Dutchie X At Pp

Nekhbet

I assume she means that if you can't control the dogs around potential prey items, they could become aggressive towards those prey items. Which is kind of.. :o

Prey drive is already an urge to chase/kill things and to imply otherwise is a little dishonest.

Yes, prey drive doesn't = aggression per se. But the issue is that a very high prey drive dog can decide to try to chase & bite stock, small animals, people on bikes, little kids on scooters, tiny babies that sound like prey, etc etc.

Hence the wording in the add pointing out that a high prey drive could manifest as aggression if the dog is not taught to control itself. That bit, at least, was responsible. God knows nothing else about this situation is.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume she means that if you can't control the dogs around potential prey items, they could become aggressive towards those prey items. Which is kind of.. :o

Prey drive is already an urge to chase/kill things and to imply otherwise is a little dishonest.

Yes, prey drive doesn't = aggression per se. But the issue is that a very high prey drive dog can decide to try to chase & bite stock, small animals, people on bikes, little kids on scooters, tiny babies that sound like prey, etc etc.

Hence the wording in the add pointing out that a high prey drive could manifest as aggression if the dog is not taught to control itself. That bit, at least, was responsible. God knows nothing else about this situation is.

Not to mention what outlets a high drive working dog will find for pent up energy/drive that is not used because it's placed in a home that does not know how to cater for its needs.

So let me get this straight - along with all the rest...this Dutchie's owner has originally stated that the dog is from the first pure Dutchie litter in Aus...and now is also downgrading the bitches breeder by saying that they have crossbred with BSD's?

Wow...i wonder if the Breeder also knows about that set of comments - along with finding out the Dutchie bitch as been bred to a GSD and the pups sold on to all and sundry - and the parents being sold to any and all. Not to mention...shouldn't the original breeder be getting first dibs on getting this bitch back to rehome her suitably?

One would hope so, but then has any of this been done by the book?

It's so disappointing when we try to promote registered breeders and educate people, and then things like this happen.

Just shows being Registered doesn't mean much.

I shudder when I think that before I knew better I would probably have bought off someone like this withough knowing what they were really like, trusting them because they are a registered breeder.

the lines she has chosen are hard lines. The dutchies and the shepherds. These pups are going to be hard arses, just plain difficult if you're lucky. The breeder of the German Shepherds spent a LOT of money on these dogs and wont be happy with the attention she has brought.

the lines she has chosen are hard lines. The dutchies and the shepherds. These pups are going to be hard arses, just plain difficult if you're lucky. The breeder of the German Shepherds spent a LOT of money on these dogs and wont be happy with the attention she has brought.

Do the breeders want the adult dogs back?