Dogs That Sleep In The House - Question On Times

JulesP

my boy sleeps in our room from about 9pm through to 7am, I actually dont know when he last goes to toilet, prob around 7pm after dinner...but he doesnt disturb us or get up to pee until about 8am (if im having a sleep in) if he does have to go he just makes a bit of noise i let him out and he does his business and is straight back in, we do now have a doggy door, but he never used it overnight, unless we are not home and he is sleepign in the laundry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ol girl (15) is crated, whilst the other 2 (2+1) are on my bed. Sleep well all night but if I change position at 5am they want walks. Lucky for me I have trained my noturnal teenager to let them out before he goes to bed so they now sleep longer.

Mine don't sleep in crates, just in our room. If one wants to go out through the night, I get a cold nose on my face, and a quiet "woof, grumble, woof" in my ear. The puppy usually follows out one of the big dogs and does a pee at the same time.

Ours are inside when we are. We usually go to bed around 10pm and get up at 6am. The pup is toileted before we go to bed, but our big boy usually doesn't go out again after his dinner around 7pm. He will wake us up if he's desperate, but that's not often. Sometimes on weekends he hasn't been outside for over 12 hours and we have to chuck him out to toilet :laugh:

My dogs are in the house day and night. They go to bed when I do and get up when I do, if they need to go out for an emergency they can make a noise to wake me up.

Mine dont sleep in crates, even the five month old puppy that we got last week. The front and back doors are open until we go to bed and if they want to go out during the night I hear them walking around on the polished floors and the front door is only a few metres from my bed.

The dogs have access to inside the house whenever we are home so they go to sleep when they want to and wake up when they want to. As I type this my 13yrs old girl is still asleep on our bed even though I have been up for about 45mins.

I have my dog sleeping in the laundry. Initially I used to get up once during the night to let him out to toilet, and left newspaper/puppy pad down for accidents.

It didn't take very long until he was going all night without needing to toilet (about 3 months), even though I still left the paper down.

He now usually goes to bed around 9.30-10pm and I get up 6.15-6.45. He toilets just before I put him to bed.

He is now a bit over 5 months and completely toilet trained.

I'm not sure though if different sized/breed dogs would have more difficulty hanging on overnight as puppies.

Guest Pandii

Seb is loose in teh house, he sleeps on a bed near my bedroom door, sometimes the couch.

He goes outside for last pee anywhere from 8pm to midnight depending on what I am doing, then he is let out anytime from 7am onwards, depends on what is going on, he will let me know if he needs to go out during the night by snuffling my face

I've started letting mindy sleep in my room. I get much more sleep that way!

She is good and doesn't toilet overnight though.

If she wants to go she will bark at the door.

I am a bit of late night person, but I have started getting up earlier now that I have a lot more work going on, and trying to fit in taking her for a morning walk. Usually go to bed from 11 and get up at 6am but sometimes Mindy doesn't not want to get up that early and I will literally have to carry her outside.

On weekdays we go to bed at around 10-11pm and I get up at 5.45 am to walk the dogs. They are free range and sleep where ever they like.

On the weekends they will sleep in until 10 am, even Bitty. They basically don't get up until I wake them up whenever that may be.

Bitty used to be let out at 7 am on the weekends until she was about 10 months. She used to "Woof" when she needed to go out. Now she seems to just sleep until I wake her.

My two are inside, in the lounge room, asleep at around 7.30pm..their choice not mine :laugh:

Official bed time is around 9.30-10pm and they have their last loo stop then before going to "bed" in their crates.

Rhino usually wakes around 6.30-7am, Electra would sleep longer if I let her :dummy:

When they were younger, until about 10 months, I'd get up once during the night to let them have a pee.

Jonty sleeps on our bed and Lulu sleeps in her crate.

Both go out for a wee just before we go to bed, usually 10:30 - 11pm. We get up at 6:30 for work. Lulu will go outside, but Jonty usually just goes straight to the couch and lays on there until breaky time. On the weekend, Lulu usually wakes me up around 7am to go out. Jonty would probably stay in the bed, but comes down to the lounge with me and we all have a snooze on the couch. I don't remember the last time I stayed in bed past 7 :laugh:

Both will let me know if they need to go during the night (usually due to upset tummy for unknown reason). I'd rather get up and let them out than deal with a mess in the house :dummy:

Mine are not crated, but have no access to outside.

They are usually in by 7 at the latest, earlier if i am home, and wont go out till 8-9 the next morning, they will wake me if they have to go to the loo though, they both know to bark and it will wake me and I let them out, but it does not happen often!

I sleep with my bedroom door close and both dogs sleeps in the room with me.

Bedtime is about 10.30pm and lights out about 11.30pm. Emmy wakes up at 5am (I just get out of bed to open the bedroom door and go back to sleep.. she takes herself outside now), I wake up about 5.30am and Charlie doesn't wake up till about 8am (but doesn't get out of bed till about 8.20am).

On weekends, I don't hear a peep out from the dogs till I wake up.

We have an 8 month old CKCS X who was crate trained but now sleeps on our bed and sleeps SO much better with us. I personally think its in her temprement. She wants to be with us and feels most comfortable that way. :laugh:

We go to bed at varying times. Sometimes as early as 8pm other time quite late. We sleep with our bedroom door closed and about once a week, sometimes less, she wakes, jumps off the bed and sits next to me, looking at me. That's when I know she needs to go. I don't mind taking her because she is SO quick now. It's cold and I think she wants to get back to bed as much as I do!

She held from 10 till 6am when we got her at 8 weeks so we have been lucky! :dummy:

My dogs are in the house day and night. They go to bed when I do and get up when I do, if they need to go out for an emergency they can make a noise to wake me up.

Same except mine have access outside 24/4 via a dog door.