Today Tonight Channel 7

bridie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if its to do with the American Super Premiums being imported into Aus? I saw them mention something about 'how to ensure your pet lives a long life' or something ridiculous. Wonder which foods they're going to recommend...

I wonder if its to do with the American Super Premiums being imported into Aus? I saw them mention something about 'how to ensure your pet lives a long life' or something ridiculous. Wonder which foods they're going to recommend...

Never heard of that one ASP.Well known vets are paid very well to endorse products,as are actors.

Did you know:

Colgate Palmolive own Hill's Science Diet

Mars: Advance,Pedigree,Whiskas & more

Proctor Gamble:Eukanuba,Iams.....what-ever this one is

Nestle:Dog Chow,Friskies,Beneful,Purina One+

I realise u all needed to know this very interesting,informative imformation!

:laugh:

Edited by bridie

Never heard of that one ASP.Well known vets are paid very well to endorse products,as are actors.

Did you know:

Colgate Palmolive own Hill's Science Diet

Mars: Advance,Pedigree,Whiskas & more

Proctor Gamble:Eukanuba,Iams.....what-ever this one is

Nestle:Dog Chow,Friskies,Beneful,Purina One+

I realise u all needed to know this very interesting,informative imformation!

:laugh:

I was just meaning the introduction of foods from America like Canidae, Eagle Pack Holistic etc (they're classed as super premiums).

Yep, many of the premium pet foods are owned by large companies, but this gives them the budget for marketing. They still have standards to adhere too.

Just got this email from the AVA -

Pet food in the spotlight on Today Tonight

Channel 7's Today Tonight program is broadcasting a story focussing on pet food tonight at 6.30pm. The story appears to have been prompted by a pet owner questioning the food she was feeding her dog who recently died.

The AVA was approached to appear in the story and Victorian Division President, Bill Harkin, has been interviewed. He was questioned about the ingredients found in pet food and the types of pet food related illnesses treated by veterinarians.

You might like to watch the broadcast tonight if you think clients may ask questions about the story. Alternatively, story summaries are posted on the Today Tonight website here, and video archives are stored here, so you may be able to access information tomorrow after the story goes to air.

Edited by stormie

I was just meaning the introduction of foods from America like Canidae, Eagle Pack Holistic etc (they're classed as super premiums).

Yep, many of the premium pet foods are owned by large companies, but this gives them the budget for marketing. They still have standards to adhere too.

Hey stormie - shouldn't your sig thingy read "Hee brew I only it plinktun"???? :laugh:

Hey stormie - shouldn't your sig thingy read "Hee brew I only it plinktun"???? :laugh:

:laugh: you're right, it should!!!

There was a whole stack of them got recalled at the same time over the Chinese rice with melamine in it (is that the right word??) a couple of years back. I seem to remember Eagle Pack being one of the very few that weren't using Chinese rice and therefore weren't recalled.

oh here's something from EP on it - can't be bothered reading it as I'm too tired LOL but someone might find it interesting

eaglepack

That list was food that had been recalled in America I thought? (by the FDA).

I am glad they featured Orijien as I had an Orijien cat - thankfully only affected minorly. It was Justin Wympole from SASH they interviewed generally but SASH lead the research into the Orijien cats and saw all affected cats for free.

I question the story about the dane - the dane bloated and the owner links this to melamine in the food. Danes are the breed most predisposed to bloat. It also seemed the dog died some time later (and not as a result of bloat).

WTF was with the Dane/Bloat lady?! To claim that was linked to the food??!!!

Not a bad story all round, and some nice eye candy with Justin :laugh:

Wasn't a fan of the way they said you're safe with 'Australian' at the end, just because something's made here, doesn't mean the ingredients are sourced here.

I thought it was more to do with food that was irradiated.

Which most if not all has been recalled.

Candidae was one, another that was recalled was Nutro - that is now made in Australia.

It was interesting but it really just consolidated what i already thought about dog and cat foods

what a weak bit of reporting, melamine is old news. Why didn't they mention the preservative ETHOXYQUIN ( also used in pesticide ) that alot of U.S dog food

manufacturers use in their food, even the manufacturers of some of the "super premium " dog foods. I know of one of the best rated dog foods in the U.S was using

ethoxquin up until may 2010.

I thought it was more to do with food that was irradiated.

Which most if not all has been recalled.

Candidae was one, another that was recalled was Nutro - that is now made in Australia.

Has Canidae been recalled? There's plenty available on Australian websites. Is it now made in Australia?