Should I Or Shouldn't I? Any Thoughts Appreciated.

spottychick

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Harley!!

Thanks so much for asking about my gorgeous spotty crew! SOrry I've been so busy lately I've only had time to fly in for a few minutes and check a few posts and fly off again.

Well, how are they? Let's see.......

1. A week or two ago I accidentally cut off a piece of Dylan's tongue (he now has a little crescent shape missing from the front of it) :p

2. Three nights ago Tango scared me half to death by suddenly hunching up and being unable to walk into the kitchen. When I finally got him outside he couldnt pee or poo. He was clearly in a lot of distress and discomfort. Too late for a vet in these parts so I had to try and do something myself and PRAY it wasn't a serious urinary stone blockage. I seemed to manage to fix it by feeding him a mix of rice, sweet potato, soft boiled egg, yoghurt, canola oil and a LOT of water. Then I left the other two home and took Tango for a late night walk (which really freaked him out - he doesnt like the dark apparently). It started off slow and with him still hunched and walking badly and ended up with him trotting along and walking normally. When we got home he dropped a nice big poo (WHY couldn't he do that when we were out walking LOL) and later a nice long wee so I was able to sleep happily that night. :laugh:

3. Two days ago I drove to a nearby town to pick up free bones from the butchers. Took the dogs for a walk there with Tango on a long lead. After the walk, Tango was being very good and enthusiastically leapt into the back of the car BEFORE I'd opened the back hatch - thereby crashing into the door of the car at full flight, bouncing off and landing on his side on the road. :cry: It was such a horrific sound and sight that the Post Office manager came running out to see if Tango was allright. He had clearly smashed his head and one front paw quite badly - but the GREAT thing was that - without thinking - I grabbed his front leg (that he was holding up) to feel it and see if anything felt broken. And he was perfectly okay about it. THis is the dog that bites me when I touch his feet!!!!! There I was holding his foot and squeezing all up and down his leg! And he just looked at me all pathetic like. Anyway - nothing too serious. He didn't want to jump out when we got home so I took him through the back seat and out the passenger door, but the next day he was fine. :thumbsup:

So apart from all that everything's just dandy :laugh: :laugh:

Meanwhile, Tango has been getting happier and happier and more and more affectionate with me, with Pepper and with other people. He has also started doing zoomies with Dylan - its all a little tense but as soon as Tango barks and runs in a zoomy circle Dylan is so thrilled he zooms back at him but sort of keeps a distance - if that makes sense. Today, while I was talking to a neighbour we saw them zooming at each other from a little distance for about 5 minutes!!! This of course ONLY happens outside!! :)

And Dylan has started Agility training - a friend of mine here is training a toy poodle up for competition and we are using my yard to train Dylan and the Poodle together. SHe will be introducing a tunnel and other stuff later but for now we're just doing some basics. They don't play or interact much because the poodle is doing serious training and my friend wants it that way. But they do get to say hi and stuff at the END of the training session.

I have posted a video of Dylan and Pepper playing in the loungeroom. Dylan does this singing thing all the time but it's taken me 10 attempts to get it on video because he stops when he hears the mobile ph video beep LMAO. SO I have all these useless short vids of Dylan just sitting there looking at me and being really boring.

ANyway - this one is a little long - sorry about that. I cut some off the beginning and then watched it and thought I should cut a chunk off the end too but strangely before I could do that someone I've never heard of (from Indonesia of all places!) watched it and left a comment so I didn't want to redo the video and risk losing the only comment I've ever had on one of my vids LMAO I was excited!!!! So I'll forgive you if you get bored half way through and quit LOL

ANYway - I tried really hard not to laugh and spoil the soundtrack but couldn't help it. Also, the cool thing is when you see what Tango is doing during the whole thing!!! Real progress there :cheer: I hope you like it - I think it's funnier than a bag of farts but I'm strange LOL

Edited by spottychick

Spottychick, if you ever head down south let me know. I am sure that Anouk and Dylan could get up to all sorts of mischief together!

Awesome dogs, and Dylan is so clever he'll cut himself!

Mollie

I certainly will mollie!!!

Funny you posted the "cut himself" comment around about the same time as I was cutting off his tongue :cheer::thumbsup:

I keep telling you, it's the name spottychick! My Dylan is just like your Dylan with his eargerness to learn! I too often wondered how much more he could accomplish with a far better and more committed trainer than I, but he loves me, despite my flaws! I wish I had him 15 years ago when I had more energy. I did do a little agility with him last year, which he loved and took to easily, but after the Christmas break, I got slack and didn't go back.

eta loved the latest video!

