Jack Goes On His First Horse Ride...

k9angel

Little Jack turns 4 in a couple of weeks and today he attended one of his cousins Birthday parties and had his first ride on a horse. These people go all out and don't spare the horses so to speak. :laugh:

They hired a jumping castle and one of those petting farms with a pony and the kids got to have a ride.

As soon as arrived and eyed the pony, there was no time to speak to relo's :shrug: I high tailed it straight for the horse.

Jack got to have a ride. It was his first ride and when he was first put into the saddle he was a little nervous, however that soon changed as he was led around the yard. :confused: He loved it.

I don't have the flashest camera but glad I did take it along today.

I hope one day to get him a pony of his own.

Here are some pics...

4934214125_3a6461469d.jpg

4934214131_8d87158220.jpg

4934214145_775854f9d8.jpg

4934214135_2969138aea.jpg

4934214139_c46a6786a4.jpg

4934214155_13239c9a28.jpg

Even ol' Mum got a turn. :confused: I miss my old horse so much, it was good to be back in the saddle, even if I didn't have the reins :laugh:

4934235295_155ae40525.jpg

4934246035_607b021d87.jpg

Jack loved cuddling the rabbits

4934832476_06c32be65b.jpg

Little Bailey (my youngest) thought the baby calf was funny...

4934836560_5122d5d4fe.jpg

He didn't know which animal to chose, there were so many

4934242171_dea6d8ea0c.jpg

Jack patting one of the baby goats - those little cuteys were so friendly

4934237583_f6a7b05d2b.jpg

Patting the little cow - so cute...

4934279775_c8bcfda733.jpg

4934874594_38e9d07232.jpg

Bailey spots ducks :shrug:

4934869604_c9dfe17a04.jpg

And just when he thought he had them cornered... :)

4934274873_704f9e1d21.jpg

Bailey studies the piglet - :)

Edited by k9angel

Had to come and have a look after ur comment re kids birthday parties in the other thread kA (Yeah I know what you mean about some parents going all out !) ;-)

What very cute pics of your son (and you) riding the pony !, and off all the other animals there ! :rofl:

:laugh:

i had to come in too :rofl:

You all like you had a fantastic time! Even better you were not paying for it! :laugh:

very cute, and love the shots. But from a public liability point of view, so amazed that they did not have better control of the horse with a bridle with a bit , rather than just a halter and lead, or riding hats for the kids - ponies can go off, esp with the noise of a party, even if they are bombproof. Glad all went well though

very cute, and love the shots. But from a public liability point of view, so amazed that they did not have better control of the horse with a bridle with a bit , rather than just a halter and lead, or riding hats for the kids - ponies can go off, esp with the noise of a party, even if they are bombproof. Glad all went well though

:eek: You dont always need a bit in a horses mouth to handle/ride them. In fact for an all day afair it is very uncomfortable for the horse to have a bit shoved in their mouth all day long.

Both our Arabs are riden in head stalls only.

would only be uncomfortable if the bit was being pulled on by inexperienced rider. Have been around horses of all shapes and temperaments for 40 years, but no way would I use just a halter and lead in this situation, and as I said, the lack of hat worries me - my kids do not even hop on a scooter without one.

IMO Having a bit in a horses mouth will do very little during this type of handling if it is going to shy away from something. You need an experienced handler who will read the horse & be able to deal with them.

A bit in a horses mouth for long, extended periods of time is not ideal IMO which is why in training & while during endurance we use a head stall (in fact even during pleasure rides and in any handling)

I have small children who ride our horses bare back while we handle the horses. They do have a helmet on.

The children have never had to wear a helmet while going on pony rides such as the one Jack has. You would probably have more OH & S issues wearing helmets shared by other kids & catching nits :eek:

I hate to think that children will miss out on a wonderful relationship with animals due to escalating insurance issues and creating fear :) If parents are concerned, they should walk with their child.

Jack looks as though he is taking it all in his stride, is safe & handling it well, as does my son Daniel.

Anyway,

Back to topic and the joy of kids & animals ;)

He looks good ;) Can't believe they didn't have a helmet for the kids :)

My kids have pony rides all the time at parties and fetes. They never have helmets supplied....

If there are any concerns, parents should walk beside their children.

Obviously the group is covered by insurance, it is mandatory & the DPI govern the guidelines.

Why cant people focusson the positives here :eek:

He looks good ;) Can't believe they didn't have a helmet for the kids :)

My kids have pony rides all the time at parties and fetes. They never have helmets supplied....

If there are any concerns, parents should walk beside their children.

Obviously the group is covered by insurance, it is mandatory & the DPI govern the guidelines.

Why cant people focusson the positives here :eek:

ETA Why not take your own helmets? either that or choose not to be involved.

Sheesh it a kids party for goodness sake. The pony's would be lucky to get up to a slow and easy walk.

I think I'd like to have an animal farm come to my next birthday party too! Do they cater for 47 year olds?

I hope they cater for 27 year olds...I told OH recently that I'd rather a petting zoo than a wedding. :)

Lovely photos - looks like everyone had a ball.

Edited by Sydoo