Rip Gabrielle

AWDRI

4848669000_f6c983e3c2.jpg

We got Gabrielle out of HP on Friday but she deteriorated in her health significantly over the weekend. We first took her to one vet to get vaccinated and he refused to do so on the basis of her poor condition (underweight and tumours all along her mammary chain), giving her a poor prognosis. After discussing this with Linda who was temp caring her, and Nic, we arranged for her to go for a second opinion and chest xray to determine if there were any secondaries. When she developed liquid diarrhoea and vomiting overnight we suspected the worst and the xray confirmed she had tumours in her abdomen and lungs as well.

We gave Gabrielle her wings as she had suffered enough. The people who allowed her to get to this condition and end up in the pound should be ashamed of themselves but we doubt they would give her a second thought. I cried many tears over this lovely girl and her fate but she is at peace now and no longer in pain. Thank you so much Linda and Nic. I couldn't have gotten through this without you both. I know she was in loving hands at the end.

Run free over the bridge gorgeous girl.

:laugh:

I am so sorry Di. This is one of the hardest parts of rescue. Her sufferring is over and there is comfort and dignity in that. Take care Di. A quiet understanding ear is here if you need one :laugh:

Sing Song

Poor girl. Thankyou for helping her.

Oh no I am so sad to hear this, I was so pleased to see that you gave her a chance Belgrael, you did a great thing, thank you to everyone who helped her to end her life with dignity and love. Fly free beautiful girl.

:laugh: Oh how sad :laugh: Run free sweet Gabrielle.

I'm so sorry she wasn't able to have a second chance at a better life. She seemed such a beautiful girl. Thanks so much for helping her and for being with her when she went over the bridge.

Thank you for finding this girl and giving her the love and dignity that she deserved, people that can make the right but hard decisions like this in such an unselfish manner are the true Angels.

Run free at the big bridge dear Gabrielle and watch over Belgrael and all those others who do so much for so many!

J

Run free sweet girl with the soulful eyes :laugh:

As you slipped away peacefully I whispered in your ear about the the lovely dogs who would be there to meet you.

You had two quiet peacefull days with lots of cuddles and good food.

You had grass under you feet, sunny blue sky above and bush next door to look at.

A much better way to spend your last two days here on earth.

May you have good memories of this as we do.

Rest In Peace sweet Gaby I am sorry we couldn't do more for you. :laugh::laugh::rofl:

Run free sweet girl with the soulful eyes :laugh:

As you slipped away peacefully I whispered in your ear about the the lovely dogs who would be there to meet you.

You had two quiet peacefull days with lots of cuddles and good food.

You had grass under your feet, sunny blue sky above and bush next door to look at.

A much better way to spend your last two days here on earth.

May you have good memories of this as we do.

Rest In Peace sweet Gaby I am sorry we couldn't do more for you. :laugh::laugh::rofl:

Exactly so, graysmum. But it is still heartbreaking as so many rescuers and fosters have experienced. :) ;)

Edited by Mother Moocher

I am so sorry to hear this... Rest in peace Gabrielle, you are now free of any more pain and suffering, but as Graysmum has said, you had a lot of people who showed you love on your last few days with people who really care.

I briefly saw you on Monday at the vets, it was so hectic and so much going on at the clinic, I did not get a chance to speak to Nic or Graysmum... but I felt sick in the stomach when I saw the vet go in the consult room with the dreaded green syringe. I was hoping I was wrong and I saw the wrong thing but when I saw this thread, I knew.

You had a lot of love around you and hope you are now resting in peace. Thanks Nic and Graysmum for being with Gabrielle and doing all of this for her. You guys are angels.

I have not even met you but I am sitting here in tears.....

Edited by Mina

Rest easy gorgeous Gabrielle :laugh:

What amazing people you all are to try everything to save this beautiful little girl.

The hardest thing to do is always the kindest and Gabrielle would have loved being cuddled by such wonderful and dedicated ladies.

Di you did everything you could. Know that you do so much for these deserving dogs and so many have wonderful and loving homes.