Photography Inspiration

rocco

I am always looking for photographers work that has something different and unique then the normal pet photography you see everyday. I stumbled across Giacomo Brunelli and his work is so incredible, haunting and mysterious. Just WOW!! I would hang all his work on my walls. Take a look.

If anyone else has stumpled across great photographers post the link because Im sure we all love the inspiration. :eek:

Oh yeah, he has an eye for what works. Really interesting crops and use of space. I think it's great, but I'm not sure I could live with it, it makes me feel.... uneasy. Which is a good thing - it's a pretty strong reaction, much more interesting than 'here is a dog sitting on the grass' type shots.

it's a pretty strong reaction, much more interesting than 'here is a dog sitting on the grass' type shots.

:laugh: yep for sure :thumbsup:

I had a quick play just now - ...

I like, nice job.

very dark and moody, but not happy seeing how skinny those horses were, that just made me sad

Sad yes, but unfortunately this goes on in our world and how thought provoking he has made this.

Here is another great series of photos. The little dog kennel is so cool not to mention the old lady and her lab. :bottom:more cool stuff

Here is another great series of photos. The little dog kennel is so cool not to mention the old lady and her lab. :D more cool stuff

There's something about that series that reminds me a bit of your work. A bit of a retro vibe to a few of them, which I love, of course :)

Thanks Rocco, good to look at something different like this. But my first reaction is dislike, or mild aversion. Technically brilliant, very consistent treatment from composition onwards. But too intentionally emotionally manipulative for me. Too much death or walking-death or misery, and too clinically presented in a book for mass effect. Maybe I'm tired (and sick of being ankle-deep in mud: thinks, must take some mud-misery shots to look back on if we get drought conditions again next year).

Any Henson fans here? There is a Henson exhibition on at a gallery just down the road, don't know whether to go along or not.

..........Sad yes, but unfortunately this goes on in our world and how thought provoking he has made this.

Here is another great series of photos. The little dog kennel is so cool not to mention the old lady and her lab. :)more cool stuff

This is great, I love the way they have done Whistler's Mother - the one with the clown cracks me up

I am always looking for photographers work that has something different and unique then the normal pet photography you see everyday. I stumbled across Giacomo Brunelli and his work is so incredible, haunting and mysterious. Just WOW!! I would hang all his work on my walls. Take a look.

If anyone else has stumpled across great photographers post the link because Im sure we all love the inspiration. :)

I have always wanted a Holga and this guy makes me want one even more LOL. Redbubble were talking about people who wanted to do a digital Holga, that would be a dream camera - http://www.redbubble.com/people/redbubble/...olga-d-filmital

Something sort of like this so no one would take you seriously anyway if you were out in the street taking photos http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLGA-135-BC-135BC-...AU_FILM_CAMERAS

Or better still http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=390146696977

Edited by helen

And of course the famous http://www.wegmanworld.com/splash.html

Wegman and Man Ray are my heros. :laugh: Love his work.

Another photographer I have come across with a job I am working on is Rachael Hale. NZ Photographer (all the best photographers come from here... :laugh: ). I think she is the Anne Geddes of the animal world. Its worth a look not my sort of thing though, but I so admire her business set up. :laugh:

Edited by rocco