Dogzonline Knitters

Steve

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Julie,

Can you add a catagory for catch poles :laugh:

Sorry, I dont knit, I dont even know how to fix a sock. Hope you have lots of entries, the craft fair will be fantastic!

Well now you mention it.

Some things have happened which we didnt anticipate.

Obviously some people dont "do" but they have donated things - Most that have arrived have come in without names and without return addresses !

Ive received some beautiful material ,cushion panels, quilt panels,some embroidered squares,unfinished aprons, unfinished quilts. One was a pack of white calico squares [ about a dozen] with every one embroidered with black and different featuring cats in various poses- fishing, playing etc -Beautiful! Beautiful! Ive also received iron on and sew on mottiffs. All of this covers horses, dogs,cats and birds! Some things are also finished but shop bought some may have been purchased from craft stores rather than the person who donated making them too. And I dont know where any of them came from!

Ive had a go at stitching one quilt top so far but my main issue is time and Im not that good at sewing anyway. Buggered if I know what I should do with it next. :o Im looking at buying some of that backing stuff in bulk While Im working out how to sew it on and finish them off!

So far we havent received any yarn etc but we have a couple of people who have said if we get any donated they are happy to knit it up for us.

So even if you cant knit or sew etc if you hear of anyone who is chucking any scraps away we can find a use for it.

I have first attempt crochet jumper. It would probably fit something like a largish whippet. I did it for Dory the back fits her perfect, but I over guesstimated her chest depth and breadth.

I'll send it on.

And now I know what to do with all my practise pieces!

Yep keep practicing :laugh:

Hi Steve,

I will try and knit some basic squares.

I have also printed off some posters and category info and will hand them out at my sewing class at the local neighbourhood house on Thursday.

You never know, people there are invoved in lots of arts and craft activities and may be interested to help, especially as somehow the conversation invariably turns to "dog talk" and I'm always telling them about the wonderful work MDBA Pacers does. :confused:

Monah just try increasing the stitches - based on what you have said 40 stitches should work - and see how it goes, I had to pull my first square out a few times until I worked out how many stitches I needed.

Edited by helen