Something I Notice This Morning

W Sibs

I live on a street that only has Pure bred dogs!! I'm the only person on my street that has a cross breed (Charlie).

There are Kelpies, a Malamutes, 2 Huskies, a Cocker Spaniel, a Pug, a Shih Tzu, a Mini Foxy and now a Japanese Spitz. All purebred and bought from registered breeders!!

I know it's silly, but I thought I should share this interesting (and weird) fact :mad

My court is the same CW! There's an Irish Setter, a Bernese Mountain Dog, a Golden Retriever and a Border Collie. I kinda feel like Spence and I are lowering the standard lol. Although maybe there are some crossbreeds lurking in backyards that I just never see?

At my old place... Charlie was the smallest dog in the street.. and the new place, he is still the smallest in the street. my old street was a lot of crossbreed (DD dogs and proud of them :laugh: )

Esky.. does your bf's family planning to desex their dogs? I've never owned a dog that hasn't been speyed.. even Emmy is getting speyed soon.

gila.. weird, huh? lol

At my old place... Charlie was the smallest dog in the street.. and the new place, he is still the smallest in the street. my old street was a lot of crossbreed (DD dogs and proud of them :o )

Esky.. does your bf's family planning to desex their dogs? I've never owned a dog that hasn't been speyed.. even Emmy is getting speyed soon.

gila.. weird, huh? lol

FIL is being a real 'man' about it and doesn't want his dog to lose its balls. No taking the hint after his dog has already sired 3 litters

MIL's Chi was booked into be speyed, they took one look at her age and said No freaking way.

SIL wants to be a breeder :o

SIL and FIL's dogs went on to have a litter earlier this year. One of the pups got ill and ended up here for good. Still intact.

:laugh:

Moving out soon *fingers crossed*

At my currently place all the neighbours have pure dogs. We have a jack russel one side, a boxer on another side, a poodle on one half of the back yard who also lives with a cav and 2 x staffys over the other side of the back yard. No idea wether they are from registered breeders, Im not into chatting with the neighbours!

I have the only X breed in my street! I have a pure cocker but also a beagle X cocker. All the other dogs on the street are pure.

My poor mutt is all left out! :o

:( I was thinking if Charlie was feeling left out too...

At my old place... Charlie was the smallest dog in the street.. and the new place, he is still the smallest in the street. my old street was a lot of crossbreed (DD dogs and proud of them :cry: )

gila.. weird, huh? lol

FIL is being a real 'man' about it and doesn't want his dog to lose its balls. No taking the hint after his dog has already sired 3 litters

MIL's Chi was booked into be speyed, they took one look at her age and said No freaking way.

SIL wants to be a breeder :o

SIL and FIL's dogs went on to have a litter earlier this year. One of the pups got ill and ended up here for good. Still intact.

:laugh:

Moving out soon *fingers crossed*

Wow! :(

*fingers crossed* you move out soon too!!

I live on a street that only has Pure bred dogs!! I'm the only person on my street that has a cross breed (Charlie).

There are Kelpies, a Malamutes, 2 Huskies, a Cocker Spaniel, a Pug, a Shih Tzu, a Mini Foxy and now a Japanese Spitz. All purebred and bought from registered breeders!!

I know it's silly, but I thought I should share this interesting (and weird) fact :noidea:

LOL funny, me too I thnk.

We have an Aussie across the road, a beagle across the road, an American Bulldog 3 or 4 doors down, a shihtzu and a maltese at the end.

Mind you, that's only because our neighbours moved out a few weeks ago. Their dog was def a crossbreed but no idea what. Although, I always here a dog, next to the neighbours house but I have never seen it walking down the street so that one could be a cross too lol

Edited by lanabanana

All the dogs in my street are either pet shop bought or rescues... not one from a registered breeder.

There is a registered breeder of Cockers and Staffies in the next street though... lovely dogs! They also show, and the wife is a show judge.

T.

My street is full of purebreds too. We have Border Collies, Goldens, Labradors, Beagles and Boxers. We also have a few x's as well, but mostly purebreds.

BUT.... I was VERY dissapointed to learn that the street next to us has two neighbours who have started breeding Golden x Poodles :( They used to breed Goldens but I gather they worked out they get more$ for crossing them. :)

I'm not actually sure what dogs I have in my street LOL. It's rather a long street and all acreage, and some people have their yards set well back behind their house. Next door to us there is a pair of Labrador crosses, on the other side is a Labrador and a Boxer, our other neighbours have two Australian Cattle Dogs, across the street there is a little black scruffy thing (Shih Tzu cross maybe?) who lives with a German Shepherd... umm up the street there is a large crossbred that looks like a Bull Arab, and the real estate agent who lives up the road has a Jack Russell. Oh and there are two Border Collies around the corner. I'm not actually sure whether any of these dogs are pedigree as I haven't spoken to any of the owners about them. There would be heaps more dogs than that in my street though, I just haven't seen them all!

Edited by Miss B

Merlin is the only purebred dog in our street and the only registered one so far as I can tell. Next doors dogs are speyed or about to be (they have a 6 month kelpie x from a pet shop :( )

I also seem to be the only one who keeps my cats indoors too on this street, my neighbour recently got a second cat they were telling me about and I mentioned we had just got a third cat, he didnt even know we had cats - thats cause I keep em safe!

So frustrating as the lady across the road has let her mix breed dog breed with another ladies maltese up the road, just cause they would be cute! They have had 2 litters, all were found homes but already they have heard of one dog just being left to his own devices and now he is gone, dont know where and another dog was left behind in a vacant house after one of their "good mates, who would love the puppy" abandoned it ggggrrrr makes me angry (sorry for going off topic)

Merlin is the only purebred dog in our street and the only registered one so far as I can tell. Next doors dogs are speyed or about to be (they have a 6 month kelpie x from a pet shop :( )

I also seem to be the only one who keeps my cats indoors too on this street, my neighbour recently got a second cat they were telling me about and I mentioned we had just got a third cat, he didnt even know we had cats - thats cause I keep em safe!

So frustrating as the lady across the road has let her mix breed dog breed with another ladies maltese up the road, just cause they would be cute! They have had 2 litters, all were found homes but already they have heard of one dog just being left to his own devices and now he is gone, dont know where and another dog was left behind in a vacant house after one of their "good mates, who would love the puppy" abandoned it ggggrrrr makes me angry (sorry for going off topic)

That is just irresponsible. Regardless of cross breeding or not, no one should leave puppies or dogs to their own devices, and/or abandon them. All pooches deserve to be loved... That being said, we had a few friends accuse us of being 'dog snobs' when we decided to get Genevieve. They couldn't understand why we wanted that particular breed of dog and why we wanted her from puppy age, when we could go and rescue one from the pound/shelter. We have/had our reasons for why we didn't adopt an abandoned dog, but that doesn't mean that I don't support the re-homing of abandoned or abused doggies.

Little G is one of three purebreds on the street. There is a black lab and a golden retriever a few houses up. The rest of them seem to be designer dogs.