Edited by badboyz

I keep telling you, it's the name spottychick! My Dylan is just like your Dylan with his eargerness to learn! I too often wondered how much more he could accomplish with a far better and more committed trainer than I, but he loves me, despite my flaws! I wish I had him 15 years ago when I had more energy. I did do a little agility with him last year, which he loved and took to easily, but after the Christmas break, I got slack and didn't go back.

eta loved the latest video!

It must be badboyz! It sure ain't me LOL

He's been getting stubborn lately (adolescence!) and I'm discovering the "dark" side of all that intelligence. :mad

Ha, ha. Very cute. He's quite vocal.

He never shuts up truth be told :mad Oh except most times I try to capture it on film

I wish I'd shut up during the vid tho - I hate my stupid laugh in it - but I cant help laughing :)

Thats the EXACT noise that My labrador puppy Riddick makes! He likes to "talk" when hes super happy or playing or just wants attention.

Ha, ha. Very cute. He's quite vocal.

He never shuts up truth be told :mad Oh except most times I try to capture it on film

I wish I'd shut up during the vid tho - I hate my stupid laugh in it - but I cant help laughing :laugh:

Thats the EXACT noise that My labrador puppy Riddick makes! He likes to "talk" when hes super happy or playing or just wants attention.

WOW!!! Really!!!??? Even that hilarious wobbly chin noise hahahahaha!! yay! That's so cool! There's another loony dog out there :shrug: We should record them and play them to each other then watch what they do to see if it's a special wierdo dog code. :)

I'd love to see a vid of Riddick doing that actually :D

Okay - since we don't know when Dylan was born, but we DO know that the vet thinks he's around 8 or 9 months old, I have to come up with a "birthday" date for him. Any preferences? Any special days from about 8 or 9 months ago that would be extra special to have as Dylans' "official" DOB?? Just thought I'd throw it out there amongst you DOLers since it's partly your fault that he's finished up living with me :mad

And yes, this all means he is not going anywhere and I plan to have many happy birthdays with the cute little devil!!!

Oh and how can I make a pitapata thingy for him without a DOB?

Dylan might be cute and incredibly sharp and sweet as honey and all that - but he sure is a trumpet bum!!! Man that dog can fart like there's no tomorrow. He's almost as vocal with his bottom as he is with his mouth. Strangely (and luckily) they are generally not smelly. Just hilariously loud.

Spottychick, if you ever head down south let me know. I am sure that Anouk and Dylan could get up to all sorts of mischief together!

Awesome dogs, and Dylan is so clever he'll cut himself!

Mollie

I certainly will mollie!!!

Funny you posted the "cut himself" comment around about the same time as I was cutting off his tongue :cry::laugh:

Poor Dylan and poor you! I'm sure you feel dreadful! I often cut Anouk and Ziggy when giving them hair cuts. They forgive me fairly quickly LOL

Okay - since we don't know when Dylan was born, but we DO know that the vet thinks he's around 8 or 9 months old, I have to come up with a "birthday" date for him. Any preferences? Any special days from about 8 or 9 months ago that would be extra special to have as Dylans' "official" DOB?? Just thought I'd throw it out there amongst you DOLers since it's partly your fault that he's finished up living with me :(

And yes, this all means he is not going anywhere and I plan to have many happy birthdays with the cute little devil!!!

:mad:laugh::cry: Hooray!!! I am soo happy you are going to keep him!!!!!!!!!!

That is such wonderful news, you have made my day! We all knew it before though, but it is lovely to hear it from you :love::(

Okay - since we don't know when Dylan was born, but we DO know that the vet thinks he's around 8 or 9 months old, I have to come up with a "birthday" date for him. Any preferences? Any special days from about 8 or 9 months ago that would be extra special to have as Dylans' "official" DOB?? Just thought I'd throw it out there amongst you DOLers since it's partly your fault that he's finished up living with me :eek:

;) :D :) Hooray!!! I am soo happy you are going to keep him!!!!!!!!!!

That is such wonderful news, you have made my day! We all knew it before though, but it is lovely to hear it from you :(:o

:D Always happy to make someones day :eek:

Dylan might be cute and incredibly sharp and sweet as honey and all that - but he sure is a trumpet bum!!! Man that dog can fart like there's no tomorrow. He's almost as vocal with his bottom as he is with his mouth. Strangely (and luckily) they are generally not smelly. Just hilariously loud.

Must be a dally thing. My Mishka can do farts that sound like fire crackers but no smell.

Mishka was born on the Ides of March - 15th. That is 8 months ago so maybe a good birthday. I am glad he is staying.

ETA You could use Valentines Day as his birthday.

Edited by Janba