Weatherbeeta Coats On Sale

spottychick

As the thread title says they are ALL that price including the larger sizes. I just saw them on the website when I was looking for VANs food.

VetnPetDirect

Can anyone tell me what they are like? I have a Weatherbeeta that's sort of like polyfleece and I don't find it very good - seems to sit badly on my dallys, slips around and rides up on their necks and gets staticky. These seem to be a different material but I'm reluctant to buy WB again - any thoughts on this particular model?

Edited by spottychick

As the thread title says they are ALL that price including the larger sizes. I just saw them on the website when I was looking for VANs food.

VetnPetDirect

Can anyone tell me what they are like? I have a Weatherbeeta that's sort of like polyfleece and I don't find it very good - seems to sit badly on my dallys, slips around and rides up on their necks and gets staticky. These seem to be a different material but I'm reluctant to buy WB again - any thoughts on this particular model?

I tried one on Riley and found it didn't stay in place - its slid to the sides a bit.

But saying that, at $20 its pretty cheap wouldn't hurt for a spare.

Not sure if you noticed that the pictured product is not the one for sale. The blue one on the dog looks like my showerproof/fleece lined jacket, the one for sale is a tartan lighter weight one. The one I have for Mokha I really like although I had to shorten the chest strap on the one designed for lab size dogs.

I used to have 3 WB for my old dog and I found them to be fantastic. I used this brand on the horses too and was always the better brand.

I use wagswear now because that's what I got my hands on for a good price which never moves. It's great.

Not sure if you noticed that the pictured product is not the one for sale. The blue one on the dog looks like my showerproof/fleece lined jacket, the one for sale is a tartan lighter weight one. The one I have for Mokha I really like although I had to shorten the chest strap on the one designed for lab size dogs.

Yes I did notice that so I looked elsewhere to see what the tartan ones look like. WHich one do you have for Mokha?

I have weetherbeetas for my dogs and find them great. They are very hard wearing (good thing for bullies!) and are easy to wash and dry.

I will certainly be buying more when my current ones need replacing.

Yep, the dogs and horses here wear Weatherbeeta.

The dogs have the waterproof ones with the canvas outer and they are good quality and fit well - as long as I remove the hair from the velcro closures regularly. I have one of the polar fleece ones and it's quite good too.

I recently bought Caribou polar fleece dog ones but they are thinner material, really staticy, move and bunch up.

Quite a while back I bought two dog rugs (I 'think' they are also WB brand but will have to check) which are the bib style ones that go through their front legs and clasp at the top of their back. Well the dogs HATE them. All OK while they are walking around but when they lie down to go to sleep and tuck their legs up they often get one or two legs caught up inside the bib part. Not good on deeper chested dogs.

S

Yes I did notice that so I looked elsewhere to see what the tartan ones look like. WHich one do you have for Mokha?

Mokha has the dark green waterproof outer with a fleecy lining. It looks like the one in the pic just different color. I got it from Dandenong Markets for $30 I think. Mokha loves it and it keeps him lovely and warm on these cold days we are having. The belly strap was quite long but once I adjusted the length of that it stays on really well. It must be comfortable or Mokha would try to rip it off.

Buddy coats aren't waterproof ones - they are soft cotton ones. Great for cooler weather (but not cold/freezing weather).

My Salukis wear WB Buddy coats in spring & autumn - great between season coats. In fact, I need some new ones, and $20 is a great price.

Sonia

ETA - picture of Moss in his WB Buddy coat.

post-9713-1282913474_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hafhafa Hounds

They look good hafhafa - especially on that handsome dude. I like that they look a little more solid than the polar fleece one I've got atm.

ETA Unfortunately it looks like I"ll have to pass on it anyway because both my dogs measure around 50 cm along their backs and the nearest sizes to that they have are 35 cm or 60 cm. Not sure if the 60 cm would be a reasonable fit.

Edited by spottychick

They look good hafhafa - especially on that handsome dude.

ETA Unfortunately it looks like I"ll have to pass on it anyway because both my dogs measure around 50 cm along their backs and the nearest sizes to that they have are 35 cm or 60 cm. Not sure if the 60 cm would be a reasonable fit.

Thanks - I shall pass your compliments on to Moss!! :rofl:

Here's a pic of Arella wearing Moss's 65 cm coat - she normally wears a 55cm... that's the same 10cm difference you're talking about. It's too long on her by far (well, by 10cm actually!) and the neck opening is way too big. Could adjust the velcro... but too much hassle for me.

BTW- This is the same coat as in the first pic with Moss - it's faded a bit over 5 years, but has had heavy use. It's soft, washes & dries well and the dogs seem comfortable in them.

Sonia

PS It's a horrid picture, but she didn't want it on (not his coat!!) and she hates stacking too... :thumbsup: plus, I had to get her out of the armchair :D to take the pic too!! Tough life for her, I guess...

ETA They are a quilted brushed cotton, with a fluffy layer between - just right for 15 degree days that the Salukis think should be spent inside and I think should be spent outside!! :)

post-9713-1282969528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hafhafa Hounds