Agility Training Talk Thread

Nice to meet you from afar megan and see you there TO.

I missed the first half of the lesson as one of my cats had major surgery at short notice and I was visiting her and getting an update from my vet. I nearly went straight home but I'm glad I ran around with Em for a few minutes - it was good to concentrate on something else :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Whip's ADX run from the state titles last weekend. I still have a long way to go as far as my handling of him goes, and I am retraining his understanding of tight turns, but I was so proud of his effort given we have done no trialling or training since June. Everything is really starting to click for him, and he is really maturing nicely now :) I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

Thanks - I reckon he's a bit awesome too :heart:

Vickie, that's really nice of you to comment on my handling - it's still not quite there but I know it's improved a lot since the early days. I think Zig's recovered from the initial "handling trauma" rather well actually :laugh:

smile.gif I think you are setting really nice lines for him smile.gif

Edited by Vickie

This is Whip's ADX run from the state titles last weekend. I still have a long way to go as far as my handling of him goes, and I am retraining his understanding of tight turns, but I was so proud of his effort given we have done no trialling or training since June. Everything is really starting to click for him, and he is really maturing nicely now :) I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

Wow, he's so cool :). I'm glad you posted this cause I've never really seen him run. For some reason your FB videos will never play for me, but I could see this one confused.gif on here.

He's got such a great attitude :) & looks very confident thumbsup1.gif

Edited by Vickie

Can't wait to see Fly in action, Vickie :)

She's done a couple of trials already, but seems to think trials are for stepping it up a notch, so I haven't managed to keep up and hang onto her yet laugh.gif. I've just entered another few, so hopefully I will be able to get a little more control on her this time round smile.gif.

Are you at the GP Sheena? Kavik?

If so, good luck to both of you smile.gif

Edited by Vickie

They're really quite different Vickie! I can well imagine Fly taking off on you in a trial with all that excitement. I've started taking private lessons with Em again because she runs just that bit faster at every trial and I really need to learn to handle her better. I find it's hard to predict her level of commitment to an obstacle sometimes too!

Whip looks like a sweetie pie DC - he's super confident at his job! :)

Can't wait to see Fly in action, Vickie :)

She's done a couple of trials already, but seems to think trials are for stepping it up a notch, so I haven't managed to keep up and hang onto her yet laugh.gif. I've just entered another few, so hopefully I will be able to get a little more control on her this time round smile.gif.

Are you at the GP Sheena? Kavik?

If so, good luck to both of you smile.gif

No, we are not going this year. Still trying to get baby Cricket's "flying contacts" under control. In training he's such an angel, but gets a bit over excited at trials. :laugh:

In training he's such an angel, but gets a bit over excited at trials. :laugh:

:) sounds like a common theme, laugh.gif

Still...better than them shutting down or running slower in trials.

They're still babies, good attitude is the most important thing thumbsup1.gif

They're really quite different Vickie! I can well imagine Fly taking off on you in a trial with all that excitement.

Yes...and no...smile.gifThey do have different personalities, but also very different training experiences.It's hard to say what they would be like if they had been raised the same.

Lass was never meant to do agility & I still worry that too much of it will ruin her sheep work so I am careful not to rev her up too much. She is a very honest, biddable dog. I will be happy with whatever she gives me in agility :)

I've started taking private lessons with Em again because she runs just that bit faster at every trial and I really need to learn to handle her better. I find it's hard to predict her level of commitment to an obstacle sometimes too!

:) hard isn't it...

Edited by Vickie

It was a full on weekend at the Sale trial. We had some crazy weather but it was still a good weekend. I got to see some great teams and talk to some judges. We have a had a lot of great feedback from all the judges and trialers and there were some really nice courses this weekend. I really enjoyed stewarding but cant wait till its my own turn get in the ring with my dog :)

Edited by whitka