Anyone In Need Of A Cheap Crate?

Red Fox

Oooh I just found this thread and boy am I glad I did :laugh:. I've bin wanting to get one of these soft crates for a while but couldn't justify handing over $100.00+ when my wire one did the job.

welllllllll...... For $50 bucks including postage I couldn't help myself lol. XXXL ordered here for my spoilt pup :laugh:

l can't wait to get it now. :o

thanks to the original poster :eek:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Here you go

;) There seems to be a small child hogging the camera from the Ridgeback ... :(

Yeah he kind of got lost in the shadows (the dog that is!). The blue PJ's don't help with that too much either :eek:

The crates look like funky outdoor tents. I now have a vision of all of our dogs in their 'tents', chilling out in a field in a kind of canine Woodstock or somthing ...

The crates look like funky outdoor tents. I now have a vision of all of our dogs in their 'tents', chilling out in a field in a kind of canine Woodstock or somthing ...

:):( Both of my dogs treat it like a play pen already. They have teddy bears in there and Tango seems to transform into a puppy whenever Pepper goes in there. LOL

I think I really went too big. But I did the proper thing and measured them and added 10 cm or so to their height. It's just that they are so LONG!! Tango is positively dwarfed in it.

I cant provide the pics I took because my NEW LG mobile phone/camera has given up on life. :eek:

:( Or children

Guys would a XXL be big enough for Luuka? (Border Collie-ish size)

The 102cm size would be fine for Luuka http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/Lightwe...y-161p14748.htm

My K9+ crate (the good one :) ) is that size and my Ridgie can fit in there. A friend has this size for her BC's too :eek:

I need some new ones for the car, but the XXXL size is too big and the Large is too small. Poo. I need 58 x 58 x 80 (approx) and that size is not on there anymore. Have bought from them before, and they are very good. I need new zipper in one of mine from NFS and was quoted "from $40" to replace them. For $40 I could buy a whole new one on Top Buy, but it wont fit with my show gear in as well. What to do, what to do.

Both of my dogs treat it like a play pen already. They have teddy bears in there and Tango seems to transform into a puppy whenever Pepper goes in there. LOL

I think I really went too big. But I did the proper thing and measured them and added 10 cm or so to their height. It's just that they are so LONG!! Tango is positively dwarfed in it.

I cant provide the pics I took because my NEW LG mobile phone/camera has given up on life. :mad

So sorry that your phone/camera isn't working!! :'( I'd love to see the photos. It's very cool seeing the various photos of 'funky crate in use'.

I only made a very half-hearted effort at measuring up Elbie - chasing him around with the tape measure. The fact that it's so big makes it a convenient, moveable playpen for him :D

Has anyone bought one of the metal ones from there? I was going to buy a 4XL one for $78 (including postage) for my future puppy but I'm thinking I'd be better off buying the 3XL wire one for $120 (including postage) since I want a full size one, but that I can use from when I bring my puppy home. So a soft crate probably wouldn't be very practical. $120 is still about $80 cheaper than any of the wire ones I have seen in store around here.

You could always get both then sell the steel one later on when your dog is past the puppy stage. If you sign up for the newsletter they will email you with voucher codes too ($10 off a purchase over $100 I think??) so make sure you do that before you purchase :(

ahh the large green one I bought is not big enough for my Malinois *grrr* does anyone in Vic want to order me a $39 XXXL blue one who may need a smaller one (you can have my green one instead) and I'll pay you $10 difference when we swap crates?

mine is 79 x 54 x 49 and its the green model

This is the one we got XXXXXL

Awesome. You'll probably be able to fit all of Kuma's puppy class in that crate :(

:confused::laugh:

That's the one I got. Tango fits into one corner and looks at the rest of it like "What in the heck am I supposed to do with all that space!!!" I got a bit carried away! It wont fit through my doorways without collapsing it hee hee