Me being a dag with my dogs [clearly not taken by me but with the Canon]

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Edited by belgian.blue

Guest belgian.blue
IMG_0165.jpg

This is cute!

Really great pics for a first attempt!! that first photo is beautiful!

Thanks to you both :offtopic:

I need to get myself out and practice some more .. where does one find a photography partner :)

I need to get myself out and practice some more .. where does one find a photography partner :laugh:

Exmouth :D

Looks like you're having a great time with it.

Always happy to help if I can, just drop me a note.

Guest belgian.blue
I need to get myself out and practice some more .. where does one find a photography partner :laugh:

Exmouth ;)

Looks like you're having a great time with it.

Always happy to help if I can, just drop me a note.

Oh so tempting! Are there many dog beachs in Exmouth?

Hope you'll be practicing again today. See if you can get down on their level and try to get a bit closer than those ones in the park. And of course, have fun.

Think I'm going to change to the other lens I received, the one I'm using now has nil zoom. So will switch lens today and get a little lower.

Though yesterday in the garden I was squating on the ground and Badger is like a magnet, the amount of times he ran into me .. nearly went arse up a few times :D Photography is fun when dogs are involved!

Guest belgian.blue

18-55mm .. what is this lens best for? Works great indoors. Other one I have is 55-250mm

Thanks for the tip, I will set it that way with todays zoomies :laugh:

eta - going to be so much easier when the two books I ordered arrive!

Edited by belgian.blue

Pretty much all the beaches along the Gulf are dog friendly :laugh: and those on the west side north of the national park are good, too, though we usually don't head over there. I love our beaches for the doglets!

Guest belgian.blue

I will switch to the 250 today! Looking forward to playing with it after work.

Post some photos in a few hours ..

eta - I switch lens and wow, much better! Took photos but they were crappy and I got bored of photographing the dogs. So going to head to some parks Saturday/Sunday and have a play there.

Edited by belgian.blue

I will switch to the 250 today! Looking forward to playing with it after work.

Post some photos in a few hours ..

eta - I switch lens and wow, much better! Took photos but they were crappy and I got bored of photographing the dogs. So going to head to some parks Saturday/Sunday and have a play there.

Crappy how? Maybe someone here can give you some advice. Post 'em anyway, no one will laugh.

Guest belgian.blue

Crappy as in only one dog in focus and just uninteresting. Chopped off paw here and there. But yes, you learn from your mistakes so I will post some tonight and see where I went wrong.

I wasn't in the worlds greatest mood when I took them yesterday :laugh:

Crappy as in only one dog in focus and just uninteresting. Chopped off paw here and there. But yes, you learn from your mistakes so I will post some tonight and see where I went wrong.

I wasn't in the worlds greatest mood when I took them yesterday :laugh:

You still might be able to crop them to make them look more balanced.

I'm just around the corner and have a new canon too... Leila is sick of me taking photos of her!

I had to resort to tomatos on sunday! I'm also looking for somewhere close to Vic Park that does a course if you are interested.

Guest belgian.blue

I'm just around the corner and have a new canon too... Leila is sick of me taking photos of her!

I had to resort to tomatos on sunday! I'm also looking for somewhere close to Vic Park that does a course if you are interested.

Ahhh I forgot you are my neighbour!! :laugh: I did a lot of tomato shooting with my old Pentax.

Yes, I'm itching to find a photography course nearby so I will defiantly come with you. I'm yet to start looking as I don't know where to start.

We are so going out on a photo shoot :rofl: What do you think about heading to Queens Gardens or maybe Kings Park?