well worth watching for anyone interested in agility. All the top dogs in the state will be there. The dog of the year finals are always very exciting. I have both my girls in both finals this year.

Hope the weather is kind!

WOW. sounds fantastic! Good luck.

With ADAA the dog has to drop on the table & the weave poles are closer together. We are going out to the ADAA Grand Prix at Tamworth in October. Any other DOLERS going :rofl: Should be a real good 4 day weekend in a huge new indoor equestrian arena. Because my dog is 510 she wil have to jump higher at 550 & there will be wings on the jumps. So a few challenges to work on beforehand. At present she will drop automatically on the table in practice & at training, but no way will she drop in a trial ;)

Yep - we will be there.

The Grand Prix is always a great weekend. Nice and relaxed, but heaps on at the same time.

Both my guys jump 550 - one is 475mm and the other is 540mm. (Make sure your dog is registered in the Regular Programme if you want them to jump 550 in the intermediate and open events. Otherwise they will be jumping 650mm.)

See you there!

With ADAA the dog has to drop on the table & the weave poles are closer together. We are going out to the ADAA Grand Prix at Tamworth in October. Any other DOLERS going :rofl: Should be a real good 4 day weekend in a huge new indoor equestrian arena. Because my dog is 510 she wil have to jump higher at 550 & there will be wings on the jumps. So a few challenges to work on beforehand. At present she will drop automatically on the table in practice & at training, but no way will she drop in a trial :o

Yep - we will be there.

The Grand Prix is always a great weekend. Nice and relaxed, but heaps on at the same time.

Both my guys jump 550 - one is 475mm and the other is 540mm. (Make sure your dog is registered in the Regular Programme if you want them to jump 550 in the intermediate and open events. Otherwise they will be jumping 650mm.)

See you there!

Yep....we have her down as Regular. This is our first time & have put in for "everything eligble"....how will I recognize you....dogs names maybe ;)

I'll be at the Festival of Agility ;)

Have entered the Jumping day - JDX and JDO. Can't wait to watch the JDoY runs - last year they were spectacular! And the winning dog last year (who I have seen a lot this year too ) amazing lead out and control as well as speed :rofl:

With ADAA the dog has to drop on the table & the weave poles are closer together. We are going out to the ADAA Grand Prix at Tamworth in October. Any other DOLERS going :thumbsup: Should be a real good 4 day weekend in a huge new indoor equestrian arena. Because my dog is 510 she wil have to jump higher at 550 & there will be wings on the jumps. So a few challenges to work on beforehand. At present she will drop automatically on the table in practice & at training, but no way will she drop in a trial :confused:

Yep - we will be there.

See you there!

Yep....we have her down as Regular. This is our first time & have put in for "everything eligble"....how will I recognize you....dogs names maybe :)

I'll be the one with 2.5 BC's - all black and white. CK and Xena are my dogs who will be running. Wikki is the little thing that looks like a bear cub at the moment. I'll be in BAD clothing - bright yellow and blue. AFAIK I will be the only guy from our club so I shouldn't be too hard to spot. If all else fails just ask someone to point out Tony from the BAD club and they are likely to know who you are talking about. :laugh:

With ADAA the dog has to drop on the table & the weave poles are closer together. We are going out to the ADAA Grand Prix at Tamworth in October. Any other DOLERS going :thumbsup: Should be a real good 4 day weekend in a huge new indoor equestrian arena. Because my dog is 510 she wil have to jump higher at 550 & there will be wings on the jumps. So a few challenges to work on beforehand. At present she will drop automatically on the table in practice & at training, but no way will she drop in a trial :laugh:

Yep - we will be there.

See you there!

Yep....we have her down as Regular. This is our first time & have put in for "everything eligble"....how will I recognize you....dogs names maybe :)

I'll be the one with 2.5 BC's - all black and white. CK and Xena are my dogs who will be running. Wikki is the little thing that looks like a bear cub at the moment. I'll be in BAD clothing - bright yellow and blue. AFAIK I will be the only guy from our club so I shouldn't be too hard to spot. If all else fails just ask someone to point out Tony from the BAD club and they are likely to know who you are talking about. :laugh:

Looking forward to catching up with you...my OH will be so glad there is another fella going. My girl is Bojak Bindi...just look for the pretty chocolate & white border with a leaf hanging out of her mouth like a cigarette :confused: We're with the Coffs Harbour mob.

Festival of Agility sounds fun!

I've entered Snooker & Gamblers tomorrow but I have NFI how to do them ;) :laugh: Off to look for a 'guide for dummies' :D I did a Snooker round once for judges training but found it so confusing!

Festival of Agility sounds fun!

I've entered Snooker & Gamblers tomorrow but I have NFI how to do them ;) :laugh: Off to look for a 'guide for dummies' :D I did a Snooker round once for judges training but found it so confusing!

I have no idea how snooker works, but we did a gamblers run the other night

Basically you have to work out how you can get a lot of points quickly, then keep running over the 'double it' obstacle taking a jump or a tunnel in between, we had the A frame as our double, but keep in mind if your dog takes the obstacle incorrectly your points will be halved instead of doubled, I think you also have to jump the finish as well or you wont qualify for any points, so make sure you stay in time and get time to go back to the finish jump

Last time my club had a competition I was scribing for the gamblers, for most of the groups nobody made it in time so really all you had to do was take a few jumps and double it a few times and finish and you would win, everyone else was getting high points but were unable to finish on time so they got disqualified