Why Do Some Dogs Prefer To Stay Clean, And Others Like To Be Filthy?

Monah

Why oh why does the spin HAVE to get as filthy as possible no matter what she is doing?? While the viz likes to stay clean? :rofl:

It's nothing to do with the spins coat, she just HAS to make sure she gets a gurbby as she can, or she's not happy!

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

Our Afghans love the water and the mud, I think they have themselves confused with gundogs.

Our Salukis dislike it, particularly the smooth. Go figure.

There must be some Universal Law that dictates that the longer and more high maintenance the coat, the more the dog likes to get filthy....

Our Afghans love the water and the mud, I think they have themselves confused with gundogs.

Our Salukis dislike it, particularly the smooth. Go figure.

There must be some Universal Law that dictates that the longer and more high maintenance the coat, the more the dog likes to get filthy....

That doesn't apply for labs!

:laugh: :laugh: :rofl:

I have the problem of the two fluffy GSDs...the one with the fuller thicker coat stays nice and clean and only occasioncally gets matts in his fluffy tail, the other one with the sparce slowly growing back coat seems to turn to dags and matts overnight...with or without rain/dirt/etc! (I'm tempted to shave him but i want his coat to grow back and see if that helps with all his contact allergies!)

Edited by KitKat

Yes, our fluffy, long-haired northern breed has a thing for sneaking off to the swamp at the dog park. The dog park has a mangrove swamp on one side and a storm water drain on the other. He always seems to end up in one or the other, up to his belly in mud. Last weekend he got himself stuck in the mangrove swamp and I thought I'd have to go in after him. I put him under the tap at the park before putting him back in the car and somehow a single speck of water got on Erik, the short-haired one, and he hurriedly shook it off himself with the "ew, ew, it's wet!" look.

One time my last dog went for a swim in the lake and then came out and rolled in a firepit of all things. She had so much ash and dirt stuck to her coat that what was a tricolour corgi had become a small, uniformly black dog. She was so profoundly filthy I was speechless. She was told to go for another swim when I caught my breath.