Accomm For Dog And Owner

bark

Hi DOLERS

My 4 yo desexed dog and I are looking for accomm in Sydney, preferably northern suburbs but I'm open to any suggestions. As I'm unable to post an "Off topic", the next best place was here; under normal circumstances I would follow the rules, but I have to move out of my home and need advice from dog owners who know how difficult it is to find accommodation that allows indoor pets.

I regularly check realestate.com.au, domain.com.au and other sites advertising they have dog friendly accomm, for share accomm and even rentals that are reasonably priced, with little success. Separating from my dog isn't an option I want to consider.

Do any of you know of a room, granny flat, studio, cheap house :thumbsup: for a responsible, quiet, tidy female (home owner for the last 16 yrs) and dog? If so please PM me. References can be supplied if required. Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi, I hope you find somewhere and am sending you a few good luck vibes. You are probably already aware of how difficult the rental market is at the moment in Sydney. When do you need to move by?

Have you thought about house sitting. I have recently come across happy house sitters and there are people there who go from one house sit to another some for six months to a year. Many of them appear to have dogs with them too and still manage to get house sits even taking their own dog with them. It might at least get you something in the short term anyway. www.happyhousesitters.com.au

Good luck

Hi, I hope you find somewhere and am sending you a few good luck vibes. You are probably already aware of how difficult the rental market is at the moment in Sydney. When do you need to move by?

Thanks, all good vibes are welcomed and I am looking to move within the next month or sooner.

Have you thought about house sitting. I have recently come across happy house sitters and there are people there who go from one house sit to another some for six months to a year. Many of them appear to have dogs with them too and still manage to get house sits even taking their own dog with them. It might at least get you something in the short term anyway. www.happyhousesitters.com.au

Good luck

That's a good idea, I'll check out that site - thanks.

Thanks, all good vibes are welcomed and I am looking to move within the next month or sooner.

Good luck indeed....I have had several friends WITHOUT any pets take 2-4months to find a suitable place to live...the market is very tight at the moment.

Move to Adelaide!

Lots of housing here :rofl:

Sydney is a joke. The amount of times we turned up to look at the daggiest ever apartment and there was 30-50 other people there! oh my gosh was so disheartening. So glad we didnt have any pets or yeah would have been near impossible.

Unless you move out near penrif maybe?

I might also add that when looking for rentals if pets are negiotiable for outside only just take that and sneak em in! how will they know anyway?

Hi,

What kind of dog do you have? What kind of hours do you work and what lifestyle will the dog and you lead?

I know someone who may be interested in a tennant in Belrose, but I dare say he may want more details about how it will all work.

PM me if you like.

Do you have a maximum amount you want to pay?

We have a noticeboard at work that sometimes has granny flats for rent

Max $200

Wow, that may limit you I believe. Sydney rents are incredibly overpriced at the moment.

Do you have a maximum amount you want to pay?

We have a noticeboard at work that sometimes has granny flats for rent

Max $200

Wow, that may limit you I believe. Sydney rents are incredibly overpriced at the moment.

Bark is looking to share so if someone has a three bedroomed house with a vacant bedroom, it is possible :thumbsup::o . Hopefully something will come up quickly.

Yeah you could try areas like Rooty Hill, Penrith - anywhere out west. Many are fine to have pets and the rent isnt too high.

Goodluck and I have to say I think its great you will not be seperated from your furfriend. There are places out there you just have to find them. Wishing you the best.

Try house sitting. I have a large dog and may have found a 2 month house sit for me and my girl, depending on whether yard is safe (have to go view it). Yay! It probably helps if your dog lives outside. Mine does, although I wish I could sneak her in. It was through happy house sitters.

Yeah you could try areas like Rooty Hill, Penrith - anywhere out west. Many are fine to have pets and the rent isnt too high.

Goodluck and I have to say I think its great you will not be seperated from your furfriend. There are places out there you just have to find them. Wishing you the best.

I did have a suspicion I would have to broaden my search to include other areas if I couldn't get a share place within my price range; but I had to test the waters to make sure there wasn't an unused room in someone's house in an area I'm used to living in.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Try house sitting. I have a large dog and may have found a 2 month house sit for me and my girl, depending on whether yard is safe (have to go view it). Yay! It probably helps if your dog lives outside. Mine does, although I wish I could sneak her in. It was through happy house sitters.

That is good news GSD FAN. I think it was the thread started by you I referred to above. Glad you weren't deterred by all of us :(

:mad Excellent news!

I've just got house sitters for December through Happy House Sitters and from what I have read on their site it seems there are quite a few people who are able to house sit and take their dogs with them.

So glad it looks like you got something ;)