Agility Training Talk Thread

I have a question... We started agility at PICSI but found that it was constantly cancelled because of the rain (grounds too boggy). We haven't done any training for ages now as we've been focusing on flyball. But now both the dogs are trained up for FB I was thinking of starting agility again.

Problem is, I don't really want to go back to PICSI because of how often training was cancelled (there was a period where it wasn't on for about 2 months!) and I can't go to Castle Hill because it's on the same night as flyball.

Are there any other good clubs around on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday night? I don't mind a drive if it's a good place to train.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TN, there is a lady in Bargo who gives excellent lessons, not sure which nights though. I can pm you her email if you are interested.

Eek! Bargo is almost 2 hours from me... That might be a little TOO far. But if that's my only option I might consider it. I'd prefer to only have to drive an hour or so.

TerraNik

Training hasn't been cancelled at PICSI much lately - I go all the time :laugh: We had a bad run at the start of the year but it has been pretty good apart from that.

ADC trains Thrusday nights.

I think my dogs are playing games with me :laugh: . We did some training this morning & they did a role reversal. Each has strengths that the other one is weaker in & weaknesses that the other one is stronger in. Today Trim felt like Shine to handle & Shine felt like Trim. :laugh: nothing like keeping me on my toes. I'm always trying to bridge the gap...I got no closer to it today, they just swapped!

Edited by Vickie

I have a question... We started agility at PICSI but found that it was constantly cancelled because of the rain (grounds too boggy). We haven't done any training for ages now as we've been focusing on flyball. But now both the dogs are trained up for FB I was thinking of starting agility again.

Problem is, I don't really want to go back to PICSI because of how often training was cancelled (there was a period where it wasn't on for about 2 months!) and I can't go to Castle Hill because it's on the same night as flyball.

Are there any other good clubs around on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday night? I don't mind a drive if it's a good place to train.

Can you do Saturday mornings at St Ives? Link

No, weekends don't suit as we have obedience trialling, herding training and dog shows on almost every Sat/Sun.

I've emailed the lady in Bargo recommended by Vickie. It sounds like that's going to be our best option. :laugh:

where are you at? HDAC trains Wed nights at Windsor , John Maroney Corectional center

No, weekends don't suit as we have obedience trialling, herding training and dog shows on almost every Sat/Sun.

I've emailed the lady in Bargo recommended by Vickie. It sounds like that's going to be our best option. :crossfingers:

She is a very naughty girl... But god I love her for it :)

If it was the other way round I would worry about injury, but Shine would run right over the top of trim if she needed to & trim knows it! She is smart enough to keep out of her way