Should I Or Shouldn't I? Any Thoughts Appreciated.

spottychick

Dylan might be cute and incredibly sharp and sweet as honey and all that - but he sure is a trumpet bum!!! Man that dog can fart like there's no tomorrow. He's almost as vocal with his bottom as he is with his mouth. Strangely (and luckily) they are generally not smelly. Just hilariously loud.

Must be a dally thing. My Mishka can do farts that sound like fire crackers but no smell.

Mishka was born on the Ides of March - 15th. That is 8 months ago so maybe a good birthday. I am glad he is staying.

ETA You could use Valentines Day as is birthday.

Awwww I like the Valentines Day idea!!! He's just so much LOVE all bundled up in a somewhat violently enthusiastic spotty adolescent.

But sharing Mishka's birthday might be nice too. Hmmmmmm

Maybe I could find a way to ask him LOL

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, ha. Very cute. He's quite vocal.

He never shuts up truth be told :D Oh except most times I try to capture it on film

I wish I'd shut up during the vid tho - I hate my stupid laugh in it - but I cant help laughing :o

Thats the EXACT noise that My labrador puppy Riddick makes! He likes to "talk" when hes super happy or playing or just wants attention.

WOW!!! Really!!!??? Even that hilarious wobbly chin noise hahahahaha!! yay! That's so cool! There's another loony dog out there :D We should record them and play them to each other then watch what they do to see if it's a special wierdo dog code. :)

I'd love to see a vid of Riddick doing that actually :eek:

I'll have to try and get a video of him doing it ;)!!

Awwww I like the Valentines Day idea!!! He's just so much LOVE all bundled up in a somewhat violently enthusiastic spotty adolescent.

Mishka says she doesn't mind if Dylan doesn't share her birthday but has Valentines Day. Actually she said woo woo but I got the meaning :D

Mishka says she doesn't mind if Dylan doesn't share her birthday but has Valentines Day. Actually she said woo woo but I got the meaning :D

LOL Sweet! You give her a big hug from us! :)

Edited by spottychick

How's Tango's recall training going spotty?

*looks shifty* er.... been a bit slack on that front.....

Thanks for the reminder tho. Must get on to it!

lol busted!

Maybe you should celebrate Dylan's 'gotcha day' (the day you got him) if you don't know his birthday?

Hee heee His Gotcha Day!!! That's fabulous!!!

Loved the video and I love to hear you laughing too - what was going on with Tango - LOL. Playing at being Greta Garbo ??

Wonderful news that Dylan has found his forever home: a special home for a special boy. You have a wonderful little family now, S/chick, and you have worked very very hard to make it that way. Congratulations.

• 3 weeks later...
Dylan can have my birthday date if he likes... March 25th... shared with Aretha Franklin and Elton John, if the singing thing is any omen... lol!

T.

Sorry - been a bit busy and havent been here for a while. That's a very sweet offer TD :whee:

Shared with Aretha is a good thing!!!

Dylan is doing fabulously - cheeky little devil seems to think everyone in the world is under his spell. Even Tango, it's scarey the risks he takes with Tango - nothing aggressive - just completely oblivious to Tango snarling at him and what that means. He sometimes answers back with a little questioning barking - which could develop into a problem later on so I'm keeping an eye on it. But mostly he just treats Tango like a buddy - the other night he took a piece of food out of Tangos mouth - or rather bit one end of it off. Tango was shocked and outraged!!! But did nothing - too surprised I think.

Today Tango was sort of nosing around Dylans face - checking him out - and Dylan suddenly whacked him on the head with his front paw. Hahahahahaha! You can imagine how well that went down with Mr T. :banghead::bottom:

Tango seems to be getting more and more relaxed and affectionate with me and Pepper tho. I think he's benefited from having a new family member who is junior to him. But he's still a "grumpy old man" when the other two are playing LOL

Dylan's grown a lot and doesnt really look like a puppy anymore. But he's totally gorgeous. And his personality is absolutely the sweetest.

Anyway - just thought some of you might like a quick update :eat:

Cheers

I'm really glad you've decided to keep Dylan... I think he's really well suited to your particular pack style - and the other 2 spotties obviously love him too...

This has to be one of the best "saves" I've heard this year... way to go spottychick!

T.

wow thats great news...

sophie is back but going really well, she failed her trial adoption. i for one am glad... although i had almost gotten used to her being gone. in case you had not heard.

glad things are going well for you all.

Awwwww what happened??? Poor baby. I hope she's not too confused and kinda glad she's back with you :)

I've momentarily lost my mobile phone LMAO Doesnt matter coz the darned thing rarely works (as a phone) out here anyway - but I must find it and get some more photos :o

Can I just say I love Dylan to pieces ..... to PIECES!!!!

the main reason was she was guarding her bed... from the families youngest child... he was in tears and could not even go out on the veranda to put his shoes on. i had no contact with them untill it had gotten to the stage of the dad of the family saying she goes and thats final. i did catch up with the kim (the mum of the family) and tryed to organise a play date..... but it fell thru.

the behaviour i think came from a phantom pregnancy... at the time she was returned nesting..... and not wanting to come out with me or the other doggies unless she was really made to. couple of times even i suspect false labour too..... the whole time licking her girlie bits and acting like she might have been preggers.

NO PUPPIES tho at all.

she had not been fixed, as at our place all the boys are.... so no need and the nearest neighbour the same.... and 10km to the nearest town. the trial owners had the same senario.... with a dog run as well. there plan was after she settled to fix her. she was also very thin when she came and seemed very stressed.... also seemed to have been in season when she came..... then a few weeks before she went on trial. i could not really afford to pay extra for the in season bit...

given her back ground they were hesitant to spend the large sum up front in case she did not work out. i think kim has adopted another from a pound in griffth. she was heart broken to give sophie up.

she came back a much happier doggie... and more friendly....they have not damged her in any way in fact i think it was what she needed. her sit which was ordinary and often you had to push her butt down is now really good. it was as if she had never left.

sorry sc for stealing your thread... but me i feel we are walking the same path and given you tend to take on others second hand doggies....

i feel almost as if we are too of a kind. tango and leo have made similar journeys. yet we still have sophie and dylan coming up.

I dont mind you hijacking the thread at all :cheer: It's about adorable spotty dogs getting a better shot at things really - Dylan is just one of them.

Maybe Sophie's behaving better because she thinks she's been really lucky to come back to you!!! :(

We are doing a similar thing with our mad spotty ones.

I tried to lay down some slug/snail traps today and tonight - you know the ones you put beer in. Bloody DYlan keeps knocking the tops off them and drinking the beer.......

Bloody DYlan keeps knocking the tops off them and drinking the beer.......

:cry:

Hiccup!

(Why is there no drunken emoticon???)

LOL Yep would be good if there was eh! :)

Meanwhile - did I mention Tango is getting fat? :(

Went to put his harness thingy on the other day (which is usually slightly loose on him even on its smallest fitting) and I couldn't do the bloody thing up. I had to take a step back and look at him and I realised he's put on heaps of weight in the last few weeks. I cant see his ribs anymore!!

I've taken to calling him Fat-arse hahahahah :cry: