Sticking Her Head Under The Bed Covers And Barking To Herself...

Staranais

When she is bored, my girl will often jump on the bed, stick her head under the covers, and then happily bark away to herself for minutes at a time. I have no idea why she finds this fun, but she shows every evidence of enjoyment. Perhaps it makes her bark sound louder? :shrug:

Do I own the only dog that does this?

When she is bored, my girl will often jump on the bed, stick her head under the covers, and then happily bark away to herself for minutes at a time. I have no idea why she finds this fun, but she shows every evidence of enjoyment. Perhaps it makes her bark sound louder? :shrug:

LOL It's a new one on me but it's very cute. Are you sure she's barking "to herself" or is she trying to get YOU to play with her tho???

When she is bored, my girl will often jump on the bed, stick her head under the covers, and then happily bark away to herself for minutes at a time. I have no idea why she finds this fun, but she shows every evidence of enjoyment. Perhaps it makes her bark sound louder? :laugh:

You're not alone!! I have my boy Jack that does it in buckets and pots etc.

My oldest will do the same thing in my curtains and drapes - she also goes into a trance about it.

LOL It's a new one on me but it's very cute. Are you sure she's barking "to herself" or is she trying to get YOU to play with her tho???

Well, since the only response she ever gets from me is telling her to knock it off, and she still insists on doing it, I'm pretty certain it's a game you can play by yourself. :laugh:

My theory is that her bark sounds louder to her & she's thinking "wow, I sound great in here! So big and tough!". Kind of like a person singing in the shower...

Edited by Staranais

Benson does it in the bedroom corner. He doesn't bark......I think he did once and gave himself such a fright when it bounced back at him.....he just grumbles away to himself, and once he's finished telling himself whatever story he's chosen, he heads under the bed to continue sleeping.

Oh yeah....he only does it during the night. I just ignore him now but I used to leap out of bed thinking he wanted to go out for a wee, but he never did so now I just leave him to him nocturnal gossip.

He cracks me, up, he's definitely a dog with "quirks" and most of them are cute and unusual.

Awww how adorable...

Abbey the little rescue chi we have here atm goes berko when she see's our feet/hands move under the blankets.

She pounces on them ears pricked and scratches away with her little paws trying to uncover whatever it is that is moving under there. :laugh:

Awww OP that is just gorgeous!

Our little girl has a wee quirk but I think yours is much cuter. When my other half looks at her and holds his hands a certain way, she immediately just to attention and starts quivering and the minute he moves his hands or any part of his body, she races off and does zoomies barking and growling. Then she'll run back and wait for him to do it again.

We don't know how we discovered this but she does it every time without fail.

My little black dachy will go under the covers to go to sleep, and my standard red dachy Meg gets so excited and pounces and "talks" (rowr rowr rooowr rowr) and jumps on the 'evil quilt monster' as I call it, she looks like a cat but when she pounces its so funny to watch :laugh:

Mind u, this is the same red dachy that rolls on her back, sings to herself and squirms about like she's scratching her back....

Oh the antics of our fur kids!

Aurora used to jump up on the bed and would wiggle down under the covers, but put her nose under my pillow... She used to bark if I had two pillows stacked of if the pillow wasn't in the right place (like it was her bloody bed!) :D

Genevieve makes little barking sounds in her sleep. And often swings her paws like she is trying to grab at something.

Aurora used to jump up on the bed and would wiggle down under the covers, but put her nose under my pillow... She used to bark if I had two pillows stacked of if the pillow wasn't in the right place (like it was her bloody bed!) :D

Genevieve makes little barking sounds in her sleep. And often swings her paws like she is trying to grab at something.

Awww how adorable...

Abbey the little rescue chi we have here atm goes berko when she see's our feet/hands move under the blankets.

She pounces on them ears pricked and scratches away with her little paws trying to uncover whatever it is that is moving under there.

Banjo does that as well :D its his favourite game!

I have a little Pug who, when bored, will find a bit of fluff... a leaf.... a rock... whatever and bark her head off at it while dancing around it as if it is alive and moving. :D

Another little trick of hers is to pull a basket over, thats sits on the floor, and is filled with glass and ceramic balls. The noise is very loud and they roll everywhere while she dances around as if they are chasing her. :D

Edited by ~Anne~