Kids Today

W Sibs

A conversation I had with my friend's 6 years old:

Kid: Aunty Vi, I need to talk to you

Me: Ok. What's up?

Kid: I have been saving all my money and I have $20!

Me: Good on you! It's more then I have in my wallet right now!

Kid: I want a puppy but mummy said no.

Me: Aww.. they are a lot of work.

Kid: Can I buy Charlie? He isn't a puppy anymore and I know he is broken.. so he can't cost more then $20 right?

Me: (speechless)

Kid: Aunty Vi, what do you think?

By that stage, I tried very hard not to burst out laughing but managed to convince him that Charlie isn't for sale, and that I'll miss him very much if he goes away. Then invited to come over anytime he wants to play with my 2, and offered him $5 to walk Charlie (with my supervision, of course)... so it could help him save up for a puppy on his own. His mum said he can get a puppy when he is 12 ;)

Damn, sometimes these kids just cracks me up!!

Gotta give the kid credit... that there is entrepreneurship. :(

The boyfriend said the same thing. He comes over trying to offer me $20 for Charlie but goes home getting a job offer ;) He is really a cute little boy... waiting 6 years of a puppy is going to damn near kill him (not him waiting but his parents going to murder him because he WILL ask them every single day if he is 12 yet!).

Gotta give the kid credit... that there is entrepreneurship. :laugh:

The boyfriend said the same thing. He comes over trying to offer me $20 for Charlie but goes home getting a job offer :confused: He is really a cute little boy... waiting 6 years of a puppy is going to damn near kill him (not him waiting but his parents going to murder him because he WILL ask them every single day if he is 12 yet!).

Reminds me of me! I used to write pony onmy Mum's shopping list! Never got one!

very enterprising - mine draw me pictures, and then offer them back to me for sale.

:laugh: :laugh: on my god.. that is sooo cute!

Do you pay for the drawing?

Gotta give the kid credit... that there is entrepreneurship. :rofl:

The boyfriend said the same thing. He comes over trying to offer me $20 for Charlie but goes home getting a job offer :confused: He is really a cute little boy... waiting 6 years of a puppy is going to damn near kill him (not him waiting but his parents going to murder him because he WILL ask them every single day if he is 12 yet!).

Reminds me of me! I used to write pony onmy Mum's shopping list! Never got one!

:eat::)

Recently we had a female doggie friend over to play with our male. My 8yo son pipes up "Look Mum! Benson's having a piggy back!" :laugh:

Sometimes I wish they didn't have to grow up and lose that innocence.

:confused::laugh: