Not Happy With Dogtainers

HOGWARTZBOXERS

I had two baby puppies to go to Perth this morning, had DOGTAINERS promise they

would arrive at 8am to pick up my babies.

At 915am we recieved a call to say the driver could not find our address(very

basic address and they have been here before, Dominos has no probs).

At 935am they turned up and took the pups saying they would make the flight.

The new owner in Perth contacted DOGTAINERS and was told the pups were on their

way, so he started his 3 hour drive to Perth Airport to collect the pups.

20 minutes from the Perth airport he was contacted to say the pups never got on

the plane in Brisbane and were still there.

I unfortunately only found out about all this after work tonight and I contacted

DOGTAINERS.

I was then told that the flights were mixed up thats why the pups missed the

plane. I said it was strange I am now been told it was a flight mix up when this

morning it was because the driver couldnt find my address???

REGUARDLESS as to WHY the pups missed the flight and who was to blame,

I am so disappointed NO ONE from DOGTAINERS felt it was something that I needed

to know that my two Babies were sitting in a small crate all day and will remain

there all night and again tomorrow because the company was unable to provide the

service they said they would, and took money for.

WHY could someone not have had the decency to phone and say sorry they missed

the plane and will have to go tomorrow. I would have gone to the airport and

picked them up and brought them home where i know they will be warm and secure

and FED!!!

All I got for my efforts was one guy blaming another.

Its not going to be a very good night for my pups....or ME!

Lucky I placed enough bedding in the crate in case it got cold inflight

otherwise they would be sitting on the two pieces of newspaper that was in the

crate when it arrived .

Sorry DODTAINERS that was your LAST STRAW!!!!!!!! never again!

Hogz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just awful, I have no idea why no one could make that simple call to ASK for directions to your place if they had so much difficulty finding it (not roam around for 1.5hrs before getting there), or making that call to inform you that your pups have missed the flight. And getting flight details mixed up is just poor organisation.

Hope the pups are okay. Must be frightful sitting in a hangar all day and night. I used JetPets and had no problems with them.

sounds like they are good at telling porkies too. Telling new the new owners the pups were on their way (would take that as being on the plane) and then you finding out that they hadn't got on and left all day before you found out. I'd be absolutely ropeable. Just not good enough. Poor babies and you.

I am so sad to hear this! Those poor poor puppies. And the poor new owners will have a couple of dirty, distressed puppies on their hands when they finally do arrive in Perth. That is a long flight too...

I have used Jet Pets before and they were great. I've not used Dogtainers... When I first phoned AAE to enquire about travelling pups, they suggested Jet Pets.... the bloke I spoke to was very honest and said that they were a really reliable service (and was cheaper than Dogtainers when I was travelling on the flight) and that he personally only ever used them...

I wonder if this has been known to happen before?

+ 1 for JetPets. Used them several times with nothing but fabulous success.

I do hope your babies are ok. How infuriating and stressful :love:

Another + for JetPets - have used them personally and have had clients use them and we've never had a problem with dogs being picked up or dropped off on time, and the contact from the company has always been exemplary.

Have only had dealings with Dogtainers twice (not us personally but clients organising their dogs to be picked up from/dropped off to our kennels) and BOTH times there were long delays (resulting in dogs being in crates for MUCH longer than they needed to be) and we had to do all the chasing to find out what was going on.

A standard courier company would never drive around for that long and they are not carrying live animals!...are we not in the modern world where every man and his dog (pardon the pun )has a mobile phone, it takes 5 minutes to pull over and make a call. That type of behaviour is just appalling not to mention very bad business practice.

I hope you get some sleep tonight and that your puppies are more than okay.

I'd be absolutely furious. I hope the pups are okay.

This has me worried as I am about to fly from Adelaide to Brisbane with my pup using Dogtainers. I hope they don't screw up

Why do you need to use a transport company if you are flying with the dog? Just take it excess baggage and drop the dog and crate off at the freight terminal before you check in. They will tell you how far before the flight the dog needs to be there. If I fly with a dog I also watch them load it from the tarmac before actually getting on the plane and watch it beign unloaded at the other end.

Another plus 1 for Jetpets... we have used jetpets many times with no issues as yet "touch wood". I just hope those little babies are warm, fed and watered. After your story I'll never use Dogtainers either :love: . Fingers crossed they get here to Perth safe and sound.