For Nic.b And Her Senior Boy Old Ray

Rescue List

Nic your words reflect how precious Ray was to you and your family and by the looks on his face you were all very precious to him. Those wonderful memories will always be with you - he will live on in your hearts.

This kind of thing makes me cry like a total girl. One of my rescues is 16 on 10 August and every day I come home worried it will be bad news. She has cancer but is doing very well still but I hear people say the older ones deteriorate very quickly once it is their time. Even when the time is right to say goodbye it is still heartbreaking to have to go through.

So I'm feeling your sadness tonight but am also feeling the love you all shared.

Alyson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nic,

Thanks for sharing that beautiful story, together with gorgeous pictures of your family. Dear Ray was very lucky to stumble across you all, and he obviously new how treasured he was, finally.

Oldies are very very special, and mostly we try and give their previous "owner" the benefit of the doubt about them landing in the pound, depending on their condition of course. But there is no excuse for Ray's owners. Their loss, your's and Ray's gain.

Cherish his memory and hopefully Hannah will never forget him either.

Ebony's Mum

What a beautiful story, so much love in every line and the photos show how loved and happy he was. Thank you for giving him a wonderful year, full of love. I think what always hurts so much is to know that such a wonderful dog most likely never had that love before, they were not appreciated and treasured as they should be.

Love and hugs to you and your family Nic, it hurts so much but I know you wouldn't change a thing, you would do the same again.

Nic.B. That is a beautiful story and so wonderful Ray got to spend his last days with you. I can't imagine how hard it has been for you and I hope you and your family will soon heal your hearts, but never forget.

I saw this quote about dogs the other week "When I die, let it be as a pet, so someone will remember me" I find this quite sad, but happy at the same time, as we will never forget the fluffies we have lost.

I guess this story hits home with me as I got my 2 dogs kinda as oldies. Chloe was 7 and Corey was 9 and I have had them nearly 3 years now, hopefully with many more years to come yet.

Take care and sorry for the long post

xoxo

Thank you so much for your love & thoughts for our Darling Ray.

The morning before I booked the vet to come, I sat with Ray & we spoke together. I pulled out 4 affirmation cards out of about 50. They are not tarot cards or anything like that, just one printed bolded word on a small card I use every now and then to seek advice.

The first card was 'Giving' which is so true for old Ray, he has given us so very much.

The second was "Reflection" and that is exactly what we were doing at the time.

The third was 'Discipline' and this was needed for me.

The fourth was 'Action' and this is what I believe Ray wanted.

Thank you so much for your love & thoughts, all I can do is cry just for now, I know it will pass, though Ray will always be in my heart.

I am sleeping with these cards & Rays collar under my pillow. I am happy he is free & know he will be there for me one day when I too leave the earth.

xxxxx

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful old boy.

GSDs are very special, somehow they manage to get right into your heart and stay there. You are wonderful for taking him in and giving him such love and happiness in his twilight years.

Is that your daughter in the photos? They look to have a very special relationship.

Rest in Peace Ray :(

:rasberry::laugh: Oh no Nic I am so sorry to hear this. I remember when this boy was in the pound and I lost a lot of sleep and tears worrying about him and offered a generous donation to anyone that could help him. I was so glad that you and Save A Shepherd were able to help him and give him a warm and loving home to live out the rest of his days. Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time :crossfingers:

So sorry to hear about Ray.

The good thing is that he had the love and loyalty that he would have given in spades to his previous family, finally returned in bucket loads with yours. He died, not in the pound, but at home with dignity, care and love.

RIP Ray :) .

For Hannah

Hannah, Old Ray would of loved you

With every beat of his heart

Dont be sad Old Ray has gone,

You gave him the best life he could of had.

I am sure you had many happy times

Always hold him close to your heart

And dont be sad when you think of him,

Y'know Old Ray wouldn't want that.

Remember all the stories you read him

The times you would laugh and play,

He will remain in your heart forever & ever

Your special dog Old Ray.

And for you Nic, I know youre in alot of pain right now. My thoughts are with you.

Nic you are an Angel

An Angel in disguise,

You saw in Old Ray what others didn't

You saw the inner beauty in his eyes.

I am Thankful you opened your heart and home

So Thankful he had you all,

I know now is a very sad time

You feel so empty, you could fall.

I know you'll cry a river of tears

Feel like a part of your heart is gone,

For him you will cry, for him you will fret

For Old Ray, you will all mourn.