Canon Photo5 Comp

becandcharch

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally had no time to enter, or even attempt to photograph this year! but cant say im too impressed with some of those finalist photos. There are a handful of good ones (I particularly like the pregnant woman bubble gum one - that made me giggle).

I voted for this one, I believe it's very creative, I can see how he could do it in camera when I read his description.

I am disappointed in the 3 smoke image finalists that possess no relation to the brief that states: "It’s not just about shooting smoke, but capturing the essence of black and white photography in a dramatic way." and "While smoke itself can take on interesting and unpredictable forms, it’s a much more powerful element when it interacts with people, space and light"

... so while they are all very well and good, imo they do not fulfill the requirements of the brief.

I didn't think that photoshopn was allowed? I thought It was meant to be just your basic editing Of the Image

It kinda takes the fun out of a photo competition I think when they allow heavily photoshopped Images

Maybe they should call It EOS Photoshop 5 Instead

I only voted for one so far In the confetti one

Yeah it is.

#Will my entry be valid if I used photo editing software on my image?

Yes, entries submitted after using photo editing software will be valid, however Judges will be asked to consider the response to the brief first, so less is more. It’s about your idea.

Most of mine have minimal PSing. Mainly to touch up or alter colours, remove unwanted blemishes, etc.