First Birthday Celebrations?

PoppyDog

So I thought long and hard about even making this thread because I'm guessing some people will think WTF...it's a dog! But here goes...

Did anyone do anything special for their dogs first birthday? Or subsequent birthdays?

OH and I are thinking of having a BBQ with some friends as a celebration for Poppy's first birthday. :eek:

I've found some dog friendly cake recipes online too so I can even make her a birthday cake! :o

I know it's more for us than it is for her but we would still like to celebrate her birthday! :shrug:

hehehehe funny you should post this ...

I also thought people will probably go What the hell .. But i guess their are lots of us out there that don't have kids but have a puppy turning one !!!

So I've decided for my Gizzy's first birthday to have a Lunch with some of my new pooch loving friends :confused:

But i was also a tad lazy in the puppy cake and snacks and found some great places online to get them from ..

So our puppy cake is coming from Pure Pooch and the snacks are coming from Sweet Chops :)

I also say each to there own and if it makes you happy and the pooch enjoys it then go for !!!

Cheers

Edited by LoTTy

So I thought long and hard about even making this thread because I'm guessing some people will think WTF...it's a dog! But here goes...

Did anyone do anything special for their dogs first birthday? Or subsequent birthdays?

OH and I are thinking of having a BBQ with some friends as a celebration for Poppy's first birthday. :)

I've found some dog friendly cake recipes online too so I can even make her a birthday cake! :confused:

I know it's more for us than it is for her but we would still like to celebrate her birthday! :)

Ah no, never have.

The best mine get is a new toy and a special dinner.

Lol i've never done anything like it but why not I guess... good excuse for bbq :)

Yep, thats what we think! We will invite our friends with the 2 border collies and other friends also with 2 border collies! And then just some other friends of ours! We love entertaining and by then it will be summer and will be great weather for a BBQ! :)

hehehehe funny you should post this ...

I also thought people will probably go What the hell .. But i guess their are lots of us out there that don't have kids but have a puppy turning one !!!

So I've decided for my Gizzy's first birthday to have a Lunch with some of my new pooch loving friends :)

But i was also a tad lazy in the puppy cake and snacks and found some great places online to get them from ..

So our puppy cake is coming from Pure Pooch and the snacks are coming from Sweet Chops :rofl:

I also say each to there own and if it makes you happy and the pooch enjoys it then go for !!!

Cheers

Aww! Cute! I might look online and see if there are any dog bakerys nearby. I know there is one about an hour away but its a bit far!

I plan on getting some cute 1st birthday decorations too! And party hats of course! :confused:

Bought her a new shoulder. OCD sucks. :)

:) Well she sure was spoilt! :rofl:

I can show you what I did earlier this year for Brennan's First Birthday

Please excuse the slight mistake with date towards the end of the video.

We had fun, I spoilt her, she had a cake the night before ( Doggy Cake yum)

:confused:

SO cute!!! VIP Pet Foods makes these cute doggy ice creams in the shape of paws! I think I'll get some of them!

The Pet Cafe near us also makes these little tart looking treats made with carob...I might grab some of those too!

It's still 3 months away but I'm excited already! :)

I threw Charlie a 1st birthday.. party hats, cakes, presents, lollie bags and all that. The boyfriend baked him his very own cake too. My parents cooked him a big birthday dinner :laugh:

None of my friends or family were surprised to see an invite to his first birthday... fair is fair, I go to all their kids first birthdays. :laugh